Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Homeland

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I liked the ending, to be honest. One of the few legitimate "outs" the writers gave themselves.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I liked the ending, to be honest. One of the few legitimate "outs" the writers gave themselves.
    Yeah, it's a great job by the writers. I already foresee Season 3 with Carrie trying to clean Brody's name with the CIA,his family etc.. with her also catching some heat for leaving before the bomb explods! (spoiler alert)
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Agreed. What a way to end the season and reignite my interest in the show. The Saul and Carrie scene midway through was freaking heartbreaking. And the big.....twist.....for lack of better words. Wow.

Unfortunately that reignited interest is going to go down the tubes if it just becomes about the love between Brody and Carrie......

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I've heard a theory that Brody might still be playing everyone and still has a master plan to execute. Seems a bit far-fetched but it's also the only way that this show could possibly rescue this season because the way they've turned this into a love story that no one cares about has been completely exhausting.
    The finale made me feel like the smartest and dumbest ****ing person ever. On one hand, the theory is still in play! Which is awesome. I'm really glad that they had more for us than Abu Nazir's initially pathetic end. He was built up as far too devious a mastermind to go out in such a lame way. I was really satisfied by the ending.

On the other hand, I still don't buy the whole love affair between Carrie and Brody or maybe I just find it nauseating so the first half of last night's episode continued to exhaust me. Even after the big twist at the end having to deal with their interplay was exhausting.

The big thing that I like is the possibility of expanding the universe. It got really claustrophobic dealing with the Brody family nonsense week after week. Now there is a lot more room for new characters and new directions. Brody is still going to be back in one capacity or another but it's clear that it is time for the story is going to have a chance to move on.

Nothing frightened me more than the sense that we could be heading towards an entire season of Carrie and Brody on the run. I'd have dropped the show entirely if that was the case.

But I mean, it's hard to be too hard on a show that gives us Saul. Saul was the absolute bomb last night, no pun intended. Can season three just be about him ripping people apart with his words?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Legend

Incredible show, I'm going to miss not watching it. Brody is going to lay low - I wouldn't be surprised if his character is reduced to a secondary role for most of season 3. Carrie will venture abroad put her nose to the ground, trying to uncover the mole.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Incredible show, I'm going to miss not watching it. Brody is going to lay low - I wouldn't be surprised if his character is reduced to a secondary role for most of season 3. Carrie will venture abroad put her nose to the ground, trying to uncover the mole.
    I feel like Saul's wife or whatever has a bigger role coming in the grand scheme of things. She could potentially be the mole and is coming back to the US now that Roya and Abu Nazir are out of the picture.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I feel like Saul's wife or whatever has a bigger role coming in the grand scheme of things. She could potentially be the mole and is coming back to the US now that Roya and Abu Nazir are out of the picture.
    Could be. Speaking of Saul, Mandy Patinkin is absolutely incredible at his craft.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Agree with most people, season 1 was great, season 2 was just good.

Not a bad finale though. I think Brody will still have a large role in the show going forward.

Interesting theory about Saul's wife playing a role..........

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am just finishing up season 1 right now. Is there anywhere to watch season 2 online? Unreal show

Dobber Sports Wizard

try fastpasstv

The Sockshare and Putlocker links are usually the best.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Cool, Thanks!