Thread: Steven Jackson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Steven Jackson

He rushed for 101 yards and a touchdown against San Francisco, is this a sign of things to come?

I bought low in him in one of my leagues, just looking for some opinions.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    He rushed for 101 yards and a touchdown against San Francisco, is this a sign of things to come?

I did as well and am looking for similar insight as right after the games I was offered Heath Miller for him. Not sure I like that deal but I do need a TE....

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

He had 101 yards rushing because he had 29 attempts.. Besides week one where he had 21 attempts, he has had 18 twice, and then 12 is the next highest number for attempts in a game..

If Steven Jackson ever gets 25-30 attempts, he is definitely going to get over 100 yards rushing.. I do think Fisher will push him going forward.. But he also doesn't want to burn the 29 year old back out too soon..

The RAMS do have the Jets, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Vikings, and Bucs to finish off the fantasy season..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

IMO, the way the Rams are phasing Daryl Richardson in, I would be shocked if SJax has many more 100+yd games left in him in STL. He's still option #1 in STL, but he is no longer the only game in town.

If you got him cheap, then it was still a good deal for you though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's not bad as a flex option or bye week/injury replacement. Other than 2 games this year he's put up totals that won't make you want to kill yourself as long as you have someone else who can make up part of the point difference. I'm playing him this week in place of Lynch.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    He's not bad as a flex option or bye week/injury replacement. Other than 2 games this year he's put up totals that won't make you want to kill yourself as long as you have someone else who can make up part of the point difference. I'm playing him this week in place of Lynch.
    I agree he's a solid RB3 for a flex spot. And with them playing the Jets IN St.Louis, where thye've been much better, I really like him this weekend.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm with letang and robot here. SJax is a nice flex option to have for the rest of the season. He got so many carries this week probably due to him being his healthiest since week two. Seeing that fisher doesn't mind using a workhorse+SJax isn't expected to return next year, he should get a nice amount of carries going forward with some favorable matches.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Amendola being back means they'll be able to spread the ball around again. He's a decent back end option in my mind.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post

I wouldn't bank on it. Old S.Jax would run that way all year. It took him until week 11... mmm...i'm not buying this as the norm from him. Besides this, he's had all year to showcase what he has left in the tank. Jax is a FA after this season, so I expect his carries to drop and for Richardson to get more run. The Rams may even give Pead a chance to better assess their RB situation heading into next season. I could he wrong, but i feel all of this coupled with age = a stacked deck against Steven.