Thread: "Stop 'Em Cold" Fantasy Goalie Guide

The King of Diatribes

Default "Stop 'Em Cold" Fantasy Goalie Guide

Hey everyone,

Dobber and I are very excited to announce that the first-annual "Stop 'Em Cold" Fantasy Goalie Guide is now available. You can purchase it here for only $6.99:

http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersp...lie-guide.html

I went through this thing from top to bottom last night, and it's a beauty. Over 100 pages stuffed to the seams with not only Dobber's political landscape on every NHL team's goalie depth chart, but then I went and profiled every single fantasy-relevant goalie and dropped insights on their development path, their potential upside, strengths, weaknesses, and more.

We also created a handful of charts and rankings for you to stew over, including top-5 draft eligibles, potential busts, potential usurpers, top-50 keepers, and more!

If you click above, you can see a few screenshots of the product. I'm proud to have been a part of each fantasy and prospects guide Dobber has published since 2008, but to have taken this next step and created a "Goalie-Only" fantasy guide is super exciting.

The press release on the guide is here: http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...man&Itemid=100

If you see any errors or mistakes, please let us know. Any feedback is much-appreciated, and you can post it here. Thanks!! I'm sure Dobber will post updates to this guide like he does all of his other ones ... and if I think of any prospects that need to be profiled that I missed, I'll definitely add them.

Dobber Sports Pro

This looks absolutely great Justin, can't wait to get my copy!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Awesome read! I thoroughly enjoyed it Justin and have already made a couple of changes based on what I've read.
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I love it! Cheap at twice the price in my mind. I think the no nonsense presentation and the incredible depth of content sets the industry standard for fantasy hockey guides of any kind - let alone just for goalies.

Very pleased with my purchase today. Thanks and kudos, Goldie and Dobber.

Administrator

Purchased it yesterday and loved it. I like the fact that there are a couple new measuring sticks to evaluate goalies and that starter potential and arrival time, the two most important factors for fantasy purposes IMO, are finally emphasized.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I love it! Cheap at twice the price in my mind. I think the no nonsense presentation and the incredible depth of content sets the industry standard for fantasy hockey guides of any kind - let alone just for goalies.

Very pleased with my purchase today. Thanks and kudos, Goldie and Dobber.
    These last two quotes are beauties, thanks guys! I would slap these quotes on the back of a hardcover...if this guide was sold as a hardcover
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

I just bought it as well. Just did a quick skim, but it looks fantastic. Keep up the great work Dobber and Justin!
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

The King of Diatribes

Glad to hear you guys like it so far!! I worked very hard to stay away from ambiguity with the scouting reports. It's not always easy when you try and individualize 125-plus goalies ... especially all the ones that have "good size and speed" combinations ... so I am hoping that aspect of the guide is solid. I think it's definitely a great product to add to Dobber's growing library of guides, and I'm very happy to be a part of it, and to do it annually!

Even if the lockout drags on, it's a great resource so you can keep up to date on all of the prospects out there. Now more than ever, these guys are capable of exploding at any given moment.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nice job. Just finished reading it.
    not sure if i missed it but pretty sure there was nothing on
    Jake Patterson

The King of Diatribes

Do you mean Jake Paterson the Red Wings prospect, or Jake Patterson the goalie for the London Knights? We can add some goalies and do an update for sometime in January.

Dobber Sports Icon

Great work Justin

The King of Diatribes

Thanks Sparrow!

Just an FYI I chatted with Dobber today. We'll be doing at least one update before the season begins obviously. But just wanted to make sure you guys saw this and had a chance to buy your guide as early as possible.

I am so glad Dobber and I did this now --- it's a huge opportunity to get an edge on the competition!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Got the guide and it's awesome! One tiny question, though. Where's Elliott on your top 50 list on page 5, Justin?
    GO WINGS!