Thread: Ben Roethlisberger - Separated Shoulder

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Ben Roethlisberger - Separated Shoulder

Two sources indicated that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a separated shoulder in Pittsburgh's Monday night's 13-10 overtime win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Roethlisberger was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital for an MRI exam, according to his agent, Ryan Tollner. In addition, one source indicated that the injury is "unusual," although it's unclear if that is good or bad news.

Ben Roethlisberger is sacked by Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali in the third quarter. (AP) "There's a lot to be figured out and we probably won't know anything definitive until the morning, but that's what the [Steelers] team doctor said," a source said.

Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said there is no official word on the injury.

It's unclear how long Roethlisberger could be out, but he left the field in the third quarter holding his right arm close to his body and was still holding it that way when he was wheeled out of the stadium on a golf cart before being taken to the hospital.
    Yahoo Sports

:'(
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Tamba pumbled him.. Big TREE fall HARD..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Tamba pumbled him.. Big TREE fall HARD..
    "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?"

Except everyone was around for this one. It made a sound.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Perfect timing! My Ravens are going to go apeshit on the Steelers this weekend.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

No Big Ben, Troy or Mendenhall? Yet they'll still probably sneak in to the playoffs, insane.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Immortal

This leaves me with Phillip Rivers....and just as Palmer was scooped off the wire. I should have grabbed him...bad planning on my part.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Doctors are reportedly concerned that Roethlisberger's rib injury could lead to more internal damage if he plays anytime soon, ESPN.com reports.

Recommendation: Initially, the focus was on Roethlisberger's shoulder injury, which has been described as an "SC sprain," but at this point, his rib damage (suffered on the same hit that his shoulder was injured on) has evolved into the greater concern. With Roethlisberger out this week, and perhaps longer, Byron Leftwich will assume the starting quarterback job for the Steelers and be on the field for Sunday's key matchup with the Ravens.
    (Rotowire.com)
    So should I drop him for Fitzpatrick or Wilson now? I have Rivers as my other QB but I don't trust him.
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ben Roethlisberger confirmed Wednesday that his rib injury is a bigger concern than his shoulder ailment, and that the issue is so rare, there haven't been any documented cases since 1998.

Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated, and could actually kill him if it pressed against his aorta. Beat writer Ed Bouchette expects Roethlisberger to be out "a while." The good news is, Ben does not believe the issue is season-threatening. At this point, Roethlisberger returning for Pittsburgh's Week 13 tilt with the Ravens is looking like a best-case scenario, albeit an unlikely one. It's officially time for fantasy owners to be making other plans, preferably ones that don't involve Steelers backup Byron Leftwich, who operates in super-slow motion. Nov. 14 - 1:01 pm et
    Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter

Rotowire.com
    Last edited by letangerang58; November 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    You might have to go the Fitzpatrick route and play the odds. Not enough games left to be messing around with what-ifs.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You might have to go the Fitzpatrick route and play the odds. Not enough games left to be messing around with what-ifs.
    That's what I was thinking. He'd need to come back by week 13 for me to feel comfortable using him by the time playoffs rolled around.