Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anders Lindbäck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    I have an offer on the table right now,

My Pavelec stright up for Lindback.

Who is the better option for the next few seasons?
    Depends on the stats catagories but for next season I would prefer Pavelec but long term I like Lindback. I dont think the Bolts will through Lindback to the wolves in his first year as a #1 guy (or 1a depending on what you hear). That being said, if he comes out of the gates like gangbusters, I can see Boucher having no issues rolling with him more often then a 50/50 split with Garon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    I have an offer on the table right now,

My Pavelec stright up for Lindback.

Who is the better option for the next few seasons?
    I honestly think I would take Lindback. I know he's totally unproven, but I really question Pavelec's mental toughness. Looking at Pavelec's stats from last season, there were many games where he gave up 5+ goals. In a H2H league that uses SvPct and GAA, this can single handedly kill your week. In a league that counts W, SV, SHO (anything but the percentages or GA), I'd take Pavelec in a heartbeat. But he's shown a propensity for blow-out games, and I really don't want that annihilating my weekly H2H match up.

Afterthought: I'd never be able to trust that guy during a H2H playoff week. I'd have to bench him, regardless of how the previous week/month was going for him. Just one 7 or 8 goal game could spell the end of your season. Let someone else play Pavelec Roulette.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Pro

Lindback has considerable talent and upside and was mentored/trained by arguably the best goaltending coach in the world. I would also go w/ Lindback over the inconsistent Pavelec.