View Poll Results: Who would you rather have...(Points only league, CAT's Below)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Krejci

4 19.05%
  • Carter

12 57.14%
  • Callahan

2 9.52%
  • Other

3 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Marginal Debate. Krejci, Carter or Callahan?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    ranked him 2nd on my team of skaters with 636 Fan Pts
    You already know how to label your league, it's a Fantasy Points league, you said so yourself in the original post lol.

As for all the talk of positional eligibility, in my opinion it looks like he's got 2 good RW (Kessel/Yakupov), but nothing at C past Tavares.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sorry for derailing the thread.
    "Fantasy points", "weighted fantasy points", "category points"... they're all good.
    I like the new SIG.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would go with Carter here.

He's the best winger the Kings have and will be playing with one of two very effective centers. He's also the winger with the most goal scoring potential and will likely have more GWG than either of your other two options in Cally or Krejci.

I agree with PengWin here, in saying that he's a great buy low option.

Carter isn't really an injury troubled guy. Take away last season and he's missed only 31 games since the start of his career. I wouldn't be too worried about him missing time every year.

Also, last season Carter dropped nearly a full shot a game in his average. Before last season, his average shot per game was up around 4. Last season he was shooting like 1. It's a pretty big difference long term and likely resulted in a lower goal total. On the Kings where he will undoubtedly be the premier shooter, he can be the man again for goal scoring. More shooting with guys who are more inclined to pass (Kopitar/Richards) can only be a good thing for him. He won't have a guy like Nash to compete with.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unhappy

LOL...I think the confusion...toward my signature is that "POINTS ONLY LEAGUE" which is what my original signature said...may lead some people to think that only G/A points are counted. Now ofcourse I also provide the point breakdown within my signature. Regardless...

Thanks all for the assistance. And no worries Pengwin7...I don't think it derailed this thread all that much.

As for holdUP...

Agreed...Kessel and Yakupov will be my RW core moving forward. And granted...Carter probably is my best RIGHT NOW option at Center (some would argue Granlund is the best keep here...although I worry about getting too young with Granlund AND Yakupov and one of Kulikov or Smith at D) ... However, I'm left wondering what your point is... Keep Carter at C over say Voracek at RW...or try to find a better Center.

Just got confused.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My personal rankings would be

Granlund (Best Talent)
    Voracek (Playing with Giroux)
    Carter (More Proven)
    Krejci (Role Uncertainty)
    Callahan (More of a Multi-Cat stud)

And that is how I would select my last keeper slots

Dobber Sports Ninja

Your poll description makes no sense... "Points only, CATS below"? So which is it?

If it's the league in your sig, I'd take Carter without question. His floor is already comparable to Krejci/Callahan's ceiling.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Your poll description makes no sense... "Points only, CATS below"? So which is it?

If it's the league in your sig, I'd take Carter without question. His floor is already comparable to Krejci/Callahan's ceiling.
    Yeah yeah...I know.

I can't edit the poll. It's a weighted category points league...you where obviously fortunate enough to miss the painful banter on Page 2 about my inability to define my league.

Carter is hands down the better keeper in my league based on the cats.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Yeah yeah...I know.

I can't edit the poll. It's a weighted category points league...you where obviously fortunate enough to miss the painful banter on Page 2 about my inability to define my league.

Carter is hands down the better keeper in my league based on the cats.
    Since we're sort of on topic of sigs...how do you have so much space in yours? I always run into the issue of running out of characters to use.
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

reinjosh,
    You should reduce your SIG as follows:

OLD: Cats: Goals (3), SHP (2), Assists (1.5), GWG/PPP/+- (Both 1), Hits/PIM's (0.3), blks (0.5) Shots (0.1). Goalies - Wins/Shutouts (2 each). OTL (0.5), Saves (0.2), GA/Loses (-1).

NEW: G(3), A(1.5), +-(1), PIM(0.3), PPP(1), SOG(0.1), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.5). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1).

No need to spell out "goals", "assists", "wins", or "shutouts"... we all know what these mean in short-form.
    That should reduce from 150 characters (no spaces), to 117 characters (no spaces).

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    reinjosh,
    You should reduce your SIG as follows:

OLD: Cats: Goals (3), SHP (2), Assists (1.5), GWG/PPP/+- (Both 1), Hits/PIM's (0.3), blks (0.5) Shots (0.1). Goalies - Wins/Shutouts (2 each). OTL (0.5), Saves (0.2), GA/Loses (-1).

NEW: G(3), A(1.5), +-(1), PIM(0.3), PPP(1), SOG(0.1), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.5). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1).

No need to spell out "goals", "assists", "wins", or "shutouts"... we all know what these mean in short-form.
    That should reduce from 150 characters (no spaces), to 117 characters (no spaces).
    Thanks PengWin. I appreciate it

G - Murray, Grubauer