Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Rick Nash

Darren DregerVerified
    ‏@DarrenDreger
    Rick Nash injured his shoulder in Swiss game. His agent, Joe Resnick says he was taken out of game and will be re-evaluated in a cpl days.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im sure he wont be the last to get hurt playing over seas. Greedy bastards, looks good on them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe this'll have the owners wanting to come to terms quickly, while their players are still healthy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im sure he wont be the last to get hurt playing over seas. Greedy bastards, looks good on them.
    has nothing to do with greed... not a thing.

Dobber Sports Ace

i wouldn't say greedy, but bad karma. he's a multi-millionaire who wants to keep fit so is taking someone else's job.

and then he will leave immediately once the lockout is resolved.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Guru

Boy I'll be pissed if I lose a guy like Nash in regular season games because of Swiss-league games.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    has nothing to do with greed... not a thing.
    Ya, they are playing in Europe to keep in shape. Thats why they are playing for free. Oh wait, they are getting paid?

The rich NHL skilled players play in Europe while the "lesser-skilled" guys stay here and support the union and their strike cause. No pay cheque for them though nor for the guys who lose their jobs in Europe while NHL players take their roster spot.

You keep believing what you want and I will do the same. I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

if you see what these guys are getting paid, well, they aren't getting rich.
    deduct living expenses and the insanely high priced cost of insurance and it becomes quite evident that they aren't heading overseas to collect a paycheck.
    so you can go on being wrong all by yourself, thank you...

Banned

hey axe,
    check this article out...
    no hard numbers, but it repeats the same message: the players are heading overseas to play because it keeps them sharp and in game shape, it beats sitting around at home on their butts, it can be a great life experience to head overseas and try something new, and because it slaps the nhl ownership group in the face... other than the few high profile russian superstars who went home to play, most of these guys are not cashing in. fact is, other than the khl, most of the leagues can't afford to hand out multiple big money contracts...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4555472/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I bet they are getting some Swiss female action though!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I bet they are getting some Swiss female action though!!
    mos def... that's where thornton met his wife during the last lockout...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    mos def... that's where thornton met his wife during the last lockout...
    Is this true?? Come on.. I bet they are all out there getting some major booty..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

There's a reason a lot of them choose Switzerland!
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Icon

A major beneficiary of this has been the Kontinental Hockey League. The rules of singing a contract with the KHL change during an NHL lockout; players still under NHL contract are permitted to sign there for no more than 65% of what they would be paid under their existing contracts, and the KHL must provide them a “get-out” clause in the event that the NHL lockout is resolved while they are playing overseas. This allows them to still earn millions of dollars and play in a professional league while the NHL is out of session–not a bad deal by any means.

Saying that the leagues have limited spots.

Theres no question that SOME(Few?) will make more $$$ but not close to their NHL salary. But for the majority it is definitely limited.

Saying that Axe makes a very good point.

The rich NHL skilled players play in Europe while the "lesser-skilled" guys stay here and support the union and their strike cause. No pay cheque for them though nor for the guys who lose their jobs in Europe while NHL players take their roster spot.

So true. What a sad world we live in.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't like that the players take away a spot from a lesser skilled player on a foreign team only to bail out to the NHL immediately when a deal is reached.

Either commit a full season in the foreign league, or do not participate in the games (or atleast do not play top line minutes), but only in the training sessions to keep in shape.
    NHL Dynasty #1 (24-team - H2H Rotisserie - 4xC,4xLW,4xRW,6xD,1xG)
    Stats: G, A, Ft, SOG, STP, Hit, Blk, Tk, FOW, W, SV, SHO

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))
    Stats: G (1), A (1), W (2), SHO (3)

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)