Thread: someone has to have some pull

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default someone has to have some pull

Someone out here has to have some pull to get a vote by NHLPA players on whether they support the PA or not. With Hammy and Neuvy making comments, you wonder what and how many players share the same opinion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As I quietly predicted its come down to the hardcore-stick-it-to-Bettman-at-all-costs players against the hardcore-we're-gonna-win-this-one-again owners. Hamrlik has been through three lockouts, so has every right to complain. He is most definitely not the only player (along with Neuvirth) who feels this way.
    Credit to him for sticking by his comments.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm just days away, possibly only 14, from personally pulling the plug on this season. It's just pigheadedness at this point, on both sides. Regardless of when it comes back, I'm getting more and more likely to opt out.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    I'm just days away, possibly only 14, from personally pulling the plug on this season. It's just pigheadedness at this point, on both sides. Regardless of when it comes back, I'm getting more and more likely to opt out.
    Someone's been taking negotiation lessons from Bettman and the NHL on setting artificial deadlines... 14 days huh

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Someone's been taking negotiation lessons from Bettman and the NHL on setting artificial deadlines... 14 days huh
    Now you're getting it. How would they like it if we began using the same negotiating tactics they did? We want to be "made whole" too! Hey players, owners, you guys better give us some free exhibition games!
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Now you're getting it. How would they like it if we began using the same negotiating tactics they did? We want to be "made whole" too! Hey players, owners, you guys better give us some free exhibition games!
    Except that their bullshit deadlines (ie: empty threats) are not effective and neither are ours haha

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Except that their bullshit deadlines (ie: empty threats) are not effective and neither are ours haha
    How were they empty threats? So far when the league has put a deadline they've actually meant it.

"We need this offer accepted in 9 days so we can still 82 game season or we're cancelling games." - No deal so the league cancelled all of November games and then Winter Classic. Yeah doesn't sound like empty threat to me.
    Last edited by Carcillo; November 23, 2012 at 4:07 AM.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Giant

i've turned into a pessimist because of this lockout. not happy.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Pro

I think some games should be free, that was a great suggestion. It would be the best way to counter act the negative momentum caused by the lockout. Not likely to happen, but when the lockout ends, if the owners were smart they would share in the costs in putting on some free games for fan appreciation.

If only the world worked like my mind.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Genius

I would bet a large portion of the players and owners want to get this over with. They all lose so much the longer it goes on but the individuals with the least overall to lose on both the owners and players sides seem to be driving the ship.... into a reef.... of lost profits.

These are the ones who have already have made the big bucks so they wait until the weakest link can take no more. It's dirty and a poor promotion for the league on a whole since in the near future it will be seen as less stable.... That is surely a great way to grow a market.

I can understand where the owners may feel they are paying the "employees" too much. Fair enough. Fact is the teams that want to win bad enough and can afford to do so will pay what they need to so they can win at all costs, right? Winning is good for business.

Lockouts are bad for business and poor markets are bad for business. I do not doubt there are exceptional fans in every "non typical" hockey market. But teams need to have some legitimacy and many in the NHL seem to lack it.

I'm sure the failing markets have their hardcore fans, but I live in a thriving Canucks market and I cheer for the Flyers. Point being that hockey fans will find a legit team to cheer for even if they exist across the country. Many of the markets that seem to be dragging overall profits down are not in hockey hyped locations. I've never seen the passion in a Carolina, Tampa, Columbus crowd etc. so I won't presume there is no potential there, but I would bet the smart money that they are not the ideal places to make a hockey profit.

The NHL isn't as poor as I think they want us to believe, they just don't want to share among themselves without overall cuts so this may unfortunately last a while.

At this point I urge you all to get more involved with the game at your home town level. Play hockey, take your kids out to skate, visit your minor league team (yeah, it may be kind of shoddy) it's all good fun. F$%k the fat cats!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

gotta feel for Hamrlik, Selanne, Alfie,

Can't believe I actually watched a CFL game on the weekend, its pathetic.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My H2H league is just days away from its first lock out! HAaaaaaaaa I cant wait to add Bettman 2012-13 to the leagues cup! Haaaaaaaa

Ooooh I'm FN SNAPPING!
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013