Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Craig's List (The Rankings...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Craig's List (The Rankings...)

Here's Button's list for 2013... controversial as always.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

The Great One

At a quick glance, I like it better than the ISS list. Nichushkin rated to highly for me though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    At a quick glance, I like it better than the ISS list. Nichushkin rated to highly for me though.
    Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way, but how could you or any of us really judge if he's ranked highly or not? He plays in the MHL and I doubt that anyone here has had any experience seeing him aside from maybe that one tournament a few months back in Canada.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Some of his defense rankings are a little funky (Ristolainen at 19? Hagg not in the top 30? Pulock the 4th ranked d-man?), but overall I like the list. Some nitpicky things I don't agree with but Button has a better grasp of the players than I do, and for as much crap as Button's lists always get he usually ends up pretty close to the mark.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

I love Buttons rankings. He always has his finger on the pulse of the prospects better then most. His rankings sometimes seem out in left field but I am a big believer in them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way, but how could you or any of us really judge if he's ranked highly or not? He plays in the MHL and I doubt that anyone here has had any experience seeing him aside from maybe that one tournament a few months back in Canada.
    Haha, thats exactly why I said he is ranked to highly for me. Cause I haven't seen him play.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I love the gutsiness Button has to rank Seth Jones number one.

I don't watch these players often enough so I can't really criticize the rankings, but I really like his top three.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

MacKinnon will be #1, some people just want to make noise. Depending on who picks #2, but Barkov could also beat out Jones.

Dobber Sports Ace

You are most likely right.

I find that people make bold claims in the hopes that they get it right so they can say "I said it first before anyone else did".

If they get it wrong they can say that they made the underdog call to begin with and had nothing to lose. It happens all the time.

It appears that this draft could be one of the best in a long time. I have been acquiring 2013 picks for the last couple of years and it looks like it may pay off.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    You are most likely right.

I find that people make bold claims in the hopes that they get it right so they can say "I said it first before anyone else did".

If they get it wrong they can say that they made the underdog call to begin with and had nothing to lose. It happens all the time.

It appears that this draft could be one of the best in a long time. I have been acquiring 2013 picks for the last couple of years and it looks like it may pay off.
    I hear ya. Two 1st rounders, 5 2nds and 5 3rds in my league's 3 round prospect draft next year (aka I own 40% of the draft), I hope it's a stacked year.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Sage

Love his list as usual and love the placement of Jones and 1 that is were I have him. Just 2 things that seem odd to me. 1 Ristolainen at 19 is way,way to low (imo) and the omission of William Butcher from the entire top 71 is very puzzeling to me. He may be a little undersized but outside of Jones he may be the offensivly gifted d-man in the draft.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    I love the gutsiness Button has to rank Seth Jones number one.

I don't watch these players often enough so I can't really criticize the rankings, but I really like his top three.
    Not too gutsy at all IMO. While I still prefer MacKinnon over Jones, I could totally see an NHL team wanteing a big two way minute-munching defenseman in their system. I think the MacKinnon vs. Jones battle is more realistic than most of the recent draft battles we've seen over the past few years.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Not too gutsy at all IMO. While I still prefer MacKinnon over Jones, I could totally see an NHL team wanteing a big two way minute-munching defenseman in their system. I think the MacKinnon vs. Jones battle is more realistic than most of the recent draft battles we've seen over the past few years.
    Agree with this. NHL teams are trying to win games, not win fantasy leagues. If they believe that Jones is the staple that moves the needle the most in the win/loss column, then he has to be their top priority. The next team might feel that MacKinnon is the best alternative.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I popped by Button's chat last week and asked him a question about Valeri Nichushkin.

Here's what he had to say: Valeri is a big, powerful and skilled winger. He skates well and with his size, is able to impose himself in a positive way. He is competitive and makes a difference when it counts. He was instrumental in leading Russia to the championship at the World Under '17 Tourney in January in Windsor. He could be in the mix for 1st overall as well.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Giant

nehithaw nailed it. gutsy calls are still wrong when their wrong. you made the wrong call and you think its ok because you picked the underdog. 1st overall is the easiest pick to make.dont get it wrong.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO