Thread: Red Sox could trade Bailey or Lester

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Red Sox could trade Bailey or Lester

The team has received an offer where they would get Royals top prospect Wil Myers in a deal for Jon Lester, should they choose to accept it. Nothing is close though, but its something to keep an eye on.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...rs_for_lester/

Buster Olney of ESPN speculates that Andrew Bailey could potentially be available as well.

"Rival teams say that Red Sox open to dealing Andrew Bailey--but because his value is currently low, odds of them trading him are pretty low."
    Last edited by dmvincent; November 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm a big fan of Jon Lester's, despite his poor performance last year. Sick player.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No chance that trade goes down imo. I think its all talk at this point. The Sox like Lester and still believe in him and they are looking to improve their pitching as it is, so trading one for nothing in return doesn't make much sense to their needs. I personally think that having a guy like Beckett around was affecting him negatively and having gone with a fresh start should help Lester.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Myers alone is not enough for Lester. I don't think the Royals will pitch in much else, so it won't happen. Maybe something like Myers and Francoeur? But the Sox don't need an OF that badly.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Deity

I wonder if this is just another attempt at clearing out the beer drinkin, chicken wing eatin slobs in the clubhouse. Either way, Lester is still one of the top pitchers in the game IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wonder if this is just another attempt at clearing out the beer drinkin, chicken wing eatin slobs in the clubhouse. Either way, Lester is still one of the top pitchers in the game IMO.
    I understand that point BUT they can't afford to shred their rotation because of it. Lester's proven before to be capable of putting up top level numbers. They can't give that up for a single prospect catcher.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne