Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Magnificent 7 with Denzel 8 out of 10. Never seen a Denzel movie I didn't like!

Hateful 8. 7 put of 10 good, but a bit over the top.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Genius

Deepwater H - 7/10 meh......a lot of talking with marbles in their mouths for the first 40 mins, then a shit storm hits for the last 30 mins. Little overdone in comparison to the actual amount of damage to the vessel. bit of an oily mess imo.

The invitation (2015) - a dinner party for friends that goes horribly wrong. has a little bit of a hitchcock and tarantino feel to it. a quick 1h30 mins. 7.5/10. Has a b movie feel to it. don't expect the world here.

- - - Updated - - -

Deepwater H - 7/10 meh......a lot of talking with marbles in their mouths for the first 40 mins, then a shit storm hits for the last 30 mins. Little overdone in comparison to the actual amount of damage to the vessel. bit of an oily mess imo.

The invitation (2015) - a dinner party for friends that goes horribly wrong. has a little bit of a hitchcock and tarantino feel to it. a quick 1h30 mins. 7.5/10. Has a b movie feel to it. don't expect the world here.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Icon

Jurassic Park (1993) - Classic and the special effects hold up quite well 24 years later, 8/10

Why Him? (2016) - Surprisingly funny, went in with low expectations, but really enjoyed it. 7.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Jurassic Park (1993) - Classic and the special effects hold up quite well 24 years later, 8/10

Why Him? (2016) - Surprisingly funny, went in with low expectations, but really enjoyed it. 7.5/10
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

The Autopsy of Jane Doe: 8/10, pretty creepy horror movie and only 90 minutes. Definitely recommend

Dobber Sports Immortal

Watched War Dogs on a plane yesterday.....I'll give it a 6/10....enjoyed the movie but man those guys made some pretty expected "movie mistakes" that kind of ruined it for me.

Dobber Sports Giant

Watched Spectral (a Netflix Original movie) yesterday. Have to say, I was quite surprised as I was expecting a cheap G.I. Joe meets Aliens meets MIB straight-to-DVD movie.

Well I was wrong; it was actually good! Without giving away too many details here but the story revolves around a military faction that enlists the help of an engineer to help shed light on recent unexplained deaths in a remote area.

Great visuals, decent acting (no A-listers) and a good story that almost seems pulled out of the Final Fantasy realm!

8/10
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

All of the Oscar screeners are now online so I'll finally be able to post the last 5 movies I've watched....and remember

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Watched War Dogs on a plane yesterday.....I'll give it a 6/10....enjoyed the movie but man those guys made some pretty expected "movie mistakes" that kind of ruined it for me.
    hey HR, a bit random on my part, but I am leaving on vacation tomorrow morning and I was debating if I save some movies on my iPhone or use the extra storage for music/games. Since you just saw War Dogs on the plane and that many carriers will show the same /similar assortment of movies, do you by any chance remember what else was on? If there's a couple of good ones, I'll take the risk of them being the same and most likely fill my phone with a few games and some extra tracks.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    hey HR, a bit random on my part, but I am leaving on vacation tomorrow morning and I was debating if I save some movies on my iPhone or use the extra storage for music/games. Since you just saw War Dogs on the plane and that many carriers will show the same /similar assortment of movies, do you by any chance remember what else was on? If there's a couple of good ones, I'll take the risk of them being the same and most likely fill my phone with a few games and some extra tracks.
    Actually I flew Air Canada Rouge so that didn't even have the TVs in the chairs....you had to buy their iPads. I brought my own so I didn't need to do that. Sorry man.

I think you can go online and see that somewhere though....or try calling? Never know.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Bass FWIW I flew Air Transit a couple of weeks ago and watched this movie on the flight back on their TV. Actually watched the Magnificent Seven, which was quite good, and also Mastermind on the way down, a true story comedy about one of the biggest heists in USA history. 7/10.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Actually I flew Air Canada Rouge so that didn't even have the TVs in the chairs....you had to buy their iPads. I brought my own so I didn't need to do that. Sorry man.

I think you can go online and see that somewhere though....or try calling? Never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Bass FWIW I flew Air Transit a couple of weeks ago and watched this movie on the flight back on their TV. Actually watched the Magnificent Seven, which was quite good, and also Mastermind on the way down, a true story comedy about one of the biggest heists in USA history. 7/10.
    Perfect! Thanks for the info guys! I'm flying Air Transat so thanks for chiming in Godin
    I wanted to see that Denzel movie so that's awesome! Mastermind looked good in the previews so if it's on as well, I will give it a try!

Minors:

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Perfect! Thanks for the info guys! I'm flying Air Transat so thanks for chiming in Godin
    I wanted to see that Denzel movie so that's awesome! Mastermind looked good in the previews so if it's on as well, I will give it a try!
    You're welcome. It's the best way to get to your destination.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    You're welcome. It's the best way to get to your destination.
    That....and Sudoku....such a time killer.

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you're flying Air Canada (with the exception of Rouge), you can see their list of movies on their website.

Dobber Sports Giant

Ended up watching Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. Although the reviews were pretty bad for the movie, I found myself laughing out loud in the plane for the most part of this flick. It kinda reminded me of Step Brothers and Night at the Roxbury to a certain extent; a movie about 2 stupid brothers, with bad reviews, yet the movie becomes a classic comedy that I end up rewatching over time.
    8/10

I plan on watching Masterminds on the way back

Minors: