Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

The fate of the furious. Bad acting no doubt but good action. Dumb popcorn flick. Didn't find myself clock watching during this one. Statham still remains my fav. in this series. Zombie car scene was unique. Movie is less about drag racing than previous installments. Has a very mission impossible/Italian Job feel to it. Dumb and but I liked it. 8/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I haven't seen this movie yet but will after going to see Burton Cummings (Guess Who for the younger crowd) in concert last night. He highly recomends the movie 'Get Out'. Cummings claims to be a movie buff and has seen thousands of movies. He ranks this one amongst his top 5 of all time. For him to even mention this during his concert, might be worth a look.

BTW The concert was fantastic.
    Just watched it. I know Burton Cummings is a musical genius but i'm not sure about his taste in movies. This may rate in my top 5 of the last 10 movies i've seen but no where near of all time.

Dobber Sports Monster

anyone watch "the revanant" or whatever its called. came out some time last year i tink

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    anyone watch "the revanant" or whatever its called. came out some time last year i tink
    I read the book first, then watched the movie. It was a very good movie, but there were some slow scenes. The bear attack scene is hard to watch, and while I know it isn't real (in the movie), it is amazing how realistic it is. Tom Hardy's villain is superb, and I often forgot that it was Hardy who played him as he looks / sounds so different than he normally does. I'd give it 8/10

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports All-Star

Finally saw Wonder Woman over the weekend. Have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Glad to see there was a lot of production detail and quality put in and as a character, she makes Superman and Batman look like a pair of momma's boys. Overall I think it was a 10/10 for me, definitely the most interesting character in the Justice League.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I read the book first, then watched the movie. It was a very good movie, but there were some slow scenes. The bear attack scene is hard to watch, and while I know it isn't real (in the movie), it is amazing how realistic it is. Tom Hardy's villain is superb, and I often forgot that it was Hardy who played him as he looks / sounds so different than he normally does. I'd give it 8/10
    I'll have to buy it this week. Not really into movies, last one i watched was American Sniper almost a year ago but this one looked good from the previews.

Dobber Sports Sage

Wonder Woman 7.5/10 -- as with past DC Movies there is just something missing from this movie that makes it feel somewhat empty and poorly paced. That said, it is the best I've seen from DC yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 5.5/10 -- safe to say that this franchise has been milked dry. One or two cute scenes (all Johnny Depp related) -- handful of cringe-worthy scenes (Orlando Bloom related) and too much filler.

Baby Driver 9.5/10 -- haven't seen a movie directed so perfectly in some time (this has been a terrible year for movies so far), keeping me on the edge of my seat for the better part of 2 hours. Awesome soundtrack, acting and story-line.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Deity

I went to see Baby Driver today with some shipmates. It was the 4D experience which I could have left behind. The movie itself was good though. I agree with VV about the soundtrack for sure.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Watched Criminal last night starring Kevin Costner, Gal Gadot, Gary Oldman, Tommy Lee Jones and Ryan Reynolds just to name a few in this 2016 flick.

I was pleasantly surprised by it considering I had heard very little about the story and had no expectations going into it. In a nutshell, the movie is about the CIA trying to extract information about an upcoming terrorist plot in an attempt to stop it before it happens. The movie's key point revolves around ''HOW'' the information is obtained. It's a bit far fetched, but still believable considering the acting at hand.

It deserves a good 7.5/10 in my books!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Baby Driver - 9/10. Freaking awesome. Highly original. Fantastic sound track.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll agree that the first half of Baby Driver was excellent and well executed. The second half I just found myself thinking that they didn't put enough effort in and took an easy way out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watched Life over the weekend. Didn't really like it at all.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Watched Life over the weekend. Didn't really like it at all.
    Yup got 15 minutes into that one and stopped it.

Finished Snowden yesterday and actually found it quite good. Knew very little about this one other than hearing his name in the news. For those who like espionage, big brother watching you, computers/computer hacking type films, you'd like this one. Placed a stamp over my webcam since I've watched this lol. I'll give it 8 giga-bytes/10

3:55-7:30 pretty interesting stuff.

Dobber Sports Genius

Kong Skull Island. Kong bigger and badder than ever. Liked the first 45 minutes then I felt it a tad stupid on many levels. Decent soundtrack though. Brie Larson up's my score a little. 7 skulls/10.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Pianist - 10/10. One of the best movies I've ever seen.
    Sand Castle (Netflix original) - 6/10. Decent Iraq war movie. Nothing original about it but enjoyable flick nevertheless.
    They Call Me Jeeg - 7/10. Italian super hero movie. Light entertainment done well.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.