Thread: Best 6 in a roto

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Best 6 in a roto

I had a chance to do a bunch of baseball research lately; and I'm looking for some clearer heads to keep me headed the right direction in my offseason prep. basic roto keepers for sure:
    Desmond
    McCutchen
    Granderson
    Felix
    Then I get 2 of Jordan Zimmerman, Hosmer, BJ, or B Anderson. Would prefer not to have 3 OF or 3 SP. Leaves me with Hosmer and ? Is BJ in Atl any better than the TB version? Players changing leagues and signing long term deals generally haven't done well year 1. Am I selling BJ short? Is Anderson a future stud the next half decade? any thoughts for which 2? thanks guys

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think over the 2 bats you've mentionedc you gotta take the chance at the potentially huge upside of hosmer over upton. Hosmer had a terrible softmore season yes but he was unlucky a lot just not hitting through the holes. But at such a young age he can do so much where as BJ just hasn't really shown it at all in his career. At times yes but I would definetly take the chance on hosmer there. In the case of the 2 pitchers it's really close but I think I give the slight edge to Zimmerman. I think he plays on a better team and he has improved his last few seasons. Anderson could become the ace of that staff but with some injury problems last year and the fact that I'm not sure I could see the As doing what they did again I'd go for zimm. He should give you 200 good innings a year. Plus with the youth of him, straus and gio working together who knows how good the 3 of them could get.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with Hosmer over Upton. BJ's career batting average is around .250, his homer average per year is about 20, and he's been very inconsistent. Hosmer, though still raw, has the potential to hit .300, 30 homers, 100 rbi and even steal a dozen or so bases.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Zimmerman is a easy lock.
    The other 3 are close, and all carry risk.

I would go Hosmer myself.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by HOOTIE View Post
    Zimmerman is a easy lock.
    The other 3 are close, and all carry risk.

I would go Hosmer myself.
    I agree, Hosmer and Zimmermann are the way to go.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Zimm didn't finish real well & Anderson looked great and I think will be great; maybe he's best left for the draft