Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rick Nash

Dobber Sports Guru

Although it is true, these guys are robbing players of their spots in the other leagues (temporarily), I have to wonder:

- how many tickets are they selling for Swiss League games that might have otherwise gone unsold -- thereby potentially improving the leagues long-term. The roster spots will open up again when the lockout ends.

- how many NHL fans in other countries are seeing their favorite players (or at least the best players in the world) for at least a short time. We are frustrated we'll miss out on NHL action. Fans in Switzerland are getting their only taste of it.

I know I'll probably go to a couple AHL games early that I wouldn't normally -- just to see some of these guys that would be in NHL jerseys if not for the lockout.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RippedOnNitro View Post
    I don't like that the players take away a spot from a lesser skilled player on a foreign team only to bail out to the NHL immediately when a deal is reached.

Either commit a full season in the foreign league, or do not participate in the games (or atleast do not play top line minutes), but only in the training sessions to keep in shape.
    That would be up to the leagues to take care of this issue. If the teams are offering the contracts that is because they feel it is a good business decision. Their job is to make money, and you can't fault NHL players for accepting those offers.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Must be a lockout year eh

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not only is he way overrated in North America... but he's overrated overseas too!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My next drink is dedicated to the hope that Jim Dolan gets off of his obese, drug addicted arse and uses Ranger Rick's shoulder as an excuse to break Bettman and Jeremy Jacobs' stranglehold over the Board of Governors and end this pointless lockout.

Banned

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411159

hurt again, coming back to nyc...

nobody cares though.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411159

hurt again, coming back to nyc...

nobody cares though.
    Now he can replace one of the fallen warriors that stand behind Fehr at the podium.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust