Thread: Kyle Clifford

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Kyle Clifford

What do people think of his offensive potential? I have the chance of acquiring for what would amount to about a 3rd round pick in a 30 team dynasty league that counts hits, BS, takeaways, PP and PK TOI as well as the scoring stats. There is no limit to the amount of players that we have on our farm and any player under the age of 25 can stay on the farm.

Is this a move that might make sense or is Clifford nothing more than a 4th line guy? His playoff numbers from 2 seasons ago gives me hope that he has the potential to be something more but he did not show anything in 2011/12 and did not get back into the lineup after his early playoff injury.

Dobber Sports Pro

In a 30 team league with those categories, I'd definitely prefer having Clifford. Big Red has no quit in him, and has already made some progress with his skating(biggest thing going against him when he was drafted). Hes still got a ways to go before he'll be on a scoring line but I see him as a high quality, character player who plays on the 3rd line who will help you in PIMS and hits for sure. As time goes by I could see him producing as many points as a Derek Dorsett or Chris Neil for sure.

Dobber Sports Pro

Dorsett has good speed and can kill penalties. Neil has a good shot. Clifford, I just dont see him being much more than a garbage man. Decent 3rd liner but there are a lot of guys like that and King & Nolan have passed him already.

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is a 3rd rounder prospect pick in a 30 team league, correct? For a pick between 61st and 90th overall I'd much rather have Clifford. Even if he doesn't amount to anything in the NHL there's just as much likelihood that whoever you draft 74th isn't going to pan out either, except you'll have to wait another 6 years to find out. I say go for it.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm also going with Clifford. He's really a nice grinder type who can do a lot of different things well for you. It's a chance to get him at a low cost so why not?
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Giant

ive lost faith in his potential but he will get the periferials. at a 3rd round pick in a 30 team league i see some value there though.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd pass and take my chances with your 3rd round pick. As far as I'm concerned Clifford has little to no fantasy value,.... any 3rd round pick could be much more than that, not that he's bad in a deep league but he's hardly a make or break player
    Last edited by hockeymanG23; November 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar