Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: 2012 draft re-done...

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Novice

    Default 2012 draft re-done...

    Hi all,


    If the NHL had to redo the 2012 draft today how do you think the first round picks would look like?

    Just curious as am in a keepers league and our draft is this weekend.

    thanx!
    HOCKEY POOL STARS
    THE WAHOO INDIANS
    THORNTON,HOSSA,SHATTENKIRK,HUDLER,
    PACIORETTY,MOULSON,SUBBAN,
    BRUNNER,RIBIERO,WEISS,
    WHEELER,,FLEISCHMAN,,ENNIS,FROLIK.J.TOEWS,

    FARM TEAM:
    MORIN,S.COLLBERGR.STROME,HORAK,SKINNER
    ,JOE MORROW,E.KARLSSON,DREW SHORE

  2. #2
    gainerama's Avatar
    gainerama is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,135
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Rep Power
    116

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default

    Since not a single one of them has played because of the lock out, probably exactly the same as before. Can't really make this analysis for another couple years.
    12 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 83.9mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

    Forwards: Desharnais, Duchene, Filppula, Kessel, Moulson, Monahan, Semin, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, M.Johansson, J.Neal, Tlusty
    Defense: Cowen, Gardiner, K.Russell, Franson, Smid, MacDonald
    Goalie: Rask, Crawford
    Reserves: Greening, Holden, M.Weber, A.Benoit, Kucherov, Pavelec, Berra
    Prospects: Bouma, Etem, Laughton, H.Lindholm, Murphy, Rielly, Grubauer, M.Jones
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 Champion

  3. #3
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Since not a single one of them has played because of the lock out, probably exactly the same as before. Can't really make this analysis for another couple years.
    For the most part it would remain the same but I do wonder if the same trend would take place regarding dmen being selected left and right.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  4. #4
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Rep Power
    38

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Way too early to even talk about a re-draft. There's only been roughly 25 games played in most leagues, and a total of 0 in the NHL. Re-drafting is pointless for at least a couple years.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) +/- (5) PPG (15) SHG (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) Use actual NHL salary

    F: Malkin, Tavares, P. Kane, Neal, Nash, Okposo, Moulson, Ott, Whitney, Iginla, Pouliot, Garbutt, M. Martin, Stajan, Raffl, Klinkhammer, Clune

    D: Green, Ekman-Larsson, Bogosian, Gudas, Stone, Oduya, Ranger

    G: Anderson, Lehner

    Farm: Grimaldi, Gaudreau, Hurley, Hartikainen, Stransky, Fast, Tarasov, Petrov, Kosov, Kujawinski, Maidens, Nurse, Ceci, Donovan, Ekholm, Thrower, Kichton, Borowiecki, Marchenko, Poulin, Nilsson, Andersen

  5. #5
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,260
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    39

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default

    I agree with FTD and will go further and say I dislike re-drafts in general

  6. #6
    yougo's Avatar
    yougo is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,360
    Location
    Montreal
    Rep Power
    13

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I agree with FTD and will go further and say I dislike re-drafts in general
    Totally agree BUT I'm pretty sure some teams are already shaking their heads for not taking Grigorenko. Yes I'm pointing at you Islanders,Ducks,Jets,Penguins,Wild,Lightning and Capitals.

    There is absolutely no valid reason why he felt at 12.
    twitter: @hugotwigg
    16 team dynasty. Daily starts. 6F 4D 1G
    F: RNH, Perry, Parise,St-Louis,Brown,Huberdeau,
    D: Doughty , Edler, Fowler,Kulikov
    G: Hiller,Crawford
    Reserves:Lecavalier,,Weiss,E.Johnson,J.Williams
    Prospects: R.Pulock, D. Brunner, C.Eakin, J. Merrill,


    12 team H2H, keep 17 + all farm
    Daily starts 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G
    C- Sedin,Thornton,Kopitar,Couturier,
    LW- Benn,Sharp,Moulson, Baertschi,Tanguay.
    RW- Iginla,Hossa,Little,GallagherSaad,
    D-Weber,Yandle,Subban,Ehrhoff,J.Schultz,Barrie,Brodi n
    G- Price,Nabokov,Brodeur

  7. #7
    arctic_rogue's Avatar
    arctic_rogue is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    19

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Totally agree BUT I'm pretty sure some teams are already shaking their heads for not taking Grigorenko. Yes I'm pointing at you Islanders,Ducks,Jets,Penguins,Wild,Lightning and Capitals.

    There is absolutely no valid reason why he felt at 12.
    Absolutely. Fear of the underachieving is something that has dropped many a player in the draft.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

  8. #8
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Totally agree BUT I'm pretty sure some teams are already shaking their heads for not taking Grigorenko. Yes I'm pointing at you Islanders,Ducks,Jets,Penguins,Wild,Lightning and Capitals.

    There is absolutely no valid reason why he felt at 12.
    This is what I was thinking as I read the first couple posts. Going a little farther down the draft, I know the Blackhawks are very happy with TT at #18. Subban has been excellent too.
    Formerly pts9889

    Salary Cap/Dynasty
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%
    C- Tavares, Getzlaf, Backstrom, Duchene, Ribiero,
    RW- Gaborik, Perry, Downie, Nyquist, Burns
    LW- Eriksson, Moulson, Huberdeau, Silfverberg, Johansson
    D- Karlsson, Phaneuf, Enstrom, Gardiner, Voynov, Hedman, JJohnson, Ellis
    G- Luongo, Dubnyk, Hiller, Pavelec, Fasth

    Farm- Grigorenko, Nichushkin, Kucherov, Zucker, Trouba, Bjugstad, Teräväinen, Lack, Jaskin

  9. #9
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,886
    Rep Power
    64

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Totally agree BUT I'm pretty sure some teams are already shaking their heads for not taking Grigorenko. Yes I'm pointing at you Islanders,Ducks,Jets,Penguins,Wild,Lightning and Capitals.

    There is absolutely no valid reason why he felt at 12.
    I can guarantee that you are wrong here. Teams wouldn't regret a pick until at least 3-4 years down the line. Especially when it comes to Grigorenko.

  10. #10
    DuklaNation's Avatar
    DuklaNation is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,267
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    I thought no way Grigorenko falls below 8th overall yet it happened. The Russian factor and effort issues may have played a part, or maybe it was just a run on dmen. Some teams are regretting it now.

  11. #11
    Carcillo's Avatar
    Carcillo is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,302
    Rep Power
    66

    Dobber Sports Master

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Totally agree BUT I'm pretty sure some teams are already shaking their heads for not taking Grigorenko. Yes I'm pointing at you Islanders,Ducks,Jets,Penguins,Wild,Lightning and Capitals.

    There is absolutely no valid reason why he felt at 12.
    Penguins are still perfectly happy with Pouliot.

    Can't see why Isles, Ducks, Jets or Wild would be shaking their heads for not taking Grigorenko either.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

    24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

    C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier, Shaw, Desharnais
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Killorn, Ennis
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels
    D-
    Bogosian, JJ, Cowen, Muzzin, Irwin, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

    F: Wennberg,
    Jensen, McNeill, Fast, Leivo, Knight, O'Dell, Archibald, Arnold, Guptill, Dalpe, Moser, Rinaldo
    D: Schultz, Gelinas, Bortuzzo, Gryba, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns
    G: Berra, Talbot, Mazanec, Brossoit, Ullmark

  12. #12
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    11,886
    Rep Power
    64

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    If somebody is regretting their pick right now, they shouldn't be working in the NHL.

  13. #13
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,260
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    39

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default

    No one is publicly going to regret their pick right now (or ever), but odds are they have definitely thought about it.

  14. #14
    Axeman33's Avatar
    Axeman33 is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,517
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    88

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default

    Most expected Grigorenko to slide, it was Forsberg that was the surprise slide.

    Lets wait 4-5 years before we determine who regrets what pick, if at all. Just because he's rippin up the Q, that means little. Teams didnt pass on him because of his lack of scoring. Everyone already knew he could score. Alexandre Daigle could score too.

    NHL teams dont draft like fantasy hockey teams draft, keep that in mind too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, Couture, Wheeler, Filpulla, Eriksson, Hodgson, Turris, Steen, Letang, DRoy, Yakupov, Byfuglien, Baertschi, Zuccarello, Silfverberg, Boedker, JSchwartz, Killorn, Bonino, BNelson

    G-Rask, Halak, Schneider

  15. #15
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    NHL teams dont draft like fantasy hockey teams draft, keep that in mind too.
    Yeah NHL teams deal with people, we deal with digital assets.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •