Thread: McKeen's Move, Fantasy Mailbag, etc

The King of Diatribes

Default McKeen's Move, Fantasy Mailbag, etc

Hey everyone!

The last 10 days have been crazy busy for me since joining McKeen's so I wanted to check in and update everyone on what is happening. It took me a while to organize everything and re-structure some stuff, but I'm just about through with it all.

The move to McKeen's is a huge step for a number of reasons, and I'm really excited to have a new title in the scouting realm. Here is the blog where you can find my posts on goalies I'm tracking: http://www.mckeenshockey.com/the-goalie-guild-blog

TheGoalieGuild.com is still alive and well, and I'm still posting content on there. But all of my actual scouting reports, like the Top Prospects and stuff like that, is all through McKeen's now. The Depth Charts are still a free download and can be obtained at TGG or McKeen's.

TheGoalieGuild.com is now a "Goalie Website Network" that includes GoaliePost, PadsTracker, a new website I'm working on, and McKeen's. It will include posts that are non-scouting report related, like the post I wrote about Brodeur, etc etc. I also have some new writers on board posting content 1-2 times a week.

GoaliePost is obviously still a partnership between Dobber and I. Now that the website is "free" (no more $10 memberships) and you only pay for the premium content like the e-mail updates or the rankings, I want to make sure I still am helping you guys out with fantasy goalie questions you may have.

So I am going to bring back the weekly fantasy mailbag. Those were a lot of fun and I just got too busy to do them, but with the lockout in place, and more time actually freed up with the move to McKeen's, I can easily spend an afternoon one day a week answering your questions...especially since this forums is tied to the GoaliePost website.

There are also a ton of changes coming to how I structure all my monthly rankings and reports now that I have to focus more of my scouting on the draft-eligible goalies. I'll have details on that later, once it all gets set up on the McKeen's website. The new setup is more age-dependent. For example, I don't want to consider a 29 or 30-year-old goalie a "prospect" anymore, because it's not really clear. I also want to take all the draft-eligible goalies and put them on their own monthly report since that is a big focus for McKeen's every year, as well as listing some of the top draft-eligible goalies for the following season (2014 NHL Draft). So those are in the works and should be really cool.

In terms of strictly fantasy analysis stuff, I'll be doing my Top-30 Fantasy Rankings for NHL.com / GoaliePost once the lockout ends, and I'm really going to push hard for the feature where I audit your fantasy goalies. I know Dobber does some auditing for teams, and I want to bring the same idea to goalie farms and rosters, and just help give you guys another perspective / view of what you have, what you might want to do to improve depth, etc.

Also don't forget the awesome new Fantasy Goalie Guide is coming up in December, and that thing is unreal. Nothing like it out there, and I'm putting a lot of time and energy into it, because I want it to kick ass and be a staple item for Dobber's collection of annual guides. It's about time there's a goalie-specific fantasy guide out there.

Thanks as always for your support everyone -- I wouldn't have landed this gig without being able to learn so much from my years spent writing School of Block articles and conversing with you guys in here! If you have any questions about how anything is structured, just let me know!

Oh, and thanks to Jason Banks for pointing me towards the Jacob Markstrom thread. We talk a lot on Facebook about goalies, and he mentioned how it would be a good idea to try and give some insights when I have the time, and with the lockout, I definitely have the time. So I agree, and I look forward to doing the first new Fantasy Mailbag here in a few days! I'm thinking Friday afternoon...a good way to close out the week and kick off the weekend. PEACE!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for all your help and good luck to you on your new projet!
    The puck stops here!
    8 teams, Points only, 2 pts goalie win (+2 for blank)
    The best 12F -- 6D -- 2G count.
    Real salary (not cap hit), 65M salary cap

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Keep up the good work Goldie...I really value your dedication to all things goalie.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion