Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Wait, like, literally it's part two of Unbreakable? Or like a spiritual successor, non-sequel? If it's tied to Unbreakable, I'm much more keen to see it...
    The characters from both movies are to be incorporated into another M Knight movie - that is what I read online. Had no idea what the significance of Split's ending was until I did some research on it.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Cool guys, thanks. Maybe I'll watch Unbreakable again before I check out Split. Cheers!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    am going to have to buy one of these movies to watch it. dont have a movie rental place in my town anymore. i bought american sniper and watched it once since getting it. might make a stroll over to walmart later this evening and get one for like 10 bucks!
    Do you have access to Netflix (console, streaming stick, smart TV/disc player)? You can also access it via computer. If so, don't go spending money on a movie that you're going to watch once in the next year or so (I'm lecturing you here as I sit on a collection of over 5,000 DVDs.... what a waste of money over the years )

These 4 are on Netflix Canada (I think they still offer a free 30-day membership... just cancel it before it charges you on the 30th day or so.)
    13 Hours
    Tears of the Sun
    Fury
    Inglorious Basterds

If you really do want to buy some though, these 3 are in the $5 bin at Walmart... you just have to dig 'em out
    Defiance
    We Were Soldiers
    Zero Dark Thirty

PS: none of the movies listed are on Crackle ( http://www.crackle.com ) but if you don't know about it, Crackle is a free movie and TV show streaming App. It has a good, but limited, collection of flicks considering it's a free service. The only downside is that the movie/show pauses for 30 seconds around 6-7 times during the viewing to slip in commercials (I guess that's how they make it free).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    It's tied to it. But that's a bit of a spoiler alert. You won't realize it until the end. Collectively the multiple personalities within Kevin's mind are referred to as "The Horde." There are clues throughout the movie, but the very end is what ultimately gives it away as more than just a stand alone thriller.

EDIT: M. Night was going to originally include The Horde in Unbreakable, but he decided against it as he felt it was just too much to squeeze into one film. Split is literally the opposite of Unbreakable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    The characters from both movies are to be incorporated into another M Knight movie - that is what I read online. Had no idea what the significance of Split's ending was until I did some research on it.
    Ya it's rumored to be called Glass. For those of you who saw Unbreakable, you'll get the meaning of the title...

IMDB started updating their page about it around a month ago: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6823368/?ref_=nv_sr_3
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Expert

Watched Logan last week.

Good flick. A bit different than other X-Men movies. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Watched John Wick 2 today. I loved the first one. Loved the sequel too. They're not trying to reinvent the wheel and I like it. 8.5/10
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Courtesy of Netflix....

Siege of Jadotville. Solid 8.5

It is the true (though really not well known) story of a company of Irish peacekeepers who were besieged by French Foreign Legion mercenaries in the Congo in the 1960s. It was hushed up and they were branded cowards for surrendering (despite being outnumbered over 10 to 1 and having run out of bullets). They were since recognized for their bravery (in 2005, because 40 yrs isn't much of a wait). A well done move of a story I'd never heard before.
    Well it took me long enough to finally finish this one; I kept starting it and having to stop it 30 mins in.

It wasn't the best war movie I've seen but definitely a solid one nonetheless!

8/10

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

I saw Wonder Woman over the weekend, and it was solid. Gadot was great, very likable, and I could see her succeeding in numerous genres. The villain and ending could have been better, but beyond that, it was excellent. 8/10

Dobber Sports Giant

I saw Dracula Untold over the weekend starring Luke Evans as the Prince of Darkness. It was a nice twist on a classic horror story. Don't expect this to be your typical vampire movie as it centers around the origin of Dracula (whether or not Bram Stoker would be rolling in his grave after seeing it is another thing).

I give it a good 7.5/10 but I would have liked it to be a tad longer while developing some characters further.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

The Edge of Seventeen - good flick for those who like high school comedies/drama. Woody H was great in every scene. More for the 18+ crowd and wouldn't watch it with kids. Reminds us all of our teen years and reminds how good it is not to be a teenager anymore - what a minefield! 7.5 beer pongs our of 10.

Dobber Sports Genius

Finished John Wick II. A bit blah compared to the first. If you like kill shots to the head, this is the movie for you. He makes Rambo look like the Waco Kid's left hand from Blazing Saddles....I mean he never misses. Ruby Rose the assassin is pretty hot though. Needed a few viewings to get this one done. 6 kill shots to head/10

Dobber Sports Star

^ After a 4 minute movie trailer, is there really any reason to watch the rest? Why have these gotten so long and detailed?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    ^ After a 4 minute movie trailer, is there really any reason to watch the rest? Why have these gotten so long and detailed?
    Unfortunately, nowadays I think a lot of people need to know everything before seeing a film. Heck, trailers/posters are so desperate to get people in, they'll say there's a twist. I tend to avoid those films, and get annoyed when I hear/see that.

The element of discovery and surprise is disappearing, IMO. It's a shame, and I tend to watch very few trailers now because they give so much away. I loved the older trailers that showed a brief scene, maybe a bit of sound/music to set the scene, with perhaps a small summary. That's it. It can have even less than that. I love this trailer for The Shining:

Dobber Sports Star

Yes, now that's a goddamn movie trailer! The previous video is more like cliff's notes. No imagination used, no imagination needed.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I haven't seen this movie yet but will after going to see Burton Cummings (Guess Who for the younger crowd) in concert last night. He highly recomends the movie 'Get Out'. Cummings claims to be a movie buff and has seen thousands of movies. He ranks this one amongst his top 5 of all time. For him to even mention this during his concert, might be worth a look.

BTW The concert was fantastic.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I just re-watched the Prestige. What a great frigging movie.