Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant had X-rays Monday that revealed the hand injury he suffered against the Cincinnati Bengals was a fractured left index finger, however his status for the final three games is up in the air.

Bryant, who confirmed that his finger was broken, doesn't know whether he'll be able to play through the injury.

"We (are) just going to have to find out," Bryant said in a text message, noting that he'd know more Wednesday, when the Cowboys return to practice.

Pain tolerance isn't the issue for Bryant. It's a matter of whether playing with the broken finger would put him at risk of doing permanent damage.

If Bryant needs surgery, then he would miss the rest of the season. A determination on how to proceed has not been made yet.

The team sent the receiver to meet with a hand spe******t about his injured left index finger, coach Jason Garrett said late Monday afternoon. It had originally been feared that Bryant had suffered torn ligaments in the finger, sources told ESPN.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...-broken-finger

Just talked to Jason Garrett... he said its 50-50.. Said Bryant is going to see hand spe******t right now. My gut tells me he won't be on IR
Nick Eatman

Ugh. That sucks. He's a big part of my team right now and has pretty much lead me to the playoffs.