Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1569

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Dunkirk - 8.5/10 Can't say I have seen such a good movie with so little dialog, and you don't even notice.

The Arrival - 4.5/10 So I was going to stream Arrival, and was only half paying attention. Didn't notice until halfway through the movie that it wasn't the right cast. Stuck it out anyways. Meh.

Arrival - 9/10 That was more what I was expecting. Awesome film all around. Wasn't sure what to expect, but quite a different style.

Momento - 7/10 But I could bump this up. Need to watch it again to fully take this in I think.

In Bruges - 7.5/10 Great movie for one that I wasn't expecting much out of. Maybe a touch overdone in parts, but not too much to not make it enjoyable. Laughed a lot more than expected.

Memento is one of my favorite movies of all time! Such an awesome film. I also loved In Bruges. Those two deserve higher scores for me. 8s at least.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Memento is one of my favorite movies of all time! Such an awesome film. I also loved In Bruges. Those two deserve higher scores for me. 8s at least.
    Yeah, you're right, In Bruges probably does deserve at least an 8. Had some train of thought that knocked it down a touch and forget what that was now.

Momento I need to watch again before I could bump the score up. I don't think I was ready for it the first time and still have to completely get my head around it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oscar season is upon us!!

Watched Dunkirk. Definitely an interesting way to do a "war movie". Although I read Nolan said it's not a war movie....just a suspense movie. I enjoyed it.

3 Billboards...................first 45 minutes is great. Very Coen brothers feel. Then the movie takes a turn. I don't want to spoil anything but I didn't like it.

Disaster Artist. Again.....VERY weird movie. I haven't seen the Room but I can only imagine how incredibly awful it is. Franco is pretty amazing though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Baby Driver - 8/10
    Jumanji (New Version) - 3/10
    American Made - 7/10
    Kingsman Golden Showers - 5/10
    Dark Tower - 7/10
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol-2 -9/10
    H2H Points in a Fleaflicker Lg: Ten teams - Four make playoffs -- Roster: 28 Total-18 Starters, 10 Bench, +5 IR (Allowed 25 Keepers)
    Offense: HatTricks/Goals/PowerPlay/ShortHanded/Assist/PIM/FaceOffs/SOG/Plus-Minus
    Defense: Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: Win/Loss/OT Loss/ShutOut/Save/GA

Center: Karlsson / Monahan / Scheifele / Trocheck / Luc-Dubois

L/W: Brady Thachuk / Zucker / Jenner / JT Miller / Hyman

R/W: Elias Lindholm / Dominik Kubalik / Stamkos / Teravainen

W/F: DeBrincat / Tatar

D: Ekholm / Seth Jones / Heiskanen / Hamilton / Sergachev

G: MAF / Binnington / Koskinen

IR: Scheifele

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by okiegoon View Post
    Baby Driver - 8/10
    Jumanji (New Version) - 3/10
    American Made - 7/10
    Kingsman Golden Showers - 5/10
    Dark Tower - 7/10
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol-2 -9/10
    That might be the highest rating it received......on the planet.

Dobber Sports Guru

Saw Hacksaw Ridge. Slow in the start, but they had to tell the story about why he wouldn't fight in a war. 8/10.

Also saw Bright, the Netflix movie with Will Smith. It's basically life on earth if orcs, fairies, elves, etc have always existed. The movie was meh, but I think it would have worked really well as a TV series with 15-20 episodes.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Last Days In the Desert - boring /10 - as you can imagine. its Ewan McGregor in the desert and it hits on religion, which i dont follow so this film didnt interest me.

The Foreigner - 6/10 - Old man Chan kicking some ass. if you have missed him, its a movie for you.

Brawl In Cell Block 99
    - 7.5 / 10 - Vince Vaughn fans will truly dig this meteoric rise through the prison system.

Happy Death Day
    - 5/10 - Groundhog day for the next gen.

The Killing of A Sacred Dear
    - 9/10 - Creepy little thriller here. Its strange and wonderful to me.

I wanted to mention a few others if I may. Mother! was frigging great but audiences are divided, IT had me on edge just the right amount, yes Rememory was worth the watch, and last but not least whats a movie list without some Tom Cruise? American Made was a pleasant popcorn flick.

*ratings are strongly rounded. https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/audiopile/

Dobber Sports Genius

3 Billboards - I liked it. Solid cast. moves along well. yes does take a turn ~50 mins in. Female lead was solid. 8/10
    The Shape of Water - again, solid cast but very artsy film. Female lead was also solid. 18+ for some nudity, not for kids. 7/10
    Dunkirk - other than the flight scenes and some of the audio of the planes, I didn't care for this one at all. Sat through 3 tries to get through this one. Haphazardly written, directed and I didn't care for any of the characters - hard to get into it. 4/10

Getting There will be blood and Reservoir Dogs - oldies , but I've seen only bits and pieces of them.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    3 Billboards - I liked it. Solid cast. moves along well. yes does take a turn ~50 mins in. Female lead was solid. 8/10
    The Shape of Water - again, solid cast but very artsy film. Female lead was also solid. 18+ for some nudity, not for kids. 7/10
    Dunkirk - other than the flight scenes and some of the audio of the planes, I didn't care for this one at all. Sat through 3 tries to get through this one. Haphazardly written, directed and I didn't care for any of the characters - hard to get into it. 4/10

Getting There will be blood and Reservoir Dogs - oldies , but I've seen only bits and pieces of them.
    I won't lie, I didn't really enjoy Dunkirk either. I know it eas a factual movie, and the story behind it is amazing but I found the movie kinda dry.

The wife and I watched Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 2 tonight. I quite enjoyed that. It may have been better than the first one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Coerced into seeing Black Panther today, did not like. Not totally loving some of these super hero movies anyways, including this one. Fell asleep twice, give it a 3/10.
    H2H Points in a Fleaflicker Lg: Ten teams - Four make playoffs -- Roster: 28 Total-18 Starters, 10 Bench, +5 IR (Allowed 25 Keepers)
    Offense: HatTricks/Goals/PowerPlay/ShortHanded/Assist/PIM/FaceOffs/SOG/Plus-Minus

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post

Wow, Reservoir Dogs. My favourite movie of all time... :-)

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by okiegoon View Post
    Coerced into seeing Black Panther today, did not like. Not totally loving some of these super hero movies anyways, including this one. Fell asleep twice, give it a 3/10.
    This one has gained my attention because of the amazing reviews. I can't believe it has 98% on RT.

Ive been blowing through the Oscar movies.....haven't loved anything though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Three Billboards - sure ill give it an 8 too.
    Tragedy Girls - 3/10 - i couldn't get past the score. It was distracting in a bad way.
    Guardians Vol 2 - also thought it was better than the first. 7/10
    Ava - coming of age flick for a 13 year old going through slow loss of eyesight. Only OK for a foreign film. 6/10.
    Salyut 7 - Russian cosmonauts having issues in space. Really good tension and effects, albeit very predictable story overall. 8/10

Bonus mention to Testrol es lelekrol (aka On Body and Soul). Some very striking imagery. Is romance/noir a genre?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally watched Thor Ragnorak. What a great superhero movie.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Finally got to see Dunkirk, actually thought it was pretty good. Not what I expected, less heroism and more of the clusterf**k that it was.