Halak, Jaroslav G - STL Active 46
    Luongo, Roberto G - VAN Active 55

Nabokov, Evgeni G - NYI Reserve 42
    Theodore, Jose G - FLA Reserve 53

Dubnyk, Devan G - EDM Minors 47
    Roy, Olivier G - EDM Minors 0

Totals 243

this is a teams goalies in our leauge.
    im wondering if there is a way to find out how many games played could have been played.
    our league has 2 goalie spots per day X 82 max =164 games max.
    only two can be put in on each night, so with the overlap of goalies playing on one night ,(saturdays) is there a way to find out how many games played an active manager could have started.
    weve had some discussions on this in our league- some would like to make 3 starting goalies with 164 games max and some managers feel that each team (if managed properly) can get their max games played.
    thanks for any info.
    Last edited by kevinsrangers; November 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The league I'm in has 90 games per slot, with 2 starting slots.

I don't know that anyone ever actually hits 90, or comes close (like 82).
    Last season, 9 goalies started 65+ games (10 if you want to include Fleury's 64 starts).

So your 2nd starter may get 50-55 games. With 55 and 65, you've used 120/164 starts, leaving you with 44 more. If you carry 4 total goalies, you'd hit the 82 game mark if you never had any conflicts, which is highly unlikely lol.

[edit] and now I see it's a 10 team league (if it's the one in your sig). I guess higher chances of hitting the 82 mark...
    In my personal opinion, I'd stick with 2 goalie slots since you have 4C/LW/RW and 6D, like a real team.

And for finding out how many games a manager COULD have had started... would have to compare all goalies on a team based on full season schedule. Not easy lol.
    Last edited by holdUP; November 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    im wondering if there is a way to find out how many games played could have been played.
    Using that assumption that each goalie started all of their team's games? Or based on the starts you provided above?
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Giant

the team above is just an example team in our league. i actually dont need the numbers. id like to be able to find a place to get the numbers myself, for next season or for just predicting for teams who think it impossible to get enough starts.
    anyone can use a move to get an extra goalie anyways, but ussually prefer to take skaters.
    it is for the league in my sig.the assumption would be to use only the actual amount of starts each goalie made/not assuming a goalie started all their team games.
    aslo on a side note: if a goalie comes in late for any amount of minutes, for any reason it will still count as a game played.

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

Dobber Sports Pro

the team above is just an example team in our league. i actually dont need the numbers. id like to be able to find a place to get the numbers myself, for next season or for just predicting for teams who think it impossible to get enough starts.
    anyone can use a move to get an extra goalie anyways, but ussually prefer to take skaters.
    it is for the league in my sig.the assumption would be to use only the actual amount of starts each goalie made/not assuming a goalie started all their team games.
    aslo on a side note: if a goalie comes in late for any amount of minutes, for any reason it will still count as a game played.
    Aside from doing it manually, I'm not aware of how to determine it. Sorry.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

KevinsRangers - I am not aware of any tool that will give you what you are looking for here, but if you are pretty good with spreadsheets, I don't think it would be all that difficult to set something up.

In Yahoo for instance, each player's game log for the year can be found, which for goalies will indicate the nights they actually played (hence would log a gamed played regardless of minutes. Could be done with a bunch of cut and paste then a simple sum for each nights starts and you would be able to see the maximum games your goalies would have played for the season.

I think in a 10 team league where goalies aren't hoarded, it is likely that each team can make max games if they manage it that way. However, because your league has a fairly large bench I think there could be some teams carrying 5 goalies which would make it a challenge.
    Last edited by Shoeless; November 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I found the question interesting so decided to some spreadsheet work and the answer is 212 GP with those goalies. I was a bit surprised that there wasn't that much overlap 31/243 ~ 13% even with 5 starting goalies. Send a PM or something if you want the spreadsheet.

Dobber Sports Giant

thanks for the replys guys. i may have to learn more about spread sheets to get a grasp of this.

The Wolverine

weve had some discussions on this in our league- some would like to make 3 starting goalies with 164 games max and some managers feel that each team (if managed properly) can get their max games played.
    thanks for any info.
    Just curious - is this possible to do for goalies only? In Yahoo, you can change the max games but it applies for skaters as well. Furthermore, 164/3 doesn't give a whole number, as max games applies to each positional slot. Is that what is intended? Unless you're using a different provider which has more flexibility?

Dobber Sports Giant

fantrax does give you the option to seperate max games for skaters and goalies.