Thread: Trading Benn.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Trading Benn.

Hey guys I am looking at moving Benn. He is primed to be a beast in my format although he doesn't do well from the draw so I use him at LW which I am already far too deep. I have an offer I want to send to another GM but I want to know if it's insulting.

My Benn/Josi/Theodore (He has Clemmenson)

His Eberle/Subban/Khudobin (Gives me the handcuff)

Now the thing is.... in my heart I kind of feel like if I got this offer I'd decline it, which is why I want to make sure I don't just send a crap offer. He also has Skinner wo I could try for Skinner instead of Eberle which might be more doable. Right now I am giving up a starter (possibly) for at least one year so I'm factoring that into my value analysis as well. What do you guys think?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't think the trade is insulting but I wouldn't entertain it if I was him....
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Giant

i doubt he takes that trade. maybe not even with skinner.
    subban is a stud in multi cats and benn is in the same ball park as eberle or skinner.
    id send it with skinner and see if he bites.
    can you add picks/throw-ins to sweeten it a bit?
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    i doubt he takes that trade. maybe not even with skinner.
    subban is a stud in multi cats and benn is in the same ball park as eberle or skinner.
    id send it with skinner and see if he bites.
    can you add picks/throw-ins to sweeten it a bit?
    I don't know what I could use as throwins but yes that or picks are an option. I'm hoping to be able to squeak out a win this year if I can so I do not mind moving picks at all. I have all of my picks for next year. (We already drafted for this year) If I had to include picks what do you think it would take?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Giant

assuming your draft is just for the next years draft class.
    i would be willing to throw a 2nd or 3rd in.

also is there any goalies on the ww. khudobin gets you the handcuff but would it be possible to leave him out and pick up a third goalie somewhere. you have two great starters so i imagine a 3rd goalie wouldnt play too much.
    if rask gets hurt for a long perriod of time and khudobin takes over id guess that your goaltending wouldnt be good enough to win it all anyways.
    i guess the trick is to start as low as you can without offending your trade partner- its a fine line.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Banned

i wouldn't use benn's face-off stats from last year as a benchmark heading forward... he didn't take a lot of draw's last year but next season will be different... plus, who do you use at center after crosby.... gagner? ouch. i would rather keep benn at center and move one of your other lw's for a rw or defence upgrade... (or a package based on the same premise)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Benn at center will be fine. If you look around the NHL, there actually aren't a lot of rugged centers (Backes, Getzlaf... E.Staal maybe...). In multi-cat, that can be quite valuable. In the past, Benn didn't take a lot of faceoffs because the Stars had 3 top faceoff-men: Ott/Ribeiro/Benn. Of those three, Benn was the worst. But now its just Benn & Roy as the only top 2 line centers on the team. It's going to be those guys taking draws. Eriksson/Jagr/Whitney/Morrow/Ryder won't be taking any FO... so the FOW will be there (maybe not the FOW%, but the FOW yes).

The trade is a reasonable offer (and makes sense with Khudobin as a hand-cuff).
    I don't think you'll get it... too steep... but reasonable.