Thread: December Fitness Tips

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default December Fitness Tips

Got a lot of good stuff in here - some reading for the weekend:

http://www.anguscertified.com/10-fit...-for-december/

Canadian MMA phenom Rory MacDonald has a fight coming up on Saturday, December 8th. As a top MMA fighter (at the age of 24), MacDonald has to be in incredible shape. He moved to Montreal many years ago to train with the best – in this case, that would be Georges St. Pierre. MacDonald also trains with Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang, who may be pound-for-pound the fittest player in hockey. I always find it interesting to see what the top athletes in the world do for training (outside of the skills specific to their craft, which is fighting, in MacDonald’s case
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the info Angus
    For those looking to get fit... I've tried a lot of things and play a lot of sports... personally I find a healthy diet with decent portion control will trim the fat.

For those who drink pop, cut that out and you easily lose about 5 lbs in a yr. Some of the little things add up... so don't be of the attitude that cheating here and there (all the time)... is ok. I often remember hearing friends say stupid things like "OH, I haven't had X in a month" "I haven't had Z in a month"... hell, you may not have had those individual things frequently but you frequently have horrible things in general lol.
    Last edited by icevenom; December 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    Thanks for the info Angus
    For those looking to get fit... I've tried a lot of things and play a lot of sports... personally I find a healthy diet with decent portion control will trim the fat.

For those who drink pop, cut that out and you easily lose about 5 lbs in a yr. Some of the little things add up... so don't be of the attitude that cheating here and there (all the time)... is ok. I often remember hearing friends say stupid things like "OH, I haven't had X in a month" "I haven't had Z in a month"... hell, you may not have had those individual things frequently but you frequently have horrible things in general lol.
    Portion control is def a biggee, and cut the sugary sweets. Last July (thereabouts) I began grazing thru the day, instead of eating large more traditional meals.

Also began cross-training and incorporated a 40lb weight vest into my cardio regimen. Definitely helped dropped significant poundage.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Portion control is def a biggee, and cut the sugary sweets. Last July (thereabouts) I began grazing thru the day, instead of eating large more traditional meals.

Also began cross-training and incorporated a 40lb weight vest into my cardio regimen. Definitely helped dropped significant poundage.
    Where did you get your vest?

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Where did you get your vest?
    Online...Amazon. They can be pretty expensive retail. Found some good sales on Amazon. Mine's a forty pounder (max...weight bars are adjustable), which is really perfect for me. I think I saw some 70+ pounders, but I couldn't imagine even attempting that.

This is the one i purchased.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Awesome, thanks Mr. Bastic!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Awesome, thanks Mr. Bastic!
    No prob. The weight vest really forces you to maintain posture, strengthens core and back. Besides basic cardio exercises (treadmill, stair climber etc..) I also use it with basic calisthenics (great for cardio + strength), suspension exercises, as well as ropes, sledge hammer routines.

You'll get a good lung burn going...
    @SmittysRant