Thread: Deep at WR and need to pick 2!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Deep at WR and need to pick 2!

Hey guys, my WR depth continues to give me a "good" problem over the last few weeks. Once again I need to choose a couple of WR for my WR2 and Flex spot.
    My options:

Danario Alexander - I am pretty sure he slides in to my WR2 slot. I feel he has done enough to start each week on my team but his matchup is iffy

Josh Gordon - Picked him off waivers this week after my beloved Harvin was shut down. Like what I hear about him for this week

Antonio Brown - Will Big Ben's return spark this guy's production?

Malcom Floyd - Pretty consistent but matchup is tough

As always thanks a lot for your feedback. Playoffs start next week and it's "Win and I'm in" so a crucial matchup this week!
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

I would run with: Danario Alexander and Josh Gordon
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Hey guys, my WR depth continues to give me a "good" problem over the last few weeks. Once again I need to choose a couple of WR for my WR2 and Flex spot.
    My options:

Danario Alexander - I am pretty sure he slides in to my WR2 slot. I feel he has done enough to start each week on my team but his matchup is iffy

Josh Gordon - Picked him off waivers this week after my beloved Harvin was shut down. Like what I hear about him for this week

Antonio Brown - Will Big Ben's return spark this guy's production?

Malcom Floyd - Pretty consistent but matchup is tough

As always thanks a lot for your feedback. Playoffs start next week and it's "Win and I'm in" so a crucial matchup this week!

Ugh. Alexander and Gordon. I like Gordon better than Alexander this week. Hell, if I were you, though, I'd drop Floyd and get a matchup WR like CHRIS GIVENS (StL vs. Buff) to pair up with Gordon. You don't need two SD WRs. SD at PIT will be tough. Ben is back and they are fighting for their playoff lives. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rivers having a meltdown and marginalizing Alexander's value this week.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Padawan

Good point One87. Givens is not available in my league, the only two that would be possibilities IMO are Hartline (can't see myself taking him over DA) and Golden Tate. What do you think about Tate?
    It would have to be pretty convincing for me to take out DA but Tate also has a hot hand.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Red face

Good point One87. Givens is not available in my league, the only two that would be possibilities IMO are Hartline (can't see myself taking him over DA) and Golden Tate. What do you think about Tate?
    It would have to be pretty convincing for me to take out DA but Tate also has a hot hand.
    Tate is a nice, too. He would be in my list of WRs to scoop. Drop Floyd and scoop him up. As I mentioned elsewhere, he and Wilson ar le becoming super-tight, hanging out and double-dating, so the chemistry is there and has been evident the past couple weeks.

Alexander is rated higher than Tate, but a WR is only as good as their QB and Wilson is blowing Rivers out of the water. Rice sustained a concussion last week so I fully expect Tate to be the #1 WR. I would start Tate and Gordon.

Week 9 - 13 comparison:

Alexander - 12.94 pt avg

10.2 - wk 13
    7.4 - wk 12
    21.6 - wk 11
    19.4 - wk 10
    6.1 - wk 9

Tate @ 13.5 pt avg

15.6 - wk 13
    5.6 - wk 12
    BYE - wk 11
    16 - wk 10
    15.6 - wk 9

W:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the breakdown....very interesting. Makes Tate look real good. One thing I am worried about with Tate is the Seahawks getting up early and just running Lynch like crazy. Also I should have thrown in the info that it is a PPR league. Does that change anything for you?
    Thanks again and rep will go to both when I spread some more around haha

G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks for the breakdown....very interesting. Makes Tate look real good. One thing I am worried about with Tate is the Seahawks getting up early and just running Lynch like crazy. Also I should have thrown in the info that it is a PPR league. Does that change anything for you?
    Thanks again and rep will go to both when I spread some more around haha
    No, it changes nothing for me. Sea is clicking. SD, Jax, Phi and Ari all have laughable offenses. All I can tell you is the Steelers are not to be trifled with this week at home with Ben back and the playoffs on the line. Their D has been stepping IT up big time! They are starting to create turnovers. Hell, if they can hold AJ Green to 1 catch for 8 yards, I'm sure they can hold Alexander in check. That's if Rivers isn't on his back or has his ball picked.

W:

Dobber Sports Padawan

You make a good case to say the least. Floyd has been dropped for Tate and here's to wishing the Wilson / Tate combo all the best this Sunday.
    Thanks again bud

G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Gordon and Brown. Although I love Alexander, Pit just hands down shuts offensive units down, no matter who's healthy.