Thread: I want to acquire Pietrangelo !

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Lightbulb I want to acquire Pietrangelo !

I want to acquire Pietrangelo (Chara and Pietrangelo for starter will be awesome), which of my player would you trade to do it ??

Is Roster :

Nicklas Backstrom, Matt Duchene, Paul Stastny, Alex Galchenyuk, Nino niederreiter, Evgeni Kuznetsov, Grigorenko, Ryan Johansen, Turris, Zibanejad

Pietrangelo, Hedman, Kulikov, Mc Donagh, nikitin, Jonathan Blum, Dougie Hamilton, Nathan Beaulieu,

Carey Price, Craig Anderson, Malcom Subban

I tought something like Lindback +, or B. Ryan for Pietrangelo straight up ??

Need advice thx !!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Le Jule View Post
    I want to acquire Pietrangelo (Chara and Pietrangelo for starter will be awesome), which of my player would you trade to do it ??

Is Roster :

Nicklas Backstrom, Matt Duchene, Paul Stastny, Alex Galchenyuk, Nino niederreiter, Evgeni Kuznetsov, Grigorenko, Ryan Johansen, Turris, Zibanejad

Pietrangelo, Hedman, Kulikov, Mc Donagh, nikitin, Jonathan Blum, Dougie Hamilton, Nathan Beaulieu,

Need advice thx !!
    H2H Keeper points only, 14 teams ( NHL salary cap)
    O > Seguin, RNH, B.Richards, B. Ryan, Yakupov, B.Connolly, Toffoli,
    D > Chara, Wideman, Markov, J.Morrow, Brodin, Dumba, Gormley, Despres, Koekkoek
    G > Fleury, Smith, Lindback, Reimer
    The only way you're getting AP is with Chara. His number two D is Hedman, so I'm not sure he'd even want to part with AP. That's what you have to look at when targeting someone, not just whom you want. I don't think any other offer will be considered.

Dobber Sports Stud

In your format, you will need to pay a fortune and the logistics of your salary cap may prohibit a deal he will look at. He looks like he's in a rebuild and Alex is a key cog.
    I know in my league it would cost you a top ten forward plus a stud on the backend to land Pietrangelo.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It will be hard to get AP, I have to put the good guy in the mix...

what about Lindback + Dumba ? or something like this ?

The Wolverine

It will be hard to get AP, I have to put the good guy in the mix...

what about Lindback + Dumba ? or something like this ?
    Not even close. Why would he accept a third starting goalie and a prospect for one of the best defensemen in the game? Honestly, if he's interesting in parting with AP (which I'm not sure he will be), Chara will have to go back as part of the deal, and likely more than him due to the age difference.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Not even close. Why would he accept a third starting goalie and a prospect for one of the best defensemen in the game? Honestly, if he's interesting in parting with AP (which I'm not sure he will be), Chara will have to go back as part of the deal, and likely more than him due to the age difference.
    Yeah thats right ! i'm fine in offense and goalie for several years, but Ineed to acquire a good D if Chara or Wideman get hurt. May be Kulikov ?

The Wolverine

Yeah thats right ! i'm fine in offense and goalie for several years, but Ineed to acquire a good D if Chara or Wideman get hurt. May be Kulikov ?
    That's a whole other question and I don't have the strongest opinion on him, so I'll leave it to others to give their thoughts on him. But some general advice, make sure you consider the other manager's needs when looking at a deal. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Genius

Is Roster :

Need advice thx !!
    Offer him Yakupov straight up. Or (G) Smith and (F) Richards for AP. But doubt either would do it.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Administrator

I think that sometimes people get too hung up on winning every trade that they want to start every conversation with a low ball offer. Why not just try letting the guy know you are interested in Pietrangelo and ask him what it would take?

The other thing is I have to wonder why you would want to take a stab at Pietrangelo right now. His stock couldn't be higher. He's young, coming off a breakout season and is still on a highly affordable one-year deal. If you acquire him now, you'll be buying high (so paying an exorbitant price) on a player who could regress or at least level off but more importantly is set to receive a huge pay raise after this season, depending on what the new cap rules are by next summer.

You want to supplement your defense, that makes sense because you are really young there and he has plenty of nice pieces that are a little farther along in their development that could help you, so there is seemingly a fit whether you go after Pietrangelo, Kulikov, Hamilton or whomever.

Now personally, I'd go after Kulikov. Yes he has trouble staying healthy but he has improved every year in the league and is going to pop very soon. He's still an unsigned RFA but he hasn't performed so well that he might land a ludicrous contract plus the new CBA should restrict his salary even further. I suspect he'll land one of those short "show me" types of deals we see young players who haven't broken out yet typically receive.

Again, I'd ask the GM what he wants but I suspect offering Richards or Lindback might get the conversation rolling towards landing Kulikov. Now if you really must land Pietrangelo and you really must make an offer to get things kick started then I think Ryan straight up makes a lot of sense for both parties but I can see him scoffing if for no other reason than Ryan is "old news" and Pietrangelo is fresh.

I've also seen "Chara must go" in discussions with you landing Pietrangelo. I don't see it. This is points only with a salary cap. Chara pretty much caps out at 50 points and yet he's making over $7 million a year. I could argue that he's not even worth owning at all at that price so if Chara is the piece you "must" include to get this deal done I say go for it. Pietrangelo is a vast upgrade because at worst he's going to have a similar salary as Chara but is way younger and thus more valuable.

But from perspective Chara isn't a must have for your potential trading partner. He's deep on D so he may not need an established replacement for Pietrangelo. What he needs is forwards and maybe a goalie so again if you must make an opening offer I'd look in that direction.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Talking

Need advice thx !!
    Sorry man...unless this other GM is "a little bit slow...eh", I can't see this happening for you.

There's a definite drop off in talent after you take his #1 Dman. You'd definitely need Santa on your side for this one to pass. Can't see a reasonable offer for him to let AP go.

Hate to be the Grinch in this message.

But I'm eager to see if you can prove me wrong!

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with md's comment about Kulikov. Your goal should be getting production cheaper. With AP, you will pay full value for his services. So you bang for the buck will be diminished. On the other hand, Kulikov can be bought much cheaper and if he develops as expected, your bang for the buck will be very good.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Smile

Good thx everyone for the advice. Going straight for AP is probably a mistake due to the high value !

I will try my way to an other D to securise my Defense position.