Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks - week 14

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pricer's Picks - week 14

The playoffs are here. Is your team ready?

The Wolverine

Hey, might as well get your thoughts on my squad going into the playoffs. I already have an idea what I might do but no harm in getting other opinions.

Standard categories, start 1QB,3WR,2RB,1TE,1K,1DEF
    Current lineup:
    QB: Palmer
    WR: Bowe, Maclin, D.Alexander
    RB: Charles, B.Brown
    TE: Daniels
    K: Tucker
    DEF: Pittsburgh
    Bench: Big Ben, Wallace, E.Sanders, A.Roberts, McCoy, F.Jones

Big Ben will go in if he's healthy, and in that situation I'm considering putting in Wallace over Maclin in the hopes that he'll get targeted more, and give me 'tandem' production. Bowe isn't great but as long as he keeps getting targets there's a chance at a decent day. I can't sit Alexander, though with playing Pittsburgh it might be a bit counter productive. Don't think there's much on FA.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

My keeper team I recently acquired didnt make the play-offs. I have some work to do in the off season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

My lone playoff team....so sad.

One major decision and another one that has been thrown at me because Nelson is likely out.

Newton or Ryan? They play each other this week IN CAROLINA. Ryan's stats over the past few weeks have been terrible and I really need to make the right call because Im up against a team with Brady, Hernandez, Marshall and Bryce Brown.

With Nelson likely out....Avery or Josh Gordon. Yep...that's where Im at.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Going to use this chance to whine a little. I won my 14 team league normal season with a 10-3-0 record, but my team is in trouble. My opponent last week opened with a total of 10 points to Brees, Sproles and White and then followed up with 2 points to Decker etc...but then my team underperfomed as well and made it way too exciting. I had a 15 point lead when MNF kicked off and had my Nicks going vs his Bradshaw, and ended up winning with 83 vs 80 points which are season lows for both of us.

But...what do I do now...managed to lose Jennings as my RB2 this weekend as well, and I also just read some bad reports about McCoy and Harvin. I dumped Ivory today and tried to get Owens, Thomas, Louis Murphy, Jeffery or Riley Cooper from the waivers in that order. Ended up geting Murphy, so my squad right now is:

QB: Freeman
    RB: Foster, McCoy, Turbin, Tate, Pierce, Jennings
    WR: AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Nicks, Harvin, Murphy
    TE: Gronkowski, Lewis
    DEF: Browns, Kicker: Graham

I've highlighted the obvious starters, but have to add one RB and a flex. I'm not considering McCoy, Harvin, Jennings or Gronkowski as they are all most likely out for at least another week, and more likely for the season.

So, it comes down to pick two from : Tate@NE, Turbin vs Ari, Pierce@Was, Murphy(wr) vs ATL.

Not much to find on the waivers:
    RB: R Brown, Draughn, Bolden, Goodson, Kuhn, Carter, Powell, Snelling, Royster, Grant, White, Jacobs,
    WR: Ogletree, Walter, Streater, Morgan, Underwood, Hill, Hixon, Henderson, Avant, Jeffery, D Baldwin, R Cooper, Brazill

Any input is appreciated...

EDIT: Harvin was just put on IR and is done for the season. Picked up Avant.
    EDIT2: Dropped Muprhy and picked up Dallas Clark. I like his matchups the next two weeks, and one of our WR spots is a WR/TE, so I could use Nicks as my flex and play Clark/Avant in the WR/TE spot.

EDIT3: New summarize of my options: It is basically pick three from Tate@NE, Turbin vs Ari, Pierce@Was, Avant(wr)@TB, Lewis(te) vs Jets, Clark(te) vs PHI
    Last edited by ynotzz; December 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Freeman or Dalton??

Colston or Blackmon??

Walsh or Suisham??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Hey, might as well get your thoughts on my squad going into the playoffs. I already have an idea what I might do but no harm in getting other opinions.

Standard categories, start 1QB,3WR,2RB,1TE,1K,1DEF
    Current lineup:
    QB: Palmer
    WR: Bowe, Maclin, D.Alexander
    RB: Charles, B.Brown
    TE: Daniels
    K: Tucker
    DEF: Pittsburgh
    Bench: Big Ben, Wallace, E.Sanders, A.Roberts, McCoy, F.Jones

Big Ben will go in if he's healthy, and in that situation I'm considering putting in Wallace over Maclin in the hopes that he'll get targeted more, and give me 'tandem' production. Bowe isn't great but as long as he keeps getting targets there's a chance at a decent day. I can't sit Alexander, though with playing Pittsburgh it might be a bit counter productive. Don't think there's much on FA.

Thoughts?
    Ben is playing this week, gotta get him in there over Palmer. I think Wallace should be in your lineup over Maclin regardless though. Maclin is not startable right now. No one on the Eagles outside of Bryce Brown should be in starting lineups this week. Wallace, Bowe, and DX is scary to me, but it's what you have to work with and there is optimism to be had with all of them this week.

Love the RBs, TE, and D this week. WR and QB are question marks. Need to hope that Ben is back and plays well, Brady Quinn continues to get Bowe involved, and DX can continue his hot streak against a tough Steelers pass D.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My keeper team I recently acquired didnt make the play-offs. I have some work to do in the off season.

feel free to post those questions too. It's never too early to talk about next season!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    My lone playoff team....so sad.

One major decision and another one that has been thrown at me because Nelson is likely out.

Newton or Ryan? They play each other this week IN CAROLINA. Ryan's stats over the past few weeks have been terrible and I really need to make the right call because Im up against a team with Brady, Hernandez, Marshall and Bryce Brown.

With Nelson likely out....Avery or Josh Gordon. Yep...that's where Im at.
    My gut says Cam this week. He has been on a bit of a roll the last couple of weeks while Ryan has been going the other direction. As you well know though, it is very close.

Josh Gordon without hesitation. He is one of my favorite upside plays this week for teams facing opponents with strong lineups.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Ben is playing this week, gotta get him in there over Palmer. I think Wallace should be in your lineup over Maclin regardless though. Maclin is not startable right now. No one on the Eagles outside of Bryce Brown should be in starting lineups this week. Wallace, Bowe, and DX is scary to me, but it's what you have to work with and there is optimism to be had with all of them this week.

Love the RBs, TE, and D this week. WR and QB are question marks. Need to hope that Ben is back and plays well, Brady Quinn continues to get Bowe involved, and DX can continue his hot streak against a tough Steelers pass D.
    Thanks, appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Immortal

My gut says Cam this week. He has been on a bit of a roll the last couple of weeks while Ryan has been going the other direction. As you well know though, it is very close.

Josh Gordon without hesitation. He is one of my favorite upside plays this week for teams facing opponents with strong lineups.
    Im thinking both of those as well.

I just want to state that Im going to be furious if I lose....two of his three IDP guys are hurt and he only has one move left.

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Going to use this chance to whine a little. I won my 14 team league normal season with a 10-3-0 record, but my team is in trouble. My opponent last week opened with a total of 10 points to Brees, Sproles and White and then followed up with 2 points to Decker etc...but then my team underperfomed as well and made it way too exciting. I had a 15 point lead when MNF kicked off and had my Nicks going vs his Bradshaw, and ended up winning with 83 vs 80 points which are season lows for both of us.

But...what do I do now...managed to lose Jennings as my RB2 this weekend as well, and I also just read some bad reports about McCoy and Harvin. I dumped Ivory today and tried to get Owens, Thomas, Louis Murphy, Jeffery or Riley Cooper from the waivers in that order. Ended up geting Murphy, so my squad right now is:

QB: Freeman
    RB: Foster, McCoy, Turbin, Tate, Pierce, Jennings
    WR: AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Nicks, Harvin, Murphy
    TE: Gronkowski, Lewis
    DEF: Browns, Kicker: Graham

I've highlighted the obvious starters, but have to add one RB and a flex. I'm not considering McCoy, Harvin, Jennings or Gronkowski as they are all most likely out for at least another week, and more likely for the season.

So, it comes down to pick two from : Tate@NE, Turbin vs Ari, Pierce@Was, Murphy(wr) vs ATL.

Not much to find on the waivers:
    RB: R Brown, Draughn, Bolden, Goodson, Kuhn, Carter, Powell, Snelling, Royster, Grant, White, Jacobs,
    WR: Ogletree, Walter, Streater, Morgan, Underwood, Hill, Hixon, Henderson, Avant, Jeffery, D Baldwin, R Cooper, Brazill

Any input is appreciated...

EDIT: Harvin was just put on IR and is done for the season. Picked up Avant.
    EDIT2: Dropped Muprhy and picked up Dallas Clark. I like his matchups the next two weeks, and one of our WR spots is a WR/TE, so I could use Nicks as my flex and play Clark/Avant in the WR/TE spot.
    You're team has been rocked by injuries lately. A seemingly dominant team now has obvious holes. I feel for you and have a similar team of my own. One of my dynasty teams is limping into the playoffs having lost McCoy, Gronk, Murray, McFadden, and Harvin through the course of the season. Luckily McFadden and Murray are back for me this week (though I'm not thrilled about rolling with McFadden).

Enough about my teams though. I'm glad you were able to get Clark. I like him a lot better than Murphy.

I think you have to roll with Clark and Tate. Tate is obviously a dice roll, but my gut says that Foster's workload starts getting scaled back at some point so you'll want to capitalize on the rest of the Texan's rushing production (averaging 142 yards per game.) Forsett will be in the mix too, but I have to think that a healthy Tate has the advantage there.

Even though I advised you not to worry about getting Montell Owens last week, I'd say he is at least worth a pickup if he is still out there if for no other reason than to keep him from an opponent. I like Snelling as a preemptive pickup too in case the Falcons start scaling back Turner.
    Last edited by Matt Price; December 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im thinking both of those as well.

I just want to state that Im going to be furious if I lose....two of his three IDP guys are hurt and he only has one move left.
    ohh it's IDP? who are you rolling out as your IDPs?

EDIT3: New summarize of my options: It is basically pick three from Tate@NE, Turbin vs Ari, Pierce@Was, Avant(wr)@TB, Lewis(te) vs Jets, Clark(te) vs PHI

I'd roll with the TE explorers (Lewis and Clark) and Tate. I can see an argument for Avant, but I can't in good conscience recommend a Philly receiver even with the great matchup. If you want the epitome of a gamble play roll with Avant over Tate. If you are an underdog that might be the way to go, but I wouldn't do it if it was my team.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd roll with the TE explorers (Lewis and Clark) and Tate. I can see an argument for Avant, but I can't in good conscience recommend a Philly receiver even with the great matchup. If you want the epitome of a gamble play roll with Avant over Tate. If you are an underdog that might be the way to go, but I wouldn't do it if it was my team.
    Owens was claimed off waivers by the guy just ahead of me. I am kinda thinking that the Texans will give alot of touches to Foster this week, and try to eliminate the Patriots as a divisional title contender. There is also a chance that Brady will give the Pats an early lead and force the Texans into throwing the ball. If they end up throwing the ball alot it seems like a bad tactic to invest both my RB spots?

I really like Pierce, but one week after a loss to the Steelers where Rice only got 12 carries I'm thinking that they will force 20+ touches for Rice. Turbin isnt getting alot of touches lately, so basically all my options are pretty bad.

Who would I dump to pick up Snelling? Avant? Gronk?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore