Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bounce-Backs, Breakouts, and Hidden Gems 2012-2013

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bounce-back: Getzlaf/Perry or Ovechkin/Backstrom (agree)
    Break-out: Lauri Korpikoski (will jump from 40pts to 55pts)
    Hidden gem: Alex Steen (This guy has trouble staying healthy and had a dismal 28pt season last year in 43games. He has trouble playing a full season, but day-to-day, he's a 55-60pt scorer. If a few STL Blues go down with injuries, watch this guy... if he makes it to the STL PP, he could be nicely valuable.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Lots of mentions for Getzlaf/Perry as bounce-back candidates and I agree with that but let's not also forget Bobby Ryan. He's going to bounce back too. He's got lots to prove this year.

Duchene and Zajac are others who're going to bounce-back.

I'm calling this: Shawn Matthias will break out (and by that I mean he'll grab himself a top-6 spot and produce at 50 point pace).

Im liking the Matthias call.... very gutsy... I could see him pull a matt read esque year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    Ryan Miller's numbers suffered from his concussion. He'll be back to his career normals.
    DISCLAIMER: Sorry this is off-topic.

He's only had two seasons better than the one he just had at .916 SV% and 2.55 GAA. Only number he slacked on was wins.

This is his career norm. Since 2005 when he really started playing, he's got a career .9157 SV% and a 2.55 GAA. Literally right on with what he did this season.

I think this further proves my theory that he's the single most overrated player in the league. He was fantastic in 2009-10 (.929/2.22) and that same year was phenomenal for the Olympic team, but that's it. He's had one great year. Other than that, he's never had a GAA under 2.53 or SV% better than .918%, but people still believe he's a top three or four goaltender.

I disagree.
    10 Teams, Keep 15

H2H Categories: G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SVs

3C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Vilardi (RW), Bennett, W Johnston
    3LW - Fiala, Jenner, Byfield, Raymond
    3RW - Miller, Jarvis, Kyrou, Debrusk
    5D - Fox, Q Hughes, Matheson, Letang
    2F

2G (max 4) - Vasilevskiy, Woll, Samsonov

8 Farm - L Hughes, M Knies, M Michkov, Z Benson, F Nazar, M Savoie, Annunen (G)