Thread: How's My Tender Tandem?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default How's My Tender Tandem?

I currently have Lundqvist and Lehtonen in net. I am planning on taking another goalie at our annual Free Agent Auction this coming weekend and I'm just wondering how much I will need to reach for a goalie. We count Wins and Shut Outs. The top goalies available are Fleury, Price, Halak, Elliott, Lindback, Dubnyk, Theodore, and Bobrovsky. I am in the middle in terms of cap room. Obviously it would be nice to grab Fleury or Price, but it would obviously cost a lot more, leaving me little room for an upgrade on any of my other positions. Which goalie of the above list do you feel will be most cost effective and allow me to protect against an injury.
    YEAR ONE OF THE REBUILD

12 Team Keeper League with Salary Cap: C - ; W - ; D - Chabot, Gardiner; G -

Farm: F - L. Brown, Dauphin, Hayden, Heponiemi, Krebs, Newhook, Suzuki, Thomas, Zegras; D - Byram, Dahlin, Heiskanen, T.Smith; G - Dipietro, C.Gibson, Luukkonen

Count Pts, +/-, W, SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you want a cost effective insurance policy, go for Dubnyk. He should see the majority of the starts this year and has put up 2 straight seasons of sound numbers.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports All-Star

If the price is reasonable, Halak would be your man. Fleury and Price will probably both be expensive to bid on, hopefully the big spenders will be done by the time Halak rolls on stage.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm guessing all of the legitimate proven starters are gonna be difficult to obtain.

I'd roll the dice on Lindback depending on how much it costs to attain him. Obviously if the cost isn't much different than one of the more established guys then go for them. Just don't expect Lindback to put up 65 starts or anything because I don't think he's conditioned to do so.

Elliott is another possibility as people will probably be less interested in him because he's a backup. I would look to see how many conflicts you'd have with Lundqvist and Lehtonen though if you do choose to do this route.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rocket94 View Post
    I currently have Lundqvist and Lehtonen in net. I am planning on taking another goalie at our annual Free Agent Auction this coming weekend and I'm just wondering how much I will need to reach for a goalie. We count Wins and Shut Outs. The top goalies available are Fleury, Price, Halak, Elliott, Lindback, Dubnyk, Theodore, and Bobrovsky. I am in the middle in terms of cap room. Obviously it would be nice to grab Fleury or Price, but it would obviously cost a lot more, leaving me little room for an upgrade on any of my other positions. Which goalie of the above list do you feel will be most cost effective and allow me to protect against an injury.
    I don't think you need anyone else, Lundy and Kari is a very nice tandem.

However, if you did decide to go after a third goalie, Dubnyk makes the most sense IMO.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think Elliot is a good bet that shouldn't be too expensive, particularily when it comes to shutouts. He probably won't receive the majority of starts, but you've already got two surefire starters(barring a Lehtonen injury).

Dobber Sports Wizard

With only wins and shutouts counting, I'm not sure how much interest I'd have in Elliott. Halak is probably the best choice, assuming you don't have to break the bank to get him which is a possibility.

If Halak gets too expensive, Dubnyk would be my second choice. He'll ride the upswinging Oilers to decent wins and pick up a couple shutouts here and there.

But Halak is definitely first on my list.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar