Page 66 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I tried watching the original this past week (twice) and I literally fell asleep both times. Eventually I said **** it and threw in the towel, but the experience ruined my appetite for the new movie.

Is it watchable as a standalone movie without having seen the original?
    I would say if you know the concept then you should be fine. I'm sure there's a recap video out there somewhere. Plus it starts with a few captions explaining some things.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Im finally going to see IT, even though I've heard not so good things.
    Really??? Ive heard great things about IT>

Dobber Sports Ninja

I enjoyed IT. It won't be winning any Oscars obviously, but fun movie. Wish it were scarier.

Dobber Sports Genius

Baby Driver - solid 7/10 great sound and good action scenes and somewhat original.
    Wonder woman 6/10 little cheesy at the beginning but played out fairly well and held my attention through most.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Titan

IT
    7/10

The jokes were pretty funny, and a good way to cut the tension. I think people weren't expecting the jokes so they were not happy. I'm kinda glad they made it 2 movies, they seemed to even rush through IT Chapter 1, so I couldn't image how quick the whole thing would seem.

I'd recommend IT to people. But I'm glad I didn't run out to see it opening week.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

I assume Get Out was talked about on here. Can't believe it was just nominated for Best Musical or Comedy at the Golden Globes. Bigger joke than the Martian.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I assume Get Out was talked about on here. Can't believe it was just nominated for Best Musical or Comedy at the Golden Globes. Bigger joke than the Martian.
    I'm with you on this one. I posted about this back in the summer after seeing Burton Cummings who highly recommended it.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...watched/page48

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So the wife and I went to see Dunkirk the other night at the local Imax theatre. I will admit it, this was my first Imax movie.

As far as the Imax part of it goes, I wasn't overly impressed. It was louder but that was the only real difference I noticed. I wouldn't rush out to go to another Imax movie anytime soon and pay the extra money.

As far as the movie goes, I give it a 7/10. I appreciate the fact that they tried to stick to the facts and not "Hollywood" it up with a funky storyline that wasn't needed, but that being said, the movie was just meh for me. I love real-life movies but this one seemed to jump around a bit.
    I didn't see it in IMAX, but I really enjoyed Dunkirk. Like you, I truly appreciated that director Christopher Nolan didn't add some stupid love story to go along with the very tragic events of the English evacuation from France. Really thought the "one week", "one day" and "one hour" perspectives were brilliant.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

I bought my tickets for Star Wars. Seeing in on Sunday. CANNOT WAIT!

Dobber Sports Master

I watched Baby Driver a couple days ago. Enjoyed it. It helped that JSBX was the song during the opening scene. This movie will not change your life, but I can think of worse ways to spend a couple hours.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I watched Thor Ragnarok recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Worthy addition to the MCU following the Guardians style humour throughout. 8/10.
    Agree with the previous Baby Driver review - 'fun' would be the word I'd use. Great music. 7/10.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watched Logan Lucky the other night.....it was just a meh. Heard it was great but wasn't overly impressed.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Watched Logan Lucky the other night.....it was just a meh. Heard it was great but wasn't overly impressed.
    Glad to see this thread has been revived. Yes, I'm struggling to get through ^ this movie. Real slow and dull start.

Dunkirk is on my list.
    Happy viewing to all.

Dobber Sports Genius

IT - solid 6/10 for me. The clown was golden but the rest pretty much sucked for me. Entire movie shot in Ontario north west of Toronto with the haunted house shot in Oshawa. In a scene near some railroad tracks, you can clearly see a Canadian Tire cart moving along.

Struggling to get through Dunkirk and Blade runner.

One million ways to die in the west from 4 years ago with Seth McFarland was decent if you like the gross out humour etc. 18+ 6/10.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I still enjoy True Lies with Arnie and Jamie Lee Curtis. Very funny and action packed. Its been on a few times since Christmas, including last weekend.

Dobber Sports Titan

Dunkirk - 8.5/10 Can't say I have seen such a good movie with so little dialog, and you don't even notice.

The Arrival - 4.5/10 So I was going to stream Arrival, and was only half paying attention. Didn't notice until halfway through the movie that it wasn't the right cast. Stuck it out anyways. Meh.

Arrival - 9/10 That was more what I was expecting. Awesome film all around. Wasn't sure what to expect, but quite a different style.

Momento - 7/10 But I could bump this up. Need to watch it again to fully take this in I think.

In Bruges - 7.5/10 Great movie for one that I wasn't expecting much out of. Maybe a touch overdone in parts, but not too much to not make it enjoyable. Laughed a lot more than expected.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)