Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    1-Gregory sucks. But the character is needed. A spineless leader. We aren’t used to seeing this so it’s nice to have.
    2-Carl needs to cut that hair.
    Gregory is certainly a tool. I see him f-ing things up good somewhere in the not-too-distant future.

But, I spent the entire episode wondering how the Hilltop got to be where they are under his leadership. It seems improbable. I think some backstory there is called for.

As for Carl, the hair is the least of his problems. I expect that it's deliberate to make him appear younger.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Gregory is certainly a tool. I see him f-ing things up good somewhere in the not-too-distant future.

But, I spent the entire episode wondering how the Hilltop got to be where they are under his leadership. It seems improbable. I think some backstory there is called for.

As for Carl, the hair is the least of his problems. I expect that it's deliberate to make him appear younger.
    Well, as soon as walls went up I think it would be easy for him to run a group of people who had no care to run anything. No one there seems like they are leaders, but they are great followers (per Maggie telling ppl what to do instantly). Then when the Saviours came in he just folded and said something like, “we must survive and this lets us survive”. I would love a quick backstory on the Saviours. How Negan became what he is, how they built such an empire, and how they took over Hilltop and The Kingdom. It seems like quite the episode and it would drag the existence of Negan a little longer.

It seems like a very good middle of the season episode concept. No one big dies, no massive cliff hanger needed, nothing shocking.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, as soon as walls went up I think it would be easy for him to run a group of people who had no care to run anything. No one there seems like they are leaders, but they are great followers (per Maggie telling ppl what to do instantly). Then when the Saviours came in he just folded and said something like, “we must survive and this lets us survive”. I would love a quick backstory on the Saviours. How Negan became what he is, how they built such an empire, and how they took over Hilltop and The Kingdom. It seems like quite the episode and it would drag the existence of Negan a little longer.

It seems like a very good middle of the season episode concept. No one big dies, no massive cliff hanger needed, nothing shocking.
    I think we've found that it takes more than walls to thrive in the Zombie Apocalypse (although they certainly help). It's difficult to feature how any group so bereft of gumption as to have a guy like that for a leader would last for any length of time in such dire circumstances.

Even Alexandria for all their collective naïveté was still founded on leadership that placed sound organization and long term goals over immediate gratification.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I think we've found that it takes more than walls to thrive in the Zombie Apocalypse (although they certainly help). It's difficult to feature how any group so bereft of gumption as to have a guy like that for a leader would last for any length of time in such dire circumstances.

Even Alexandria for all their collective naïveté was still founded on leadership that placed sound organization and long term goals over immediate gratification.
    Jesus said he showed up and he was already in charge. Didn’t he run the historic building pre-zombies? So he was there from the get-go, and something about how ppl in the area flocked to it? So he was incharge of the building pre-zombie, and just assumed the role of leader during zombie. So he was just kinda always the leader. Jesus said the group doesn’t like confrontation. So ppl just had their heads down and worked to live I guess?

I guess people just went about their business right? Like, “oh well I don’t like him, but we’re alive and it’s better here than out there” mentality. It’s only been just over a yr I think it’s been reported online, so some of those people could only be under the Hilltop “Control” for a few months. Jesus has clearly not liked him, and it just takes the right ppl to push a situation like this over the edge.

I keep forgetting that it really hasn’t been that long in terms of show time (just over a yr vs like 7seasons).

Dobber Sports Titan

Anyone else feel like one of the writers went through like a divorce during the filming of this episode and a couple of actors asked him what was up and he didn’t want to talk about it?

“Hey man you don’t look good, whats up?”
    *erases script without breaking eye contact and writes in new lines*
    “Look, his guts were inside him the whole time”

“Awww you look sad, wanna talk about it?”
    *Scratches out line with pen aggressively*
    “Boom, bullet to the eye hole”

Dobber Sports Master

It is starting to drive me nuts that the only two options that Rick and the crew can come up with are:

1) Leave and do what Negan wants forever (or until he starts killing to many people, then...)
    2) Fight to the death

I believe the most important thing to the main crew is that the rest of the main crew stays alive. What can they do to give them all the best chance of survival? LEAVE! Just ****ing leave.... sweet jeebus. Leave and find a new place to live. Its not like Alexandria is their sacred ancestral homeland. They can just pack up and hit the road. Drives me frickin mental.

Dobber Sports Titan

Pretty solid episode last night.
    Gabriel is def with the “whisperers” and Rick smiles because Gabe didn’t run off, he recruited in a way.

Also, when Gabe leaves in the car, half a second before the scene cuts you can see there’s someone else in the car, so he is being taken prisoner by someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Gabriel is def with the ?whisperers? and Rick smiles because Gabe didn?t run off, he recruited in a way.

Also, when Gabe leaves in the car, half a second before the scene cuts you can see there?s someone else in the car, so he is being taken prisoner by someone.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gabriel is def with the ?whisperers? and Rick smiles because Gabe didn?t run off, he recruited in a way.

Also, when Gabe leaves in the car, half a second before the scene cuts you can see there?s someone else in the car, so he is being taken prisoner by someone.
    Interesting take about Gabriel recruiting, but he sure didn't look like a guy being taken prisoner when he got in the car. Wouldn't it have to have been someone from inside Alexandria...because he was on gate duty. I think the timing of his departure meant that he did it on purpose (not forced).

I totally didn't find out that it was back on until earlier in the day Sunday. What a nice surprise!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Interesting take about Gabriel recruiting, but he sure didn't look like a guy being taken prisoner when he got in the car. Wouldn't it have to have been someone from inside Alexandria...because he was on gate duty. I think the timing of his departure meant that he did it on purpose (not forced).

I totally didn't find out that it was back on until earlier in the day Sunday. What a nice surprise!
    I watched the end of the episode at the end of last half season and there's a short clip of someone looking through binoculars in the trees at Gabe, and it's the same foot that was following Rick/Aaron (I think that's his name) at the boat. That's the only reason why I think it?s a capture, and not a "run off".

But this new group can definitely fight. They are great at stealth, you don't hide that many people and move in without making a sound if you're not good at that.

Dobber Sports Master

Good episode there. I think Gabriel was working with someone rather than being abducted. Someone from the outside. Seems like Rick has found his army. Also, I'm expecting the all women camp to come back into play soon. They were fully stocked with weapons.

Dobber Sports Titan

Meh episode. It was literally just to show them get guns. But the women group has a ton of guns and they haven’t even looked that way (writers) to get them. It seemed so all over the place last night, but no real points made.

Also, not cool to make us think that’s how Rick goes. It got me for like a second and then I thought, “no way he goes like this, it’s the deer”.

Dobber Sports Master

Meh episode. It was literally just to show them get guns.

I disagree, I think the purpose of the episode was to tell us that Michonne is gonna die. The episode showed them happy, laughing and generally enjoying life. In other words, get ready for the death scene. I doubt they will kill Rick, so it has to be Michonne. You can't start planning for the future on this show. That gets your character killed... see Ford, Abraham.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I disagree, I think the purpose of the episode was to tell us that Michonne is gonna die. The episode showed them happy, laughing and generally enjoying life. In other words, get ready for the death scene. I doubt they will kill Rick, so it has to be Michonne. You can't start planning for the future on this show. That gets your character killed... see Ford, Abraham.
    I didn’t even think of that.

I went back and rewatched it. It wasn’t a good episode, but it was needed I guess. I’m curious how the carnival became a walker zone. Most of the army guys had their rifles on their backs so how did they die? Wouldn’t they be drawn in an attack? But then the walker through the windshield and shells/bullet holes in the car would suggest an ambush? Then the walkers all tied in an unarmy like way (hands in front of them). Maybe it was the flu like the jail.

The CGI in the last 2 episodes have killed me. The deer looked like a ghost it was so faded. The forestry outside of the car windows was terrible. The junk yard 2/3 episodes ago omg.

Dobber Sports Master

Just take your people and leave. Just go!!!! ARGGGHHHH!!!!!! Leave town and never look back you stupid ****s.

Dobber Sports Titan

This was top 2 in worst seasons ever. It's gotten to the point of, why not leave. Why not rig the doors with your explosives so next people who show up and open the gates (Saviours) it will kill them.