Thread: LWL draft kit

Dobber Sports Pro

Default LWL draft kit

is anyone around this boards familiar with this draft kit?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLpIt-_qTqo

Some guys in my main league use it and as our draft is approaching, I'd like to know what they base their predictions on. I'm not going to get one, as I swear to my dobber guide and I absolutely love the FHG tools. And also, it don't want to see in my fellow poolies cards, because it's more fun to win this way... buuuut (I'd like to get in their heads!)

Anyway, is that kit any good compared to dobber/FHG?

Dobber Sports Expert

Well any guide is always good as it gives you a different perspective on things... I know here on Dobber most of the writers and the forumers are all on the same page as we share/read the same advice. So it's always good to see what others have to say, that way you have multiple perspectives to kinda base your own judgement on.

If 10 bucks isn't a big deal to you, might as well spend it and see what they have to offer? I mean at the end of the day it's $10 bucks, what else would you spend it on? A beer at a hockey game, a couple packs of chips at 7-11?

If it gives you a leg up on your competition, might as well pick it up and see what they're reading and you can adjust your strategy accordingly...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Pro

sure, I agree... and it's not that I wouldn't spare 10 bucks on it. We're all about the same level in this league and it's probably better we don't use the same rankings. I guess it's more fun when we use different strategies.
    But at the same time, I'd like to know if it's any good. Last year, my friend took P.Kane 12th overall using this kit (in one year multicat counting hits, pims...), so maybe it's just rubbish.

But you're right, I could just buy it and see.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I purchased this guide to try it out this year, and wasn't very impressed.

The main reason I purchased it is because they customize the rankings to your league's scoring categories, but the rankings for my league's settings (G,A,+/-,PPG,SOG,PIM,DG,S%,GAA,W) produced some very strange results.

For example, Alex Steen was ranked 3rd overall among skaters, and Steven Stamkos was ranked 19th !!
    Other rankings made more sense, but bottom line is that you have to make quite a bit of adjustments to take out the strange results, so you might as well do your own rankings anyway.

The guide itself has a couple of useful articles, but nothing earth shattering. The team by team coverage was weak with very few player profiles.

Overall, I would not recommend it