Thread: Quick Trade Advice!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Quick Trade Advice!

His Zetterberg & J.Staal
    For
    My Koivu, Granlund & Gardiner

Points only. Teams in sig! Limited keeper.

I'd pick up Pitkanen as my waiver replacment.
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think I'd go for it. Give me Zetterberg over Koivu in a points only. Sure he might explode having Parise on his wing, but there's an equally good chance that he doesn't mesh well with Big P and has another ~60 point campaign. Likewise, I'll take J Staal over Granlund. If there's a guy that's going to really pop this season I think it's Staal. It doesn't hurt that you've got his probable linemate in Semin also on your squad, and I'd probably keep Staal over him at the end of the year as well. So you're improving your keepers. You've got enough depth with your young guys that losing Granlund won't hurt so much, even though he's arguably your best prospect. For this year also give me Pitkanen over Gardiner. If Gardiner really surprises and does well then they will end up about even. But Pitaken usually nets around 40 points, so I think he's more reliable. He's also going to be on PP1 with Semin and J Staal, so you might be able to get a bunch of points off them playing together.

Based on projections it's a very fair trade, but I think that the Zetterberg side will come out ahead at the end of the year. If you're worried about getting older then I'd say don't do it, but it looks like you've got more than enough youth. Is there a farm system in your league? That was my first thought when I saw Granlund, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Gardiner, Schultz and Baertschi on your roster. Or are you hoping that one of them will have a big year and justify a keeper spot while you let the rest of them go unprotected?
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    I think I'd go for it. Give me Zetterberg over Koivu in a points only. Sure he might explode having Parise on his wing, but there's an equally good chance that he doesn't mesh well with Big P and has another ~60 point campaign. Likewise, I'll take J Staal over Granlund. If there's a guy that's going to really pop this season I think it's Staal. It doesn't hurt that you've got his probable linemate in Semin also on your squad, and I'd probably keep Staal over him at the end of the year as well. So you're improving your keepers. You've got enough depth with your young guys that losing Granlund won't hurt so much, even though he's arguably your best prospect. For this year also give me Pitkanen over Gardiner. If Gardiner really surprises and does well then they will end up about even. But Pitaken usually nets around 40 points, so I think he's more reliable. He's also going to be on PP1 with Semin and J Staal, so you might be able to get a bunch of points off them playing together.

Based on projections it's a very fair trade, but I think that the Zetterberg side will come out ahead at the end of the year. If you're worried about getting older then I'd say don't do it, but it looks like you've got more than enough youth. Is there a farm system in your league? That was my first thought when I saw Granlund, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Gardiner, Schultz and Baertschi on your roster. Or are you hoping that one of them will have a big year and justify a keeper spot while you let the rest of them go unprotected?
    I'm hoping one of them has a huge year. I do realize they are young and can probably only keep one or two. I'd be dropping Elias as well from my keepers for a rookie or solid dman. I'm trying to secure the best possible keepers!

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post

I didn't even have to type out my usual paragraph explanation.

This guy is right on the money!

Go for it, man!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Guru

I keep going back and forth on this one. I'll try to type thoughts in here and come to a conclusion.

I think I'd rather own Koivu than Zetterberg going forward (one guy is gaining linemates, the other is losing a hall of fame puck moving d-man; both are band-aid boys). The fact is, Koivu has been a 70 point guy when healthy. It's close, and one guy has a few years on the other.

Staal is the huge wildcard. He could break out big time, but he hasn't done it yet.
    Granlund is also a wildcard. Lots of hype, but he's already injured this year. A couple concussions in his past I think. And he's little. A bit scary. I'd opt for Staal in this one.

Going into this year, I'd probably choose Gardiner over Pitkanen. Pitkanen has some competition in Carolina, and he's had a tough time staying on the ice himself. Neither of these guys will probably be a keeper long term.

I suppose I'd take the chance. I think Staal has a bigger chance to be an impact player on your team this year, and has a bigger chance to fight for a keeper spot. The only way I see this hurting is if Staal stumbles and Koivu explodes. I just can't see you hanging on to either d-man at year's end, and I can't see Granlund forcing his way into your keeper discussion.

I'd start by proposing the deal without Zetterberg/Koivu. You'd have a better sense of your trading partner, but the offer seems like he's chasing youth. Gardiner and Granlund should be enough to get Staal, and getting Staal for those two feels a bit safer for me. I might even express my excitement for the youngsters, and push for a pick in that counter-offer, or another more established player that'll feel like a throw-in.

Just my two cents...
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He offered me giroux for gaborik, koivu, and granlund.

I think it's steep. I would love giroux though.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post

In your league setup and with your team, that's not steep at all. Take the deal.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree take that deal.

Gaborik as skilled as he is, can be very annoying when hurt.

Koivu might be a 70 pt player but could just as easily get hurt.

Granlund is still a prospect. Plus you have Hubs and Tarasenko.

You said you wanted to improve your keepers, and Giroux is a top 5 pick in most drafts this year.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Take that deal before he changes his mind
    10 Team Keeper League. 2017 Champion
    Points only. H2H weekly changes. 36 player roster, dress 20 players - 12 F, 6 D, 2 G.

Forwards: (G=1, A=1)
    Patrick Kane, Stamkos, Tarasenko, Wheeler, Marchand, Barzal, Voracek, Svechnikov, Mikael Granlund, Keller, Kevin Hayes, Borgstrom, Stepan, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Yamamoto, Tolvanen

Defence: (G=1, A=1)
    Shattenkirk, Byfuglien, Gostisbehere, Giordano, Goligoski, Niskanen, Montour, Severson, Girard, Boqvist, Brännström, Honka

Goalies: (W=2 + SO=2)
    Frederik Andersen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rempel1 View Post
    Take that deal before he changes his mind
    I'm getting so chapped. I accepted the trade the same time I posted my original post. I wanted giroux. When I sent the "I accept" back he laughed. Then said no trade. He's the commish in our league and also my best friend. So annoyed!

The Great One

I'm getting so chapped. I accepted the trade the same time I posted my original post. I wanted giroux. When I sent the "I accept" back he laughed. Then said no trade. He's the commish in our league and also my best friend. So annoyed!
    What kind of a league allows someone to back out on a trade? That's ridiculous!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    What kind of a league allows someone to back out on a trade? That's ridiculous!
    Agreed - that's ridiculous. So, where exactly do you propose and accept trades? If it were Yahoo, for example, accepting a deal would go through automatically. In your case, backing out should not be allowed if the trade proposed is 'official'. Very fishy.

Dobber Sports Genius

How does that happen!? If it's on the table to be accepted it has to go through! That is completely bogus!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar