• Tuukka Rask

29 36.25%
  • Carey Price

51 63.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] #1 Rask vs. #2 Carey Price

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There are dozens of better examples that prove he is on drugs.
    Not as readily available.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm going to create 20 fake accounts to correct this injustice.
    Isn't that how your rep power increased so much?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Typos aside...

In a one year league I would rather have Rask. Price is an island unto himself on that team, but for Subban.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just to add to the discussion here once again if I may (though my history with goalie threads probably bars me from doing so haha), I want to get a word in that I think it'll be close, which is why I find it amusing how some folks on both sides are implying it's not even close.

I personally had these two literally ranked one over the other (as I mentioned in my other post in this thread). Really came down to Price having the proven status over Rask for me. Yes, Montreal is clearly not as good a team as Boston, but it's not like we've never seen a good goalie shine despite a shitty team. Anyone remember Tomas Vokoun's years in Florida. Repeatedly I snagged him late as a second/third goalie option because people would assume he would be shit just because his team was shit. The win totals were low, yes...but the save percentage was north of .920 yearly, and his GAA was around 2.5...with a fair number of shutouts.

One thing I've seen from Price over the years is that this guy is a ****ing gamer. He shuts everything else out, and plays. No excuses, and often it seems like the guy has ice running through his veins. To go through what he did, getting snubbed by his own fans because they were unhappy that Halak was traded and not him...and not only refusing to crumble under the pressure but actually giving a big **** you in the way of a .923%, 2.35GAA, and 38Ws? I'm not betting against this guy unless there is a far and away better option.

As for the points about people not reading the scoring settings and the fact that it's not a keeper league, as Eric mentioned, in some people's eyes Rask has more keeper value than Price...as the Rask hype keeps on chugging.

Oh yeah and Bomm, take it easy on the drugs there buddy, in moderation it's okay but when you're doing as much as you are...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Oh yeah and Bomm, take it easy on the drugs there buddy, in moderation it's okay but when you're doing as much as you are...
    Sometimes he does so many drugs that the dude in his avatar starts walking funny.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Typos aside...

In a one year league I would rather have Rask. Price is an island unto himself on that team, but for Subban.
    But... but... The Gomez??!?!?!?!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

2.56 career is hardly intimidating, much less worth all this "ice in his veins" talk. And unless Montreal has done something to it's roster to bring it up from the bottom tier of league-wide points, you're going to have to stroke me a little harder in order to convince me to change my mind.

C'mon any takers?
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    2.56 career is hardly intimidating, much less worth all this "ice in his veins" talk. And unless Montreal has done something to it's roster to bring it up from the bottom tier of league-wide points, you're going to have to stroke me a little harder in order to convince me to change my mind.

C'mon any takers?
    I'm not overly concerned with convincing you. You once traded me a top draft pick for basically Keith Ballard and Drayson Bowman. I just have to sit back and let the truth come to me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Fangs are coming out! Getting personal here.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Fangs are coming out! Getting personal here.
    Meh.. No big whoop. When your argument fails resort to ad hominem. I forgive Eric
    @SmittysRant