Thread: Ryan Miller (Detroit Red Wing 2014-2015) ???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Ryan Miller (Detroit Red Wing 2014-2015) ???

I just noticed that only ONE thread in the goalie forum has posts this November. Damn... it's November 5th!

So, here's some Coffee Talk.

In the summer of 2014, Ryan Miller will sign a contract to be the starting goalie for the Detroit Red Wings.

Timeline:
    *Summer 2013 - Jimmy Howard's contract ends with the Detroit Red Wings. Without Nick Lidstrom & Brad Stuart, the Wings fail to make the playoffs in the 2012-2013 shortened season. As the back-up with no pressure, the Monster Jonas Gustavsson plays well enough in his 9-games with the club. The Wings look elsewhere in net & decide, let Jimmy Howard go, and go with Jonas Gustavsson be their #1 goalie for 2013-2014.

*Summer 2013 - The Wings sign Drew Miller to a 2-year, $3million extension. Nobody thinks anything about this.

*Summer 2014 - Jonas Gustavsson struggled in his full year with the Wings. Again, Detroit realizes that he is not the answer and look elsewhere.

*July 2, 2014 - The Red Wings sign Ryan Miller to a 5-year, $30million deal. Says Ryan Miller "I'm happy to join the Wings organization. I grew up here in Michigan and my whole family has played at Michigan State. It's great to join such a solid franchise and skate with my brother Drew. Hopefully we can mirror the success of the Staal brothers in Carolina."

Discuss.

Dobber Sports Genius

I was actually surprised that Detroit didnt sign Miller already. I thought they would of signed him before he re-signed in Buffalo.
    Last edited by DerekReese; November 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Administrator

He had a golden opportunity to jump ship and instead re-signed in Buffalo. If anything he could head out west to be closer to Mrs. Miller.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Novice

I can't see it happening unless they find a stop-gap for next year (you mentioned Gus, but that would be quite the risk) or if Howard struggles this year and agrees to a one year deal. If Howard has a strong year, he will demand a long-term deal (especiallly if he proves he can do it without Lidstrom), so Detroit will have a decision to make. Do they let Howard walk hoping they can sign Miller next year (or maybe give Howard a long-term deal without a NTC)?

I think that ship sailed unless Detroit has an abysmal season and decides to try to swing a deal with Buffalo.
    Last edited by jason1983; November 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
    16 team dynasty league
    Roto - G, A, P, PPP, SOG, Hits, BS, PIMS, W, Saves, SV %, GAA
    F - Pacioretty, Drouin, E. Kane, Kucherov, Kreider, Hornqvist, Eberle, Steen, E, Staal, Roussel, Maroon, Connolly
    D - Shattenkirk, Goligoski, Franson, Nurse, Larsson, Gudas
    G - Crawford, Anderson
    B - Neuvirth, Greiss, Petrovic, Rieder, Matteau
    Farm - Gibson, Scherbak, Sanheim, Armia, Buchnevich, Weal, Tomek, Donskoi, Petrov

Dobber Sports Immortal

One can only dream.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

please he's coming to toronto, like everyone else. but i'm not sure if the leafs will have the cap space once they trade for Ryan and then sign Getz and Perry as UFAs.

wait, theyll have komi off the books by then, and his cap hit alone is something like 93M per season.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    please he's coming to toronto, like everyone else. but i'm not sure if the leafs will have the cap space once they trade for Ryan and then sign Getz and Perry as UFAs.

wait, theyll have komi off the books by then, and his cap hit alone is something like 93M per season.
    Even if the Leafs were over cap they could still afford Crosby, Malkin, Weber and Miller, according to their more entertaining fans.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust