Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team advice going forward

The Wolverine

Default Team advice going forward

EDITED: Roster updated and see latest posts for further updates.

Yahoo one-year, 14 teams, standard cats (except all TDs=6pts, INTs=-2pts)
    QB,3WR,2RB,TE,K,DEF,6BN

QB: Vick, Shaub; WR: Bowe, V.Jackson, Heyward-Bey, J.Gordon, A.Hawkins; RB: Lynch, C.Johnson, Mendenhall, P.Thomas, J.Bell
    TE: Daniels; K: Forbath; DEF: Green Bay

Current situation
    - Daniels is on a bye this week so just picked up Clark and dropped Powell.
    - Currently 3-4 so right in the thick of it (7th place but only one game separates 4th-12th). Top 8 make the playoffs.
    - Team is very inconsistent as weekly totals have been: 131, 74, 63, 121, 47, 122 and 68.
    - Sent out a feeler offer of my Thomas/Hawkins for Stewart/K.Wright. Mainly to go for Stewart as per yesterday's ramblings advice.
    - Both Lynch and Johnson have a week 11 bye. Need to think about that as could make or break my season. Thoughts on offering Johnson if he has another good week? Ramblings also suggested that as Locker should be back soon and Johnson's been poor with him as QB.

If I'm missing any relevant information please let me know. I'm not the strongest in football knowledge and I don't see any games so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by horrorfan; October 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

SOrry, didn't see this post before I replied in the Powell one.

Can you post the team for the McGahee owner?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    SOrry, didn't see this post before I replied in the Powell one.

Can you post the team for the McGahee owner?
    For an update, the Stewart owner rejected simply with 'no thanks'.

Here's the McGahee owner's team. Note that he is also 3-4.

QB: Big Ben, Cutler
    WR: Welker, Nelson, M.Williams, J.Jones
    RB: Turner, McGahee, Morris, Ridley
    TE: Finley, Miller
    K: Prater
    DEF: Cleveland, Tampa Bay
    Last edited by horrorfan; October 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM.

The Wolverine

I've suffered another loss so that's 3-5 and still looking at week 11 where both Lynch and Johnson are on byes and I could be in trouble. Also, my WR are struggling/inconsistent generally so I was thinking of this potential offer to the league leader, who just suffered a big loss this week. He's still 6-2 though.

What are your thoughts on:
    I offer: C.Johnson, Bowe
    To receive: R.Bush, V.Cruz

EDIT - Not considering making this offer at the moment

First of all, I'm not concerned with 'best player' and 'win/lose' so please focus on my situation (and theirs of course). I'm not sure how you feel it's valued on the trade alone given Bush has already had his bye and Johnson is still due. Also both Bush and Cruz had poor production yesterday so it might be a decent time to go after them. He also has Rice so perhaps the thought of having Rice and C.Johnson would be appealing to him, and Bowe still has name value, though not sure if he can get back to what we have seen of him before. His other main WR are A.Johnson and Decker.

I'm not offering yet as I don't want to make a panic move, though such an offer should not be delayed too much. He'll be focusing on the stretch run and peaking in the playoffs, rather I just want to make the playoffs. Thanks.
    Last edited by horrorfan; October 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

I wouldn't give up Cruz alone for Bowe and C2K.

Cruz has more long tds than either of those guys and in a PPR league is clutch. He's the 2nd ranked WR behind Harvin.

I do agree try to sell high on those guys but not convinced the guy will give up Cruz and Bush, but worth a try.
    Last edited by cdubb; October 29, 2012 at 8:42 AM.
    Semi-retired

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    I wouldn't give up Cruz alone for Bowe and C2K.

Cruz has more long tds than either of those guys and in a PPR league is clutch. He's the 2nd ranked WR behind Harvin.

I do agree try to sell high on those guys but not convinced the guy will give up Cruz and Bush, but worth a try.
    Thanks. To clarify it's not a PPR league and yep Cruz is quite valuable. What might also make a trade tough with him (player value aside) is that he's in a position of strength especially if he keeps winning.

Any thoughts/suggestions on my situation/dilemma?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    For an update, the Stewart owner rejected simply with 'no thanks'.

Here's the McGahee owner's team. Note that he is also 3-4.

QB: Big Ben, Cutler
    WR: Welker, Nelson, M.Williams, J.Jones
    RB: Turner, McGahee, Morris, Ridley
    TE: Finley, Miller
    K: Prater
    DEF: Cleveland, Tampa Bay
    Wow, That team is stacked. how is he 3-4!
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What are your thoughts on:
    I offer: C.Johnson, Bowe
    To receive: R.Bush, V.Cruz
    If I was getting the Cruz/Bush side of this, I would be happy!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

Ok perhaps my offer idea is a bit much, thanks for clearing that up for me. So I would appreciate if you have any advice on what I can do going forward given my situation outlined above.

The Wolverine

Small move but maybe it'll help when I need it - dropped Clark (who I don't need anymore) for Joique Bell.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I s rOnnie Hillman avail on the wire?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    I s rOnnie Hillman avail on the wire?
    Yes he is. Wouldn't McGahee restrict his value?

The Wolverine

QB,3WR,2RB,TE,K,DEF,6BN

QB: Vick, Shaub; WR: Bowe, V.Jackson, Heyward-Bey, J.Gordon, A.Hawkins; RB: Lynch, C.Johnson, Mendenhall, P.Thomas, J.Bell

Current situation
    - Top 8 make the playoffs.
    - Team is very inconsistent as weekly totals have been: 131, 74, 63, 121, 47, 122, 68 and 75.
    - Both Lynch and Johnson have a week 11 bye. Need to think about that as could make or break my season. Thoughts on offering Johnson if he has another good week? Ramblings also suggested that as Locker should be back soon and Johnson's been poor with him as QB.
    I've suffered another loss so that's 3-5 and still looking at week 11 where both Lynch and Johnson are on byes and I could be in trouble.
    Small move but maybe it'll help when I need it - dropped Clark (who I don't need anymore) for Joique Bell.
    I've quoted the above to further focus and clarify my situation. Seeing as I'm 3-5, obviously I need to win more often than not to give myself a chance at a top eight finish and make the playoffs. Going back to my dilemma coming up in week 11, where both Lynch and Johnson are on byes, I cannot just give up that week as I expect that a 7-6 record should be good enough for the playoffs but 6-7 is not certain. If I lose in week 11, that is six losses, which means I would need to win the rest of my matchups to be assured a playoff place.

So, you see that's my focus. I need to give myself a chance at winning in week eleven or I could be in big trouble. Sure, if I keep losing then I'm out of it anyway, but as long as I have starters in every week then I'll have a better chance.

Considering my roster, what do you think?

Dobber Sports Ace

QB,3WR,2RB,TE,K,DEF,6BN

--------------------------------------------------------------

- Try trading Lynch and C2K for RBs that already had bye (Martin, Forte, Ridley after this week, etc), and hope Mendenhall is a starter again.

- Maybe try to get Titus young or Cobb, or struggling hurt player like J.Graham, Nicks, etc. Sell high on V.jax and Bowe.
    Semi-retired

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    QB,3WR,2RB,TE,K,DEF,6BN

--------------------------------------------------------------

- Try trading Lynch and C2K for RBs that already had bye (Martin, Forte, Ridley after this week, etc), and hope Mendenhall is a starter again.

- Maybe try to get Titus young or Cobb, or struggling hurt player like J.Graham, Nicks, etc. Sell high on V.jax and Bowe.
    Yeah that's the idea but the challenge is finding the right manager. Those in a similar position to me fighting for a playoff spot might be less likely to take on a player that could hurt them in week eleven as well.

I'm still considering getting in touch with the league leader (who is the only one who's close to being safe) as I had considered earlier in this thread. However, I'm playing him this week so it could be tricky as a win by him could help me make an offer since he's a safer bet to make the playoffs, but with that result would hurt me even more. If I win, he might be feeling a bit of pressure at 6-3, which would still lead the league though.

Main RB who still have upcoming byes:

Mine: C.Johnson (11), Lynch (11)
    Others: T.Richardson (10), AP (11), S.Jackson (9), Bradshaw (11), Gore (9), Greene (9), Ridley (9), Morris (10)

Realistic RB targets who have already been on a bye, with that manager's other relevant RB and current record:

R.Bush (Rice, D.Brown) 6-2 - league leader
    Murray (F.Jones, Green) 5-3
    FJax (T.Rich) 5-3
    Sproles (AP, LeShoure) 5-3
    McFadden (Charles) 4-4
    McGahee/Turner (Morris) 4-4
    D.Martin/Forte (no others of value) 3-5
    BGE (K.Smith, D.Wilson) 3-5

Is V.Jackson really a sell high? He's having a great year so far but wasn't that expected? And I'm not sure if I'd consider Bowe a sell high, unless it's more by name as he's just having an average year IMO. But will consider those ideas. Good shout on some underperforming/banged up players that I might be able to target.

Maybe I could throw them all on the block and see if any offers come in?