10 Team Yahoo H2H keeper league (keep 6) year 2

starters in bold:

QB: RG3, Newton
    WR: J. Nelson, Colston, Nicks, Maclin, T. Young
    RB: Fred Jax, Dwyer, MJD, Ballard
    TE: Daniels, Rudolph
    K: Bryant
    D: Minny

As you can see I'm hurting big time at the RB position.
    Here's my dilemma, I really like RG3 as my keeper QB, but i also know that I need to upgrade my RBs. Newton is not going to get me anything good on the trade market right now. But i think i do have an option to trade RG3 for Adrian Peterson. There will probably be some little pieces added from both teams, but that would be the base of the trade. Is AP worth it, or should i hold onto RG3 and just see what i can get for Newton (probably just a pick upgrade in next yrs draft). Would you be confident in having Newton as a starter in a keeper league?

Here's the AP owners team: (please think of a good trade using RG3 and AP for me as well if you can)
    I know he likes Nicks and Jordy Nelson too, he wants to upgrade his WRs
    QB: Dalton, Romo
    WR: Cruz, Marshall, Moss, Jennings, Hixon
    RB: Rice, Peterson, Matthews, Mendenhall
    TE: Witten
    K: Walsh
    D: Houston

Thanks in advance for any advice
    Last edited by Brosive; November 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM.
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

If I were you, I'd definitely be looking to deal a QB. You keep 6 players, and with your current roster both Newton and RG3 would be among those 6.

I suppose one important question is whether you think you've got a shot at winning this year. If so, giving up RG3 right now hurts. Newton hasn't done much, but I don't think I'd be giving up on his long-term prospects.

AP is an elite RB. He's the focal point of his offence. The only factors that make me hesitant about this trade are:

1. AP is 27. 2 more seasons and he'll be slowing down; and
    2. RG3's stock is so high right now that you might be able to get more.

You could wait a few more weeks and see if Newton starts to turn things around. Or, you could counter now, but I'd suggest shopping RG3 a bit first.

My initial advice is to try to snag Brandon Marshall. Your receivers are pretty strong as is, but I personally think Marshall is an upgrade over Nicks. I realize people may not agree that its a huge upgrade, but I think Cutler and Marshall are going to put up very big numbers.

Consider:

RG3 + Nicks + draft pick
    Peterson + Marshall + Mendenhall (to cover the Dwyer situation for the rest of this year) + higher draft pick

Going into next year, your keepers would be:

Newton
    Nelson, Colston, Marshall
    Peterson, MJD

Pretty strong I'd say. I guess it depends on whether you're ready to give up on Newton, and whether you think you can win in the next 2 years....because both Peterson and MJD are getting old (for NFL RBs).

Honestly, you can afford to wait it out for a few more weeks. AP has some tough defences ahead, and unless RG3 suddenly tanks, you'll be able to make the trade down the road. This would give you more time to assess Newton.

Anyway, good luck.

Please return the favor and give me your opinion. Here's my thread:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=139962

Basically I have 2 offers for AP. My fear is Vick getting yanked. One offer is Stafford+McGahee, the other is Newton+Matthews+Gates.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Padawan

I say yes he is worth it. Newton will turn things around with the new offensive approach, i have faith. AP is still one of the best rb's in the league. He may slow down after two years but in fantasy, it's best to look at your team in 3 year windows. If you can compete in the next 2 for championships, it's well worth the risk of a drop off in year 3.