Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank My Team

10 Team League

We start 2C, 2LW 2RW, 3 F, 4 D, 2G

Categories: G, A, +/-, P, PIM, Special Teams Points, SOG
    W, GAA, Sv%, Shut Outs

My team:

C: H. Sedin, Kopitar, Kesler, Weiss, Dubinsky (LW), Hodgson
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Cammalleri (C), Filpulla (C)
    RW: Seguin, Pominville, Versteeg, Ryder
    D: Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle, Ehrhoff, Fowler, Hedman
    G: Howard, Lehtonen, Holtby

I picked 4th overall and took Ovechkin over Giroux because of the concussion history. The top three were Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby.

Hopefully I will get to use my team and would love to hear what other people think of my lineup.

I...am your father.

Goaltending, for a 10-team league, scares me. Howard should be a slam dunk, but Lehtonen gets hurt a lot and Holtby is unproven. I'd be uncomfortable there. In a 15-team league, your goaltending would be great, but not in a 10-team league.

Rest of the team looks good, but don't see much from Dubinsky, and I'd shop Hall for a more healthy alternative
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah...I picked Holtby as my third goaltender and Neuvirth was snapped up before I could get him. Not really a lot of options were left at that point - right now Reimer, Vokoun, Thomas, Brobrovsky, Khabibulin, Garon and Giguere are all available on the waive wire and I am considering dropping Dubinsky and picking one up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You should do okay, but it would seem you've punted PIMS, as Dubinsky is the only guy who is going to net you anywhere near 100. Rest of the offensive cats, though, are well represented, especially special teams.

Dobber's right - your goaltending might struggle a little in a 10 team league. I'd consider shopping a forward (Kopitar? Hall?) for an upgrade in goal or PIMS.

The Wolverine

Is this a H2H or Roto league?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Its 10 team H2H league

Dobber Sports Pro

I would look to move from your depth positions (C, D) to try to improve your goaltending.

See if you can package Lehtonen or Holtby with someone for solid starter.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    Its 10 team H2H league
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    10 Team League

We start 2C, 2LW 2RW, 3 F, 4 D, 2G

Categories: G, A, +/-, P, PIM, Special Teams Points, SOG
    W, GAA, Sv%, Shut Outs

My team:

C: H. Sedin, Kopitar, Kesler, Weiss, Dubinsky (LW), Hodgson
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Cammalleri (C), Filpulla (C)
    RW: Seguin, Pominville, Versteeg, Ryder
    D: Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle, Ehrhoff, Fowler, Hedman
    G: Howard, Lehtonen, Holtby

I picked 4th overall and took Ovechkin over Giroux because of the concussion history. The top three were Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby.

Hopefully I will get to use my team and would love to hear what other people think of my lineup.
    In a H2H league, I'm not too concerned about your goaltending as it's all about making the playoffs and week to week production. The loss of Lidstrom may hurt a bit but Howard's coming off a great season. Lehtonen had a career year and he's had two relatively full healthy seasons so I don't worry much about it. I'm also not sure you need a fourth goalie, unless Neuvirth takes over the job. You have four goalie categories, one of which (shutouts) are pretty rare, and on a weekly basis will likely end up as a tie most weeks. That leaves you with one counting stat (wins) and two ratio stats (GAA,SV%), so it's more about quality, not quantity. Having another goalie may not come into play that often, nor will it guarantee it actually helping you.

Counting your players - you have eight on your bench, that's quite a lot and I wonder how relevant many of them will be on a weekly basis.

Also in a H2H league, I don't worry as much about guys who may get hurt more as you can use IR slots (assuming you have them) and pick up someone to fill the void. Or use your bench players. As long as they are healthy for the stretch run and you are in playoff contention.

Solid group of forwards when you look at the likely starters. Considering your categories focus on more offensive players, I think you have a decent balance in all three positions, with centre having the best depth.

In terms of defense, at a glance (didn't check the numbers) it appears that many of your guys are not big shooters. Might not be a big deal and could end up being ok, especially if your big shooter forwards pick up the slack, but something to keep in mind.

You are weak in PIM but being one of seven skater categories (and 11 total), there's little harm in punting that category.

Overall, I think your squad is decent and should be competitive.
    Last edited by horrorfan; December 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM.