thanks justin.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for this Justin, it's really appreciated.

1. Behind Elliot and Halak, who is the future of St. Louis's goaltending? I'm losing confidence in Allen but am gaining it in Binnington. Or is it someone else?...

2. Magnus Hellburg. Future star? Future starter? Future 1A? Future back up?...

3. Detroit. Who's the future there?

Thanks in advance.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi Justin, do you see Varlamov becoming a top 5 or 6 goalie in the next few years? I believed a goalie need to go through some struggles before elevating to another level, something like Varly went through last year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Michael Leighton is signed for this season only. I picked him up off the waiver wire and wonder if the NHL season does go at some point this year, is he worth keeping or if he gets a few starts and plays well should I look to trade him?

I guess what I'm asking is, do you think Philly will extend his contract ( if he plays well ) and will he get many starts behind Bryz next season assuming he re-signs?

If he becomes a UFA, do you see someone else signing him ( I would assume as a backup )?

Is he fantasy-worthy now & in the future?
    Thanks
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey Justin,

Which prospects does the lockout help the most? If the season starts this year? If its cancelled entirely?
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

The King of Diatribes

Hey quick update on DiPietro:

@ehornick 8:22pm via tweetymail --- DiPietro did not dress again in Riessersee game -- did not dress for any gm this month. #isles #lockout

Time to hang 'em up, DiPi. Can't say you didn't try to recover.

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Thanks for this Justin, it's really appreciated.

1. Behind Elliot and Halak, who is the future of St. Louis's goaltending? I'm losing confidence in Allen but am gaining it in Binnington. Or is it someone else?...

2. Magnus Hellburg. Future star? Future starter? Future 1A? Future back up?...

3. Detroit. Who's the future there?

Thanks in advance.
    1. Allen will get the opportunities as he has been because he was drafted very high. Has good size, but he needs to learn how to use it better, and he needs to improve his consistency and mental toughness. Bad stats this season isn't a direct reflection of his play ... Peoria has tons of injuries ... but he's not where I expected him to be right now. I really like where Binnington is at in his development right now, and he's tearing it up in Owen Sound, and possibly has a chance to be the #3 goali going with Team Canada for the Worlds. I like his style, too. Learn more about my thoughts on both prospects in the upcoming Fantasy Goalie Guide. Binnington could push but Allen has the "golden boy" status for the prospects in the system.

2. Way too early to tell. This is just the beginning of a very long process. I think he's at least a future 1A NHL goalie ... as long as he's working with Mitch Korn, he'll eventually be another Lindback. But it's still extremely early in the process...in fact he just went from AHL to the ECHL to get more playing time.

3. Petr Mrazek for sure. But maybe we'll see Gustavsson blossom into the true 1A goalie I think he can be now that he's away from the diseased Leafs organization. But Mrazek is clearly the future goalie there now. He is a beast.

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by scimo View Post
    Hi Justin, do you see Varlamov becoming a top 5 or 6 goalie in the next few years? I believed a goalie need to go through some struggles before elevating to another level, something like Varly went through last year.
    Yeah he absolutely can be, he just needs a more consistent defensive effort in front of him. The Avs are a very young team that is not really well-coached, but they are starting to get a little more consistent. Their inability to play a full 60-minute game on most nights is unbearable to watch...and I've seen it plague the organization since the lockout ended.

The team also really relies on their goaltender, so I think Varlamov could be a total fantasy stud over the next two seasons, facing a lot of shots, playing a lot of games, and having a very good save percentage. Nobody is going to threaten his throne for at least 3-4 seasons...Giguere is an unreal mentor/backup, but you have the two rookies in the AHL that will need at least three seasons down there to be at any point where they could even become close to challenging Varlamov. He is in a very good spot right now, and it looks like he has put the groin issues well behind him.

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Michael Leighton is signed for this season only. I picked him up off the waiver wire and wonder if the NHL season does go at some point this year, is he worth keeping or if he gets a few starts and plays well should I look to trade him?

I guess what I'm asking is, do you think Philly will extend his contract ( if he plays well ) and will he get many starts behind Bryz next season assuming he re-signs?

If he becomes a UFA, do you see someone else signing him ( I would assume as a backup )?

Is he fantasy-worthy now & in the future?
    Thanks
    He's only worth keeping if there's a condensed schedule. Bryzgalov will probably be terrible for most of a small season, but Leighton could stand in there and win some games as a backup. Otherwise you're looking at an UFA that would only be signed to a two-way NHL deal as a starter in the AHL to act as a depth guy and to mentor a younger guy.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey Justin, really appreciate you taking time out of your hectic schedule to do this.

I'm in a deep dynasty league and have five goalie prospects and was curious what you make of each of them long term. Actually, four, Eddie Lack is one of the five but he's far less of a mystery in terms of his skills. I think I've got a future stud and paid as such to get him.

The ones I'm looking for your input on are Dustin Tokarski, John Gibson, Brandon Whitney, and Chris Driedger. We have deep farms and my team is not set up to win now, so I feel I have the luxury of waiting for them to develop.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by TheRook View Post
    Hey Justin,

Which prospects does the lockout help the most? If the season starts this year? If its cancelled entirely?
    Guys like Martin Jones, Alex Stalock, Dustin Tokarski, Eddie Lack, Robin Lehner. Any goalie that is fringe NHL backup that needed another year in the AHL to hone their skills and learn mental patience in terms of trusting the development process. Same goes for legit NHL prospects like Holtby, Markstrom, etc. Those guys expect to be in the NHL and may lack the focus in the AHL, but because there's a lockout, they're forced to play at their best in the AHL. So it's a really good situation for all those legit #3 guys.....it's even better for legit #3 goalies that are behind older veteran #2 goalies (Tokarski behind Garon, Markstrom behind Clemmensen/Theodore), etc.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Thomas in 2014, Vasilevki, Lehner

Where do you see Timmy Thomas starting next season? I traded for him last season and am now left with only two starting goalies which is deadly in this league. I still have Miller and Lundy and drafted Martin Biron so I would always have the Rangers starter but don't think that's enough to compete. Should I shop around for another goalie or just go with Lundy, Biron and Miller?

Is Andre Vasilevski the real deal? I traded my 1st round pick next season to move up in the draft so I could get him. His 2012 WJC performance was ridiculous and I've read that the Lightning see him as their goalie of the future. Maybe in another 4-5 years. Is that realistic?

Robin Lehner. When do you see him taking over in Ottawa? Is he going to be a top 5 goalie down the road?

Thanks for your help. Much respect.
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hi Justin,

I want your thought on John Gibson. Everybody talk about Subban in OHL but not a lot of talk about Gibson.

Regarding Mrazek you seems to be very high on him. Will you consider him in your top 10 prospect next month?

Thanks!
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another one Justin..your thougth on Greiss?

Thanks!
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks Justin.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO