Thread: Qb decision

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Qb decision

My playoffs start this week. I have to choose between manning vs tb and rg3 vs dal. Turnovers are worth minus 2 points in this league. Who would you guys start?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's RGIII vs. NYG this week.

I don't think you can make a wrong decision here. RGIII is obviously the upside play, as Manning won't get you 35+ points. It's worth noting, though, that TB has the league's best rushing defense, and with Knowshon Moreno getting carries, it pretty much means Manning is going to have to throw to move the ball and score. I'm not even sure if Denver has anything like a short yardage running back, so Manning might throw an extra TD or two in goal line situations.

For playoffs, I think I'd lean towards Manning - slightly more consistent performance (RGII had that bad spell vs. PIT and CAR), and the Giants defense looked completely different last week vs. Aaron Rodgers. Besides, the Bucs don't have much of a pass rush (bottom 5 in the league in sacks), meaning Manning should have tons of time all day to throw.

That all being said, if I were looking at my matchup and I had any inkling that I might need a huge day from my QB, I'd start RGIII.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    My playoffs start this week. I have to choose between manning vs tb and rg3 vs dal. Turnovers are worth minus 2 points in this league. Who would you guys start?
    Both QBs will be matched against defenses who are playing better.

Between the two, i'm rolling with RGIII. 158.3 QB rating in week 11 (32.4pts) and 132.6 in week 12 (29.3pts) with 8TDs and 1 INT in the past two games. He's the hotter of the two and is a threat to use his legs. Manning is coming off of 20.8 and 17.5pts

On the season, Manning is averaging 19.8 pts a game. RG is averaging 23.1 pts. Out of 11 games, Manning has had 24 pts or more 3 times and has never reached 30pts with 25.4 being his high water mark. RG has had 24 pts or more 6 times out of 11 games with 3 of thise being 30pts or more. He just missed having 4 of the 6 being 30pts or more with a 29.3pt game. His high mark has been 35.1pts. You can't bench that. IMO, Mannings match up isn't really that much better. Both of your QBs have home games.

The interesting about RGIIIs matchup is that he plays Monday Night a week after Cam goes off. Both players were compared to one another. RG didn't seem to like the comparison. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go off and try to show up Cam's 37pt performance.

Lastly, between these two, I think Manning is more pick prone. And R. Barber just had one last week. He is every bit as crafty at CB as Manning is at QB.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by One87; November 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like RGIII as well. He was great in his first outing vs the Giants and Im sure the Skins aren't too happy about how that one ended. Plus after seeing what RGIII did in his first Thursday game...can't wait to see him on MNF.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

RG3 because he can offer you passing and rushing points, TD's. Up until last week Manning had been struggling. Not saying he will this week, but if its me I am playing RG3. Good luck!

Dobber Sports Genius

one more vote here for RG3.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for all the great/thorough responses guys. Much appreciated..REP all around ( ijust figured out how to do this)
    Last edited by TheWhale; November 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM.