Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Antti Niemi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Antti Niemi

Just picked up Niemi in my keeper pool (2 points for a win and 3 for a shutout)...what do you see for him in the next few years? My assumtion is business as usual (30-35 W, with a handful of shutouts).
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Expert

Sounds about right... the Sharks aren't a bad team, and still have plenty of offensive depth and a solid D corps, so Niemi shouldn't be too bad of an own.

Although if you look at the Pac. division, LA, Phx, Dal, Ana could all be potential playoff teams, so that division could be the most competitive heading into next season, which might hurt the win totals, if it's going to be a dog fight.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Picked up?? Like off of FA? Criminal that a goalie of his calibre should be sitting there.

Dobber Sports Giant

san jose is still a top team in the division to me. good pick up.imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As long as he's the starter for SJS he should be a solid own.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The only question with Niemi is when will Greiss or Stalock eventually take over.

Solid pickup for at least next season and probably the season after though.

Administrator

He falls in the category of a guy who provides great stats but his stability as #1 goalie is not 100% certain. Sort of like Jimmy Howard.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    The only question with Niemi is when will Greiss or Stalock eventually take over.

Solid pickup for at least next season and probably the season after though.
    Unless Niemi falls apart or gets absolutely outplayed... wouldn't he get the benefit of the doubt to play...? Since he has a cup?
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    Unless Niemi falls apart or gets absolutely outplayed... wouldn't he get the benefit of the doubt to play...? Since he has a cup?
    He didn't win the cup in San Jose. Tons of other cup winners get shown the door as coaches and GMs fight for their jobs on a yearly basis. San Jose is in a spot where a huge clean-up could happen soon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He didn't win the cup in San Jose. Tons of other cup winners get shown the door as coaches and GMs fight for their jobs on a yearly basis. San Jose is in a spot where a huge clean-up could happen soon.
    As a former owner of Niemi he drove be batshit crazy with is inconsitency, and it had me end up trading him in a package for Tavares and Bobby Ryan. Everyone is correct in that they're in a tough division and he'll be eventually fighting for that spot with Stalock and Greiss. Too many things to look after for me, so sold him "high"

Administrator

Granted, people said the same thing about Chris Osgood for years. Good fantasy numbers, but not a stable hold on the #1 job. Those who kept him made out link bandits most years. He was never elite, but his production exceeded his value.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Granted, people said the same thing about Chris Osgood for years. Good fantasy numbers, but not a stable hold on the #1 job. Those who kept him made out link bandits most years. He was never elite, but his production exceeded his value.
    He also had one of if not the best defenseman ever out there in front of him night n and night out.
    So theres that too...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    He also had one of if not the best defenseman ever out there in front of him night n and night out.
    So theres that too...
    Production in production in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    As a former owner of Niemi he drove be batshit crazy with is inconsitency, and it had me end up trading him in a package for Tavares and Bobby Ryan. Everyone is correct in that they're in a tough division and he'll be eventually fighting for that spot with Stalock and Greiss. Too many things to look after for me, so sold him "high"
    For a solid portion of last season, it felt like it was either feast or famine with him. Still, as long as he keeps posting a GAA around 2.4 and a SV% around .915, with 30+ wins...he remains a solid fantasy option.

Give me the option between him and a more reliable option though and I'll gladly take the other option lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    For a solid portion of last season, it felt like it was either feast or famine with him. Still, as long as he keeps posting a GAA around 2.4 and a SV% around .915, with 30+ wins...he remains a solid fantasy option.

Give me the option between him and a more reliable option though and I'll gladly take the other option lol.
    And that's where I was! The Tavares owner was interested in Niemi and I felt I had the depth to part with him.