Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is Jase Burns?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Who is ...?

I find it pretty questionable that the previous thread was closed. Defending someone you have trusted is honorable, but someone who is innocent would post and defend/explain themselves.

I nearly joined a couple of OldSkool's leagues. Exchanged multiple emails with him. Even had other league members suggest his new leagues to me. At least 3 ppl in my league have joined his league.

First of all, if you are explaining why someone didn't make a second identity, saying why he would you choose a stupid name like ---- is not proof of anything. There are 3 ---- ----- on facebook. If you google the name, the most common result is some musician.

Second of all, if this ---- ----- did all his posts from the same IP address, is he (a) living with Shakedown (b) dating Shakedown, (c) homeless living in a tent in Shakedown's backyard using his wifi?

Either Shakedown or Oldskool should explain, it's very easy to. No one on the previous thread was threatening him. Most were sympathetic and/or just looking for answers.
    Last edited by cdubb; December 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Removed names
    Semi-retired

I...am your father.

Let it go. Seriously. You're being paranoid. I find it pretty questionable that you're continuing with this publicly. Email me privately and let's solve it. If you knew half the story, you'd hang your head in shame.

I don't care if Jase or Brandon - two different people and you're insulting both of them - explains or not. Some things in life are not worth wasting time on. The problem at hand is - people need their money. I will solve said problem. Done.

Are you owed money? Let me put you at the top of the list - the squeakiest wheels get paid first, unfortunately. So I'll get you your money ASAP. Whatever I can do to let my fun hockey forum become a fun hockey forum again, without any negativity. I don't need to read a million-word explanation, or a pointless question, or some made up rule about how "if a person is this, then he must do this" wah wah wah. You need money, you'll get money. I'll see to it. Solved. Move on please.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    I find it pretty questionable that the previous thread was closed.
    This insults me. Ridiculous statement. I would do the same defending you, cdubb. Nobody gets ganged up on in my forum.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Really? These people are just looking for some answers and they're being kicked in the face. That's nice. Wow...
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Really? These people are just looking for some answers and they're being kicked in the face. That's nice. Wow...
    I'm sorry man. It maybe came out wrong. He started his thread:

I find it pretty questionable that the previous thread was closed.
    Which to me is an attack on me. Maybe it's my being up with the sick baby all night. Maybe it's that i'm hungry. But I guess I'm sensitive for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Dobber; December 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM. Reason: forget it

I...am your father.

I'm re-reading what I wrote. I don't think I was out of line. Can you pick it apart line by line so I see where I veered off course Dakkster? If you don't mind. And I say this without sarcasm or any negativity. I seriously want to know.

Dobber Sports Ace

"Feel free to open up a ---- thread and air your griefs."

I was just following your statement.

I have no problems with Shakedown/OldSkool, but seems like several other posters do. No one called him names, some even offered him to keep their money. And you just shut down the thread.

If they were really thinking of replying to that thread then maybe they would have logged in recently.

"i find it is pretty questionable that the thread was closed"

If you feel that is an attack on you, then you are very sensitive. I didn't say it was "dumb, stupid, idiotic, or ignorant". I didn't accuse you of being unethical. I said "it is honourable to defend someone you trusted".

ALL I WAS ARGUING IS THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS/ISSUES WITH THIS GUY, SO THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO POST IT. Lots of people are in financial duress, not all of them take other peoples money without asking.

I made the mistake of using his name, and not the Nickname on the title. I will not post on this topic again and you can delete the thread if you wish.
    Last edited by cdubb; December 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM.
    Semi-retired

I...am your father.

The thread itself is cool. But that first sentence set me off. I'm sorry.

I...am your father.

And you just shut down the thread.

FYI, Brandon asked me to close the thread. He was going to reply, but then more accusations appeared at the end there so he just didn't bother. I agreed that nothing positive was gained with the thread open. So I closed it.

Anyone owed money can email me privately.

Any long-time member of this forum will get this kind of defense from me. And I think in the end everyone who knows this appreciates it.

Meanwhile, Jase, who is really not a known member of the community, is thoroughly offended. He innocently took over a league - to help - that's all I know about him. And we set on him like a bunch of old women in a gossipy book club.

I have personally see to it that four people have been refunded. Not bad for five hours work. Still working on this and sorting it all out.

I...am your father.

"i find it is pretty questionable that the thread was closed"

If you feel that is an attack on you, then you are very sensitive.
    I apologize cdubb.

I am being sensitive. Sorry. Rough night last night with the baby, and I've delayed my dinner while I sort this stuff out. I get cranky when I'm hungry.

You are correct - I read the rest of your post with red filters over my eyes because of that first line, but I was overly-sensitive to that first line. I felt I was right to close the thread.

And I would defend you just as profusely as I'm defending these guys, just to reiterate.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I apologize cdubb.

I am being sensitive. Sorry. Rough night last night with the baby, and I've delayed my dinner while I sort this stuff out. I get cranky when I'm hungry.

You are correct - I read the rest of your post with red filters over my eyes because of that first line, but I was overly-sensitive to that first line. I felt I was right to close the thread.

And I would defend you just as profusely as I'm defending these guys, just to reiterate.
    Yes that is fine. Again you can delete the post, change the title or whatever you want. I've had trouble with my personal things getting stolen from work twice last week so I may be paranoid.

Note: I have tried to change the name of the thread title but it only changed the title of my first post. I have removed individual names from all posts.
    Last edited by cdubb; December 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Icon

Respect for the way you are handling this dobber.

Well Ive never been in any of Shakes leagues and have only known him to be a good guy on these forums, it is true at this point to the average viewer, he looks guilty. But alas Im the first to admit I on ly know whats been written.
    Thus posting on these threads is not going to solve the problem. Dobber has come out with a suggestion though. Give it a chance.

Email him if you have a beef.

Lets just move on guys.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm just curious to see if this thread turns out to be as big of a trainwreck as the previous one...
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post

Well Ive never been in any of Shakes leagues and have only known him to be a good guy on these forums, it is true at this point to the average viewer, he looks guilty. But alas Im the first to admit I on ly know whats been written.
    Thus posting on these threads is not going to solve the problem. Dobber has come out with a suggestion though. Give it a chance.

Lets just move on guys.
    Agreed. Climbing aboard these mob mentality witch hunts is seriously simple minded. I get your peeved and ego bruised and need to vent, but this chatty-cathy carrying on is for chicks.

Seek explanation, repayment whatever. But the nominal amout isn't worth this crap. Consider it a lesson learned and move on.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post

Lets just move on guys.
    Well said.

Dobber should be commended for trying to fix things here.

I think a standing warning "hey there have been issues with Joe Blow's pools" is not out of line when it is true (there have been issues, no arguing that) but now that there is a resolution process in place people should defer to that to resolve things.

Face it kids, Dobber isn't about disappear from Dobberhockey and if he is willing to step up on this matter based on his knowledge of what has happened then that should be enough for all of us for now.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril