Thread: Trade advice

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Trade advice

I have nooooooooooo idea when it comes to basketball but someone is trying to sell Kevin Martin to me. Our cats:

FG%, FT%, 3PTM, Pts, Reb, A, ST, BLK, TO

He's offered me his Martin for either Al Jefferson or JR Smith.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I definitely would not under any circumstance trade Al Jefferson for Kevin Martin. Jefferson is a great fantasy option, he's had a slow start but he's rounding into form.

I'd consider trading JR Smith for him though...kind of feels like a coin flip between the two. Both will never be the top scoring options on their respective teams but at least Martin has shown he can be a scorer. He's still getting 30 minutes a game. His shooting %s are better than he typically is...especially with regards to his 3 point shooting. But I'm not really a fan of JR Smith's opportunity either.

Keep in mind that I'm a first year basketball guy too so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I've been really digging deep into info lately though haha.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hahaha ya I have no idea who these guys are....it just seems like this JR Smith, as well as Kirilenko on my team are overachieving....and that normally means I'd make a move. But I have no idea who to target

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hahaha ya I have no idea who these guys are....it just seems like this JR Smith, as well as Kirilenko on my team are overachieving....and that normally means I'd make a move. But I have no idea who to target
    Kirilenko is doing really well and some of his numbers like his FG% are definitely unsustainable, but he has shown before that he can post the type of points/peripherals that he's posting now. AK47 has always been a fantasy stud from what I know. He's had a few seasons where he's posted a PPG of 13 or higher with rebounds at 8 and his steals are right at his career average.

He's also getting some of the best minutes he's gotten in a handful of years now. Though I guess that makes me wonder what happens when KLove comes back. I'd personally consider Kirilenko a hold but that's just me.

The way I see Kevin Martin is kind of like Harden last year except without the good all around game.