Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im a Xbox man unfortunately. But great idea.

And yeah when I tried MP on Revelations....I got destroyed and it was very frustrating lol.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im a Xbox man unfortunately. But great idea.

And yeah when I tried MP on Revelations....I got destroyed and it was very frustrating lol.
    Damn - they gotta figure out a way to enable cross-platform multiplayer.

Or you can buy a PS3 They do kick a considerable amount of ass.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm curious as to how others are approaching this game.

Yesterday was my first day off since getting it, so I put a lot of hours into it. I am on Sequence 6 Mission 4 (just recruited the first assassin), but I have also been taking care of a lot of the side stuff. I've barely put a dent into it! There are so many little things to take care of.

I've synched all the viewpoints in the Frontier - a bit of a chore with the terrain (which doesn't show on the map really, quite a pain trying to find a way up some of those cliffs), done a couple courier missions, found 3 of the 7 forts (but haven't infiltrated any of them), done 3 or 4 of the homestead missions (but haven't really done anything with them in regards to 'crafting' and sending out convoys), done one naval mission (the bonus Maya mission - very short), started knocking off the 'guild' (? - the Frontiersman/Hunting challenges) stuff, and done a lot of hunting. Probably a few other things too but its a lot to remember.

I was trying for 100% synch on all missions, but that didn't last too long - was doing fine until Sequence 5 and ran into some tough requirements that I just couldn't get even with multiple tries, so I am not too concerned with that anymore (If I can get it on a level then I will, but I am not going to spend an hour retying).

Just opened up Boston's 'Liberation missions' and there are a lot, also Assassination Contracts just started showing up on my map, and I have been getting the Almanac pages when I can.

The new combat system takes a bit of getting used to - the blocking is a lot better, but the counter-attacks are something I have to work on. The combat animation is great, but a few too many things on the combat wheel (R2).

Took a quick look at the Assassin Recruit/allies missions and combat - they really seem to have made that more complicated - I found it a bit much in Revelations so we'll see how well I do with it in AC3.

Storyline is good so far, I'm liking Connor - quite the plot twist at the end of Sequence 3! Have only done the first Desmond mission and it beats the hell out of the Animus missions in ACR (which pretty much everyone hated).

Anyways, I hope Dobberites who are playing this will post here, would be great to help each other out if necessary, and I am just interested in others' progress and impressions of it.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would like to try some multiplayer on PS3 ,i AM NOT GREAT AT THIS GAME,BUT IT IS FUN FOR ME.My id is Wingnut931340 if anyone wants to join me for a less than expert level play.Thanks
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I'm curious as to how others are approaching this game.
    I've been going at it the same; taking my time with the missions, trying to catch up on the seemingly endless side quests.

Im close to the end of the game now and I just remembered I have my own Assassin's I need to send out on missions and level up. I really shouldnt have forgotten this since i've played all the AC games, but there's so much content I just plain forgot. Now i'm delaying the last 2 sequences, catching up on all those assassin missions and experimenting with the crafting and convoy system. (you can craft some pretty nice weapons, but you need to find the special iron ignot cache(hint: it's behind the homestead stables, down the cliff))

I like the free roam aspect, but I do wish they managed the chronological order of events a little better. You'll play a main mission, it'll flash forward a year to 1780, then you go do a naval mission and it's 1778 again, then you send an assassin on a mission that should take place in 1776. Just put a little date next to the missions cues or something next-time. I'm nit-picking tho.

Great game.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Icon

Has anyone esle been playing MP on this? I decided to give it a chance but I think I have given it enough. I played the solo Wolfpack mode to get the online trophies (got the Platinum a couple weeks ago).

After that I only really got into Deathmatch, and it just seems kind of pointless. There is very little you can do to defend yourself, and I seemed to be getting destroyed in the deaths big time. I watched and read some tutorials, but I guess I just suck at any multiplayer...I tried some of the other modes and just couldn't get into them.

Dobber Sports Immortal

So this game. ....Yeah it's cool to play in a different setting once again....but Im on Sequence 8 and there has been VERY LITTLE moving the whole Assassin's Creed story forward. Seriously....Im just playing through history. Why didn't I just buy a textbook?

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah the Desmond sequences are the only thing that really move the overall story arc forward (if you've put the batteries in their place outside of the Animus). The ending was a bit of a surprise - don't want to spoil anything but there was a development that makes any sequels sure to be different (unless...). Still an enjoyable single player campaign.

Connor is OK but nothing compared to Ezio. I like the first few levels with Haytham (then the twist with the revelation of who he really is), and the naval battles were awesome. I think they could do an entire game with just naval sequences - pirate assassins or something like that.

Dobber Sports Icon

Anyone grab the Tyranny of King Washington add-ons yet? I just finished episode 2, its pretty good...if you are an AC fan then I recommend it. The 3rd (and last) looks like it will have some naval battles

I think they could do an entire game with just naval sequences - pirate assassins or something like that.
    Also looking forward to AC4 - looks damn good...I guess I called it with the whole pirate thing, eh?