Thread: Bachelor party in MTL ... need some recommendations

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Bachelor party in MTL ... need some recommendations

Hey fellas,

Ive got a buddy's bachelor party coming up in MTL next weekend and I wanted to see if I could get some suggestions and recommendations from the forums in the following three categories:

1) Bar/drinking establishment
    2) Restaurant - good food but not crazy expensive as some of the guys coming are not exactly rolling in loot
    3) Strip Club - Ive been to supersex before but I heard it sucks now and I have also heard Chez Paris is good.

Any input would be appreciated in any of the three categories. Ill hand out some rep where I can.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Hey fellas,

Ive got a buddy's bachelor party coming up in MTL next weekend and I wanted to see if I could get some suggestions and recommendations from the forums in the following three categories:

1) Bar/drinking establishment
    2) Restaurant - good food but not crazy expensive as some of the guys coming are not exactly rolling in loot
    3) Strip Club - Ive been to supersex before but I heard it sucks now and I have also heard Chez Paris is good.

Any input would be appreciated in any of the three categories. Ill hand out some rep where I can.
    3) Solid gold. Corner St-Laurent and Cremazie. You HAVE to go there. I'll get back at you about #1-2 this afternoon.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bar/Drinking establishment - Macleans or Brutopia. The former is a bar with televisions showing sports games which is famous for its tables which allow you to have your own tap (basically serve your own beer) and pay once you're done with it as well as the option to buy large beer towers if you prefer. The latter is famous for its special in-house brews. Brutopia has an incredible variety of beer flavors to sample like (Raspberry Blonde, Black Jesus etc...). There are mainstays on the menu while others are seasonal. Both places serve pretty good food as well (i'm a big fan of the nachos at macleans).

As for Restaurant, you have to try Rub's Smokehouse. Relatively new (opened this year I believe) and already notorious for serving up the best smokehouse fare around (Ribs, Pulled Pork, Smoked Chicken, Smoked Brisket, etc...) instead of bread, they serve cups of spicy bacon cubes along with your meal. They serve beer and interesting mixed drinks (like the "mexican bulldog" which is a beer inverted and suspended into a mixed drink). Main dishes are very reasonable for a downtown resto (15$ and less) and come with two sides (great sides like smoked mac n cheese, sweet potato fries etc...)

Can't help with the strip club component (I'm 19 and don't frequent any)

Hope this helps
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    Bar/Drinking establishment - Macleans or Brutopia. The former is a bar with televisions showing sports games which is famous for its tables which allow you to have your own tap (basically serve your own beer) and pay once you're done with it as well as the option to buy large beer towers if you prefer. The latter is famous for its special in-house brews. Brutopia has an incredible variety of beer flavors to sample like (Raspberry Blonde, Black Jesus etc...). There are mainstays on the menu while others are seasonal. Both places serve pretty good food as well (i'm a big fan of the nachos at macleans).

As for Restaurant, you have to try Rub's Smokehouse. Relatively new (opened this year I believe) and already notorious for serving up the best smokehouse fare around (Ribs, Pulled Pork, Smoked Chicken, Smoked Brisket, etc...) instead of bread, they serve cups of spicy bacon cubes along with your meal. They serve beer and interesting mixed drinks (like the "mexican bulldog" which is a beer inverted and suspended into a mixed drink). Main dishes are very reasonable for a downtown resto (15$ and less) and come with two sides (great sides like smoked mac n cheese, sweet potato fries etc...)

Can't help with the strip club component (I'm 19 and don't frequent any)

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    3) Solid gold. Corner St-Laurent and Cremazie. You HAVE to go there. I'll get back at you about #1-2 this afternoon.
    Thanks fellas .... sent you both some rep for the help. Bnhershy that Rub';s smokehouse sounds great!

Dobber Sports Padawan

no problem!

and oh god is it good :P
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    no problem!

and oh god is it good :P
    I second that!

Good suggestions Bnhershy!

If I may add, in terms of drinking areas, Downtown Montreal has a bunch of Irish Pubs and most of them are great. Irish Embassy or McGibbins (both on Bishop Street) are awesome for being loud, watching a game (sadly not hockey this year) and just having some fun! Drinks are not uber expensive either ($5-7 per pint and 2 for 1's during happy hour on select beers).

For restaurants, all depending on how you guys come out of the bar, I would suggest Mbrgr (where you can feast on high quality junk food and make your own burgers). It's not cheap, but you can be loud and get some drinks as well. Make sure you reserve a day or 2 before though. It's on De la Montagne Street; 3 blocks away from the pubs. (There is a great Pub on that street as well called Ye Old Orchad)

Lastly, Solid Gold is SOLID as mentioned previously. You can also try Wanda's on De La Montagne as well. Paré is great too, but it is more of a Gentleman's club. If you are looking for a thrashy place, Sin City on the corner of Ste-Catherine and Drummond will do… I don’t recommend it though 

If you have a chance, you can also go to the Old Port for great food and drinks (try Méchant Boeuf; it's a great place for groups). Only downside is you will have to cab it back to downtown as there are no strip clubs around.

Enjoy!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Expert

Great idea with Macleans. I had never heard of Brutopia before, I might try it. I have no idea how you are going to move in Montreal, are you going to have a designate driver? Taxi?

If the stripper part is essential to your bachelor, I absolutely oblige you to go to Solid Gold. Hands down the best place in MTL, but the thing is that it's about a 15 min drive from downtown Montreal.

What I would suggest is that you go to an early dinner (around 6-7pm) at Le Fumoir Rubs (excellent suggestion, I have been there and I was blown away), then you head out for Crescent street. I chose Crescent because it's in a ''English'' part of downtown Montreal and I'm guessing you're not french (but not speaking french isn't much a problem in MTL anyway). There is a ton of bars/clubs on that street that you could just spend most of your night changing from place to place.

And then, when you feel like it's time for some lapdances (20$/song...) for your friend, direct yourself towards Solid Gold. I'm not sure if they take reservations, but maybe you should think about it if you're going to be a big group of people. Same thing goes for the restaurant, it's in a very popular part of MTL so you should absolutely take a reservation.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Guru

sweet thanks again guys ..... yes we are speaking english ..... my french is pathetic considering I took it for like 10 years in school ..... we will be cabbing and walking around, everyone is either flying in or taking the train so we dont have any of our own cars.

Administrator

I lived there for 2 months. I don't remember the names of the places I went to but I know the parking situation in the city is less than ideal. So good on you guys for using alternative transportation methods.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

As others have suggested, Solid Gold is probably the best in Montreal.

Kamasutra isn't bad either, but it's pretty small. GSP goes there often.

Dobber Sports Genius

Remember to bring breathmints, change for tipping, cigars and most important - condoms.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Immortal

Aside from the already mentioned Solid Gold (yes it is the best)...I had a wicked night at a club called Candy Bar when I was there for a bachelor party a couple of summers ago.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I lived there for 2 months. I don't remember the names of the places I went to but I know the parking situation in the city is less than ideal. So good on you guys for using alternative transportation methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    As others have suggested, Solid Gold is probably the best in Montreal.

Kamasutra isn't bad either, but it's pretty small. GSP goes there often.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Remember to bring breathmints, change for tipping, cigars and most important - condoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Aside from the already mentioned Solid Gold (yes it is the best)...I had a wicked night at a club called Candy Bar when I was there for a bachelor party a couple of summers ago.
    thanks fellas ..... Solid Gold is most definitely on the hit list .... keep the suggestions coming .......