Thread: Making a pitch for ... !?!?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Making a pitch for ... !?!?

Seguin!!! (sorry Walrus, lol!)

K we'll looking around my league it seems a couple guys are weak at on the G, the seguin owner has J.Hiller and M.Smith. I'm thinking of putting a 2-1 together for Seguin involving Luongo.

If you had Seguin what do you think would get you thinking about parting way with him?? (team in question in sig)
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MJFP View Post

K we'll looking around my league it seems a couple guys are weak at on the G, the seguin owner has J.Hiller and M.Smith. I'm thinking of putting a 2-1 together for Seguin involving Luongo.

If you had Seguin what do you think would get you thinking about parting way with him?? (team in question in sig)
    Wow....a call out to Walrus...

Lol...nice...and foe a rookie to boot!

Incidently...I wouldn't move Seguin for bobby lou

Edit:. I don't know man...Personally I'd rank Seguin #2 on your team behind only Giroux. Not sure I'd let him go for anyone one than a multi player move including Giroux. But I don't know what the rest of his team looks like.

I think id covet Rask more than bobby log...especially already having Smith and Hiller. I'd want the future potential superstar...not one floundering like lou. Then probably ask for duchene or skinner? If a draft pick helps it along...I'd also consider that.
    Last edited by havanablast21; December 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

I will try to give one of in order Grig, Hub and Galcheniuk + Lou for Seguin don't know if he will be enough. Maybe i will just offer him Skinner + Lou if he doesn't want one of your rookie.

Seguin >>> Skinner I think to get this upgrade the price is Lou...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd love to know if you can pull this off. I've wanted Seguin for the better part of the past 2 years...and the current owner wouldn't let him go for anything less than Tavares. And I'm not about to go there. Looking at your roster...the only player above Tavares caliber is Giroux and that is even marginal...but behind them...not really close. Personally bobby lou wouldn't be a key pieepce to me having work horse Hiller and fleeting star Smith already...but who knows. Give it a go!

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn't dream of giving up Seguin for a deal involving Luongo - especially when I have Hiller and Smith. I think that's far from weak goaltending.

Is that hits in your scoring setup? If so, you absolutely have to keep Phaneuf. He'd be gold with those categories.

As others have mentioned, tou could offer your young guys, but I don't think it'd get the job. Skinner + might do it but I wouldn't add huge amount.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Smith and Hiller are not weakness in goal for this guy - I don't see you getting Seguin without Giroux in the deal actually.

Dobber Sports Guru

How many goalies do you start each week?
    In a 10-team league, I can't imagine the shortage is too bad.

Until the season starts, and Lou has a defined starting spot, I don't think he's worth enough. I'd wait and see -- his value can only go up at this point.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Oh, its on now...

I don't think the Hiller/Smith combo would be seen as weak, especially after the season Smith just had, so it might be tough to sell him on needing a goalie. Secondly, Luongo will have more value once he's moved. Right now he's in no-man's land and the prospects him landing on a team that will support him better than Vancouver did are nill.

Seguin on the other hand is coming off a breakout season and has alot of hype surrounding his potential to be a 90-100 point player. So you've got your work cut out for you.

Best bet is to try and sell him on a package of players that address both a) a few of his needs, and b) compensation for the name value he loses in Seguin. Luckily you have a slew of young name talent to work with.

It's look at something along the lines of Luongo + one of your young prospects (Tarasenko/Huberdeau/Galchenyuk/Grigorenko) or one of your young talents (Duchene/Skinner/Van Riemsdyk). If he rebuffs stated he doesn't need goaltending, then grab one from each pool and make that your offer. Remember, you'll likely have to overpay for Seguin.
    ***Non-Descriptive Thread Titles Killed My Wife and Ate My Children***

10 Team Roto Keeper League (G,A,PPP,SHP,GWG,+/-,PIM, SOG // W,SAVES,GAA,SV%,SO)
    Full Keeper w/ Salary Cap [4C/4LW/4RW/6D/2G/5B, 82 gp per roster spot]

C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Ribeiro, Hodgson
    LW: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Eriksson, Van Riemsdyk, Whitney
    RW: Gaborik, Stewart, Read, Selanne, Alfredsson
    D: Pietrangelo, Yandle, Edler, Wisniewski, E. Johnson, Whitney, Bieksa, Gardiner
    G: Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Schneider

Minor League:
    Yakupov, Silfverberg, Bjugstad, Stone, Atkinson, J. Morrow, Palmieri, B. Smith, J. Bernier

Dobber Sports Wizard

As a Seguin owner, I wouldn't move him for that offer. I'd actually be okay with Hiller and Smith as my tenders. Looking at your roster, you'd have to bring it Huberdeau + Gally + Duchene. Basically, two blue chip prospects, one of which - Huberdeau, who should roster this year and Duchene, a known NHL commodity who ensures immediate and reliable production in Seguin's absence.
    Last edited by One87; December 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury