Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Positive Lockout News?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    ^ This, being angry about the NHL lockout and saying you have no further interest in the NHL are mutually exclusive.

If you are really done then leave this site and worry about your job, kids, or your other hobbies instead of hockey. I'm getting there and its not that bad.
    I've said it before, but when I stopped following the Toronto Raptors I didn't do a bunch of online petitions about the team being a dump and I didn't do Facebook groups to boycott the team. I just stopped watching and moved on. I used to go to one game per year, and I've had a half dozen chances to go since that point. I refused every time.

Those who take the time to bitch about it online are people who want it to be better, not people who want it to go away.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    ^ This, being angry about the NHL lockout and saying you have no further interest in the NHL are mutually exclusive.

If you are really done then leave this site and worry about your job, kids, or your other hobbies instead of hockey. I'm getting there and its not that bad.
    You can also still enjoy hockey without financially supporting the league. I'll still watch as much hockey as I can, participate in fantasy hockey, and discuss the league in forums such as this one but my days of going to a half dozen games a year and having more than half of my t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hats representing the Blackhawks are over.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Loss of World Series and loss of fans that some teams never recovered from (buh bye Expos). It was a total gongshow and an embarassment.

That was a real shame 18 years ago. Have to give them credit for getting it right since then.

The NHL on the other hand is on it's 4th work stoppage since 1992, and has already lost a full season including the Stanley cup playoffs back in 04, and they might be willing to do it again. They might consider taking a cue from Albert Einstein

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default the fans need a voice!

Attention all Fans: we need to be heard when this is all over I suggested at the opening puck drop of the each teams home opener we all rise and Boo for the first 5 min of the game. this would be loud and clear message that Collectively we are mad at both the players and owners. lets face it I love the game I just am really pissed at the people involved in it right now.

what do you think? bet we could with twitter and social media get some sort of thing out there?

The players and owner need to remember who's dollar they are fighting over...

send it out to all your friends

Thanks from Oilers rock 99

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Oilers rock 99 View Post
    Attention all Fans: we need to be heard when this is all over I suggested at the opening puck drop of the each teams home opener we all rise and Boo for the first 5 min of the game. this would be loud and clear message that Collectively we are mad at both the players and owners. lets face it I love the game I just am really pissed at the people involved in it right now.

what do you think? bet we could with twitter and social media get some sort of thing out there?

Meh. The only thing the NHL will care about is money. You can boo every second of every game and it still wouldn't matter as long as you're paying them.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Meh. The only thing the NHL will care about is money. You can boo every second of every game and it still wouldn't matter as long as you're paying them.
    Yep. Now if you stand outside the stadium for free and boo them, that will have an impact.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Exactly
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    That's exactly right. Booing, wearing slogans on shirts, and rants on website mean little if anything to the NHL. Talk with your wallet.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    That's exactly right. Booing, wearing slogans on shirts, and rants on website mean little if anything to the NHL. Talk with your wallet.
    This is so true. Petitions and protest don't mean squat. The need is for revenue and consumers. If you want to display your displeasure and voice your opinion, you either purchase or you don't.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Administrator

Think about it for a second. The CBA is going to be 8-10 years in length. Do you think anyone will remember about an insignificant fan gesture 10 years down the road. And if I skipped a whole year and got 5 minutes of booing I would feel like I got out of it unscathed. Meanwhile the fans who are booing in the arena are contributing to the revenue pie that they keep talking about.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Think about it for a second. The CBA is going to be 8-10 years in length. Do you think anyone will remember about an insignificant fan gesture 10 years down the road. And if I skipped a whole year and got 5 minutes of booing I would feel like I got out of it unscathed. Meanwhile the fans who are booing in the arena are contributing to the revenue pie that they keep talking about.
    I think you guys are missing the idea... it is a quick immediate and very clear message from the fans it would be carried on every sports news everywhere. the media would do the rest just imagine the spin off stories coverage, its is tangable and in the moment perfect for news.

I think you underestimate the impact of a organized public demonstration in 30 diffrent cities in north america would have...the sponsors will take notice .

Dobber Sports Master

Fans are like toilets to the NHL.

If there is a serious problem they'll do what they have to do to get us back to normal so that they can get back to seeing how much shit we can take.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Fans are like toilets to the NHL.

If there is a serious problem they'll do what they have to do to get us back to normal so that they can get back to seeing how much shit we can take.
    You love your analogies.

Administrator

I think you guys are missing the idea... it is a quick immediate and very clear message from the fans it would be carried on every sports news everywhere. the media would do the rest just imagine the spin off stories coverage, its is tangable and in the moment perfect for news.

I think you underestimate the impact of a organized public demonstration in 30 diffrent cities in north america would have...the sponsors will take notice .
    The thing is the decision becomes an individual one. We can all say we will do it, but doing it is a different question. Those who don't want to support the NHL will not buy tickets. The people who go are not going to voice anger. They are going because they want to watch hockey.