Thread: Koivu for Henrique?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Koivu for Henrique?

Wouldn't min making a deal for Mikko Koivu was thinking of offering Henrique and a pick for him. What's everyone's thoughts?
    Who would you guys offer for Koivu My team is in my signature with scoring system Thanks!
    Team Cupper
    Fwds- Rantanen, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, Svechnikov, Debrincat, R.Thomas, B.Tkachuk, P.Dubois, S.Bennett, R.Strome, B.Nelson, C.Keller, A.Lafreniere, JVR, J.Farabee, A.Holtz, J.Toews, K.Yamamoto, K.Kapanen,
    Def - Makar, Fox, Power, Sanderson, Ty Smith, OEL
    Team- NYR,NJ, Cgy

8 Teams in league

Points, ppg,shg,gwg,ppa,sha
    Teams- Wins,otl,so
    Def get 2 points for goals
    Count- 12 fwds , 3Def, 2 Teams drop lowest 9
    Drop 4 each year.

Administrator

Koivu is definitely the guy to get here. I would do this with no hesitation.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Wolverine

Well, since you're thinking of offering then the more pertinent questions would be:

What does the other manager need?
    and
    How much does s/he value Koivu?

We could take stabs in the dark but until you know this information then you'd likely be making guesses on what could be worth offering. Though if you don't know how the manager values Koivu then at least focus on the first question.

That being said, in a vacuum I doubt Henrique and a pick would be enough.
    Last edited by horrorfan; November 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No flying chance in heck are you gonna be able to get Koivu for Henrique if the opposing manager knows what he/she is doing lol.

Odds are you're gonna have to offer up a guy around the same value as maybe Voracek. Even that might not be enough.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    No flying chance in heck are you gonna be able to get Koivu for Henrique if the opposing manager knows what he/she is doing lol.

Odds are you're gonna have to offer up a guy around the same value as maybe Voracek. Even that might not be enough.
    Voracek for Koivu seems fair in my eyes. But I'd rather keep Voracek here. I just don't like Koivu's proneness to injury (missed ~30% of career to injury).

If you move AH + a pick for MK then that would be a steal.

I think Voracek is going to bust out playing alongside Giroux. But , playing alongside Parise isin't a bad gig either.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Cupper66 View Post
    Wouldn't min making a deal for Mikko Koivu was thinking of offering Henrique and a pick for him. What's everyone's thoughts?
    Who would you guys offer for Koivu My team is in my signature with scoring system Thanks!
    Your intuition is correct, go for it!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah definitely good deal for you if all it takes to get Mikko is Henrique + a draft pick.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The window on cashing in on Henrique's value closed with the loss of Parise. While Henrique's rookie season was solid, he tailed off near the end. When Parise was on the team Henrique had the options of either him or Kovalchuk as linemates. Now, he's battling Zajac for top line minutes. Moreover, Henrique's value is based on season and you need to be wary of the sophomore slump.

Koivu's value on the other hand is a better overall player, has shown consistency at the 60 point level, and will benefit from playing with Parise, assuming they line up together. Even if they don't, until the season starts, the posibility will keep his trade value high.

You might need to consider a better option like Moulson or Voracek. The former has been a consistent scoring threat and the latter is looking like a solid sleeper and potential 1st liner on a stacked Philly team. Maybe throw in a decent name prospect or a second rounder to round this one out.
    ***Non-Descriptive Thread Titles Killed My Wife and Ate My Children***

10 Team Roto Keeper League (G,A,PPP,SHP,GWG,+/-,PIM, SOG // W,SAVES,GAA,SV%,SO)
    Full Keeper w/ Salary Cap [4C/4LW/4RW/6D/2G/5B, 82 gp per roster spot]

C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Ribeiro, Hodgson
    LW: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Eriksson, Van Riemsdyk, Whitney
    RW: Gaborik, Stewart, Read, Selanne, Alfredsson
    D: Pietrangelo, Yandle, Edler, Wisniewski, E. Johnson, Whitney, Bieksa, Gardiner
    G: Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, Schneider

Minor League:
    Yakupov, Silfverberg, Bjugstad, Stone, Atkinson, J. Morrow, Palmieri, B. Smith, J. Bernier