Page 59 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Finally watched Moonlight tonight.....it was just ok. Not sure it's Best Picture material and definitely totally shocked that guy won Best Supporting Actor! He was in it for like 20 minutes and he wasn't even that good.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Finally watched Moonlight tonight.....it was just ok. Not sure it's Best Picture material and definitely totally shocked that guy won Best Supporting Actor! He was in it for like 20 minutes and he wasn't even that good.

Totally agree with this

Dobber Sports Ninja

My recent movies:

-John Wick 2: 8.5/10 - Awesome. One of the very few action movies where the sequel is on par with the original.
    -Hacksaw Ride: 9/10 - At first it was weird seeing Spiderman in a serious role, but once you get past that, this movie is INCREDIBLE. You just have to see it. Amazing action scenes, great characters.
    -Logan: 7/10 - Had high hopes based on the reviews, but it was just OK. Felt like it was trying too hard to be a kind of movie that it isn't (emotional depth). I prefer the previous X-Men movies personally.
    -Lone Survivor: 7.5/10 - Another solid war movie. I probably would've given it an 8 if I hadn't watched it right after hacksaw which set such a high bar.

Not a movie, but I FINALLY got to see the Book of Mormon musical over the weekend (missed it during it's first run in 2011), and it was SENSATIONAL! 10/10... had me LOL'ing the entire time. Don't watch it if you're devoutly religious though lol

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Not a movie, but I FINALLY got to see the Book of Mormon musical over the weekend (missed it during it's first run in 2011), and it was SENSATIONAL! 10/10... had me LOL'ing the entire time. Don't watch it if you're devoutly religious though lol
    Saw it a couple of years ago in Vancouver... so much wrong that is soooo very right! Ditto on the 10/10
    But yeah, if you are easily offended it might not be your cup of tea...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Deity

Last week I watched Now You See Me. I liked it, thought the story was cool and the characters were good.

This morning I watched Now You See It 2 and like most sequels, it wasn't nearly as good as the first one. It wasn't bad but it wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Finally got around to X-Men Apocalypse. It was okay. Not as good as the good X-Men movies, but not as bad as the really bad ones. I thought the beginning exposition stuff was horrible, though. What a clumsy setup and introduction to all of the characters. Just terrible. Anyway, I'd give it a 6/10 overall.

Dobber Sports Genius

Patriot's Day is available for viewing on certain "sites" lol. Going to check that one out as I heard very good things.

Lone Survivor - Blazes' recommendation and I liked it a lot. I'm a sucker for anything SEAL. Read a bit of the book as well and it is supposed to be better than the movie. 8/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Saw Logan.....woah....go see ASAP

Dobber Sports Master

Last five movies:
    1) Logan...out of this world violent, but incredibly emotional as well. Ranks right up there with "The Dark Knight" as far as comic book hero movies goes. 5/5 stars.
    2) Captain Phillips...based on a real story, although the people who lived through it said Hollywood dolled it, and the Captain, up too much. Worth killing two hours over. 3.5/5 stars.
    3) The Magnificent Seven...very entertaining, but not quite as authentic as the original. Really liked Vincent D'Onofrio's character. 4/5 stars.
    4) The Jungle Book...watched this with my kids on Family Movie Night, and was surprised how much I liked it. Great adaptation. 4/5 stars.
    5) Dirty Grandpa...made me feel dirty. There were some funny bits, but lots of scenes seemed forced. 1/5 stars.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Anyone here watch "The Notebook" featuring Henrik Zetterberg and Rachel McAdams?

Banned

I can only remember the last three so I'll just rate those.

1. Train to Busan - Really good compared to other zombie movies. Probably the best movie I've seen.
    2. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter - An extremely bad end to an otherwise great series.
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy - Rewatched this yesterday. Anyway, when I first saw it, I did not have high expectations but I found myself really enjoying it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Patriot's Day - Boston bombing movie featuring Wahlberg. I liked it overall. A few slow spots in the middle, but a great shoot out towards the end that I wasn't expecting. Glad one of the suspects got what was owing to him and the other will get his soon enough. 8/10
    Split - staring James McAvoy who portrays a kidnapper of 3 young girls who creeps them out with his multiple personalities. Bit of twist at the end that had me do some further research on. Decent flick. Had a mild silence of the lambs feel to it. 7/10

Easter weekend. What are you watching?! cheers.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Giant

Finally saw Logan yesterday night!

All I can say is 10/10 (I don't think I have rated a movie a perfect 10 on here yet)

Jackman was incredible and you know what, so was Patrick Stewart! I'm still in awe! Although it was different from the Dark Knight's ''dark setting'', it left me with that same feeling once the credits were rolling...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Has anyone seen the new Fast and Furious movie?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Fast and Furious movie?
    Seen it, and though it's the first one in the series that I have seen (sacrilege, I know) I did enjoy it. As always with the rest of that series, you got cars, explosions, babes, and mediocre acting.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)