Thread: Goalie situation....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Goalie situation....

Hi all,

I am in a 12 team keeper roto-auction league where I need one more goalie ....

Luongo (at a high cost) or Neuvirth are on my team and I have the option of keeping them or releasing them back into the free-agent crop where everybody will battle for the 2-4 starters available and drive up the cost.

The thing is - you can't carry dead weight in this league and if they end up on the bench -- it really hurts you.

Would you keep one or both of the above or overpay for something more certain.

Thanks for the advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

One would need to know which goalie categories are scored in order to make an accurate assessment. However, with the information provided, if there will only be 2-4 starters available for 12 GM's to bid on then you will be very hard up to release both Luongo and Neuvirth and get 2 decent starters back. I would say definitely keep Luongo no matter what. If you don't have any other large holes you are looking to fill and can spend the $$ on a second starter, then I would release Neuvirth and get a true starter. Neuvirth's situation is not ideal.

Please do provide all of the scoring stats for us and if able, what other goalies will be available for you.
    12 team Dynasty league: 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 1util 5BN 3IR
    G A PPP SHP +/- SOG FOW PIM Hits Blocks W GAA SV% SV SO
    C: Spezza Vermette Weiss E. Staal B. Richards
    LW: Higgins, J. Jokinen Neal Parise Ennis Marleau
    RW: Brouwer Knuble Parenteau Pominville Purcell Voracek
    D: Byfuglien Corvo Giordano Hamonic Lydman Robidas Peckham
    G: Anderson Luongo Rinne

Farm: Coyle Geoffrion Gragnani Nyquist Jeffrey Hamilton