Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Allaire leaving Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good riddance... the man is a legend but he was simply not working out here, and our goalies were not responding to him. Glad to see him go.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Good riddance... the man is a legend but he was simply not working out here, and our goalies were not responding to him. Glad to see him go.
    It makes me wonder though... if different people were trying to control things at the same time, can a new goalie coach have more success? I don't know much about the insider stuff in this case but I know in the past management has pushed hockey people into making bad decisions.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

This can't be good.

It's true he didn't have much of an impact with the current goaltending but Allaire was used in pitches to sign FA goalies (Gus, Scrivens, Rynnas, Owuya). Having the Marlies in town helps a lot, but I'm sure Allaire playing a big part in bringing those goalies in.

Hopefully, we have enough goalie depth that we won't need to sign any more long shot goalies and the new goalie coach can develop from within.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Kypreos tweeted this morning that Cujo is a potential replacement.
    LOL

I mean, I like Cujo - who doesn't, but talk about a completely different style from the one Allaire teaches.
    I want to see Cujo try to coach Luongo into playing that scrambling style. But just for one game because I own Lou in my dynasty league.

Dobber Sports Ninja

"He was a great goalie coach," said James Reimer, following an on-ice workout at MasterCard Centre on Monday morning. "As far as what Frankie did for me, I can never thank him enough. I think he's the guy that prepared me for this next level the most and if there's any one person that I owe it to the most, he's one of those guys."
    Reimer's reaction to the departure.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=405519

Dobber Sports Pro

Look, no one can question Allaires resume, but at the end of the day he is a coach. To me a coach, especially a spe******t coach is a part of the team and a product of his environment.

I mean he obviously was at the forefront of the butterfly style and was a huge mentor to many great goalies in the game. BUT let's take a look at the highlights of his career.

1 - Patrick Roy - maybe the best goalie of all time, who came under Allaire's tutelage. I am not willing to give all the credit for Roy's development to Allaire and I am sure Patrick would rank himself as the #1 reason for his own success as well.

2 - Giguere - A great blocking goalie, who may have benefited more from Allaire than any other goalie in the league. But there were 3 other reasons he was successful in no particular order. 1 - A Randy Carlisle defensive system 2- Chris Pronger 3- Scott Niedermeyer. I am not sure if Allaire crack's the top 3 in reasons for Giguere's success and Stanley cup run.

I like Allaire and I wish him well, but he kind of pissed me off as a Leaf fan. Burke was a huge supporter and cheerleader for him and protected him from scorn as goalie after goalie floundered here in TO. I am not blaming Allaire for all the failures but don't be a little whiner as you were not blamed or fired by the Toronto Maple Leafs. Your contract was up and your time here has to be considered a failure, so you move on.

Shake hands and leave with your head held high. Be thankful that you were part of a team and did your best. No one took parting shots at you when it would be easy, in hockey hungry Toronto.

Leave with a little class.

If you do maybe your next job will hand you the "worlds greatest goalie" or a couple perennial Norris trophy winners to work with and once again showcase your talents.

Thank Burkie and the fans of Toronto. Say something nice about Scrivens and Reimer and wish Carlyle and his staff good luck. Be a professional.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Look, no one can question Allaires resume, but at the end of the day he is a coach. To me a coach, especially a spe******t coach is a part of the team and a product of his environment.

I mean he obviously was at the forefront of the butterfly style and was a huge mentor to many great goalies in the game. BUT let's take a look at the highlights of his career.

1 - Patrick Roy - maybe the best goalie of all time, who came under Allaire's tutelage. I am not willing to give all the credit for Roy's development to Allaire and I am sure Patrick would rank himself as the #1 reason for his own success as well.

2 - Giguere - A great blocking goalie, who may have benefited more from Allaire than any other goalie in the league. But there were 3 other reasons he was successful in no particular order. 1 - A Randy Carlisle defensive system 2- Chris Pronger 3- Scott Niedermeyer. I am not sure if Allaire crack's the top 3 in reasons for Giguere's success and Stanley cup run.

I like Allaire and I wish him well, but he kind of pissed me off as a Leaf fan. Burke was a huge supporter and cheerleader for him and protected him from scorn as goalie after goalie floundered here in TO. I am not blaming Allaire for all the failures but don't be a little whiner as you were not blamed or fired by the Toronto Maple Leafs. Your contract was up and your time here has to be considered a failure, so you move on.

Shake hands and leave with your head held high. Be thankful that you were part of a team and did your best. No one took parting shots at you when it would be easy, in hockey hungry Toronto.

If you do maybe your next job will hand you the "worlds greatest goalie" or a couple perennial Norris trophy winners to work with and once again showcase your talents.

Thank Burkie and the fans of Toronto. Say something nice about Scrivens and Reimer and wish Carlyle and his staff good luck. Be a professional.

Right on... this sums up everything I was thinking but was too lazy to type out in my short winded post lol

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Oh for sure, but I'm sure a guy with a resume like Allaire won't have much trouble finding work elsewhere, especially since teams are now starting to roll with multiple goalie coaches.

I'm just saying the connection is there if in fact Luongo is traded before Allaire decides what his next move is.
    Yea. Colorado doesn't even have one full time goalie coach. Propably some horrible preferance of Sacco.

Administrator

Big egos on both sides here. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, the team suffered.

Dobber Sports Deity

My favorite part of this whole thing is the clip TSN is showing from March 5th 2012 where Brian Burke is stating that Allaire isnt going anywhere, and that he's the greatest hockey coach on the planet. Now he's saying his tactics are outdated. Oh Brian, I love your quotes and quips you fire at the media, but your lack of hockey intelligence once again is showing. I think its time for someone else to go, maybe the greatest GM on the planet.

Its days like this that I am proud to say I am not a Leafs fan. Who am I kidding, I am proud to say that everyday.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My favorite part of this whole thing is the clip TSN is showing from March 5th 2012 where Brian Burke is stating that Allaire isnt going anywhere, and that he's the greatest hockey coach on the planet. Now he's saying his tactics are outdated. Oh Brian, I love your quotes and quips you fire at the media, but your lack of hockey intelligence once again is showing. I think its time for someone else to go, maybe the greatest GM on the planet.

Its days like this that I am proud to say I am not a Leafs fan. Who am I kidding, I am proud to say that everyday.
    To me the statement that Allaire's style is outdated is an excuse for something else because that is the complaint the general public has against Allaire. He doesn't want to play ball so... get on the public bandwagon!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Burke will never bad mouth his staff or players. He would never say they are doing a poor job either. How many times as he said "Schenn isn't going anywhere; we have no intentions of trading him"?

If Allaire didn't disrespect the organization before leaving, I am pretty confident Burke would have said his usual "Thanks for all the years in Toronto..." speech. But Allaire didn't do that. When was the last time you saw Burke bad mouth one of his players or staff? Next time Burke addresses the media, the smarter thing to do is read between the lines. Thats the way he communicates.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Burke will never bad mouth his staff or players. He would never say they are doing a poor job either. How many times as he said "Schenn isn't going anywhere; we have no intentions of trading him"?

If Allaire didn't disrespect the organization before leaving, I am pretty confident Burke would have said his usual "Thanks for all the years in Toronto..." speech. But Allaire didn't do that. When was the last time you saw Burke bad mouth one of his players or staff? Next time Burke addresses the media, the smarter thing to do is read between the lines. Thats the way he communicates.
    Spoken like a true Leafs fan.

Burke needs to stop BS'ing the fans/media with smoke and mirrors. Most of us are too smart to fall for it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

If he didn't use smoke and mirrors, you would be criticizing him for airing out his laundry to the public.
    Winning cures everything.

Dobber Sports Deity

If he didn't use smoke and mirrors, you would be criticizing him for airing out his laundry to the public.
    Another Leafs fan standing up and being heard.

I doubt that I would be criticizing him for being honest. I would rather watch someone who is honest and can admit it when things go bad then someone who expects us to believe a pile of crap.

And I dont blame you for missing Gilmour. The Leafs have been ripping their fans off for years.